Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2020, 21:34   #46
BHPian

Re: How much has your daily km running reduced due to Covid-19?

While work commute has dropped to zero, spouse's trips related to planting groups/groceries have increased. While not equal to pre-COVID, the running is still quite high on the Prius. Almost 1500 miles since April (6 months). On the other hand, the Accord had it's first refuel in almost 4 months earlier this month. Interestingly, insurance companies in the US are giving almost 15-25% discount in premium during renewal since usage has reduced.
Old 21st September 2020, 21:38   #47

vehicles at my place used to see around 1500 - 1800 Kms in a months time. This is between my car, my better half's car and a Two wheeler I own and mostly for office travel.

With both of us now working from home and no outing. the primary vehicle is parked in garage with battery disconnected. I use better half car for 10Kms a week and 2 wheeler also around same distance, mainly for shopping.

Dearly miss the drives and this is the second most thing I miss due to lockdown other than outside food. :(
Old 22nd September 2020, 03:54   #48
BHPian

The lockdown since March has caused heartburn to us petrolheads. Seeing our cars parked for a long duration is the saddest thing.

I started WFH since 17-March-2020, My Punto was parked for 137 days till 31-July-2020 clocking roughly 100mts when I used to move her up and down my driveway every week. I finally got the courage to go for a short 20km drive on the 1st of August and have been going on solo and safe drives without ever getting out from my car ever since(mostly ECR).

Recently after a little more relaxation with respect to the Intra-state e-pass in TN I have started going on 200-300km round trips since the past couple of weeks. No contact drives - Fastag, food & water from home.
Old 22nd September 2020, 14:06   #49
BHPian

Being in the essential sector my running has shot up quite a bit. The day lockdown was imposed by F10 odo read 71,6XX kms, as of today its at 80,3XX. Meanwhile my gti has hardly seen the roads
Old 22nd September 2020, 15:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Not much, really. Other than the months of April and May when we were truly under lockdown, the moment restrictions eased up, our office reopened and I have been doing my work trips regularly.

Also have been doing a lot of late night drives because of the reduced traffic making short night time spins quite pleasurable. So if anything, my daily average distance has increased to some extent!
Old 22nd September 2020, 18:06   #51
BHPian

Since all of us in my household are working from home right now and will continue to do so till early next year at least, our running has come down by a fair bit.

The Grand i10 which was used for my office commute and some errands on weekends, now only sees the weekend errands, so I'm down to doing 10-15 kilometers a week as against close to 150 kilometers every week.

The Creta which was used almost exclusively on the weekends for outings and highway drives is used for our short weekend drives for sightseeing to places in and around Bangalore, so about 100 kilometers or so every week which is maybe slightly lesser than its usual running.
Old 22nd September 2020, 18:11   #52
BHPian

PRECOVID-19 ERA

Office Running (thrice a week every alternate week) = 120kms (Noida - Gurgaon - Noida)
Weekend Running = 30-50kms average
Highway Running (once in 3 months) = 1000 (Noida - Kanpur - Noida) - 2200 (Noida - Patna - Noida) kms average
Monthly Running ~ 1500 - 1800 kms average

COVID-19 ERA

Office Running = 0kms (100% WFH announced officially till 31st Dec 2020 for now)
Ad Hoc Running = 5-10kms average (strictly if needed)
Highway Running (Done 2 Highway Runs in August 2020) = 1000 (Noida - Kanpur - Noida) + 2200 (Noida - Patna - Noida) kms
Total Kms since 25th March 2020 = 3300 kms

Cheers!
Old 22nd September 2020, 18:28   #53
BHPian

Even before the Covid crisis, I was driving the car for about 40 kms a week. I drove the car on Saturdays for groceries, children's vaccination etc and on Sundays to go to church and now we barely use it.

My wife takes the car for a spin on Saturday for 8 kms and I drive the same distance on Sunday just to keep the car moving. Thats 16 kms a week now.

My scooter runs for about 10-12 kms a week since I step out only on Friday to get groceries for the next week.

In our apartment society, there's a lot of folks who brought new cars last December and in the first quarter of 2020 and they're all parked with very little use and I hear them state that they're paying an EMI and not driving around as much as they want to.
Old 23rd September 2020, 16:05   #54
BHPian

I have been working from home years before the lockdown, and thus my car is essentially used for weekend drives. I bought a new car in November end, and got it delivered in January ( we were planning a January delivery for our kid too, and that didn't happen). From January till the third week of March, I did about 1400 kms, including a trip to Mysore. Since then, it has reached about 3000 kms. While I did not drive at all during the lockdown (except for the mandatory starting, moving ahead or back by inches, etc.), I started going out for short drives around mid-May. The car's second service was done at 1700 kms in June.
Since then, I have done a few airport runs just to enjoy the relatively empty roads. Apart from this, I also go out on drives (usually 15-25 kms) in the famed ORR of Bengaluru after 9 PM, which would otherwise be crowded with vehicles. I never get out of the car though. So much for buying a Diesel!
Nevertheless, a BLR-BBSR road trip has been planned with the family and our doggo, and I am looking forward to munch some miles.
Old 24th September 2020, 11:29   #55
BHPian

Pre-COVID lockdown I used to drive around 1800 kms in a month (office commute was 70 kms daily + the odd drives over the weekend). My Verna reached 49,163 kms within 2.5 years - Oct'17 to March'20 (I distinctly remember the figure because it was stuck at that number for 4 months during lockdown).

Post opening up of lockdown haven't driven much (1000 kms over the last 3 months) as salary cuts have meant i have not been in the pink of (financial) health. Have started riding to office (alternate days of the week) on my Dominar 400 which is getting its share of attention (it had done only 1800 odd kms during the entire first year of ownership with me).
Old 26th September 2020, 08:12   #56
BHPian

Post opening up of covid lockdown, Ive noticed that vehicles in my family have started munching more kms than they used to. Before the pandemic most of my family members were comfortable using public transport or car sharing with colleagues , but now that normalcy has started slowly, we feel much safer using the enclosed spaces of our vehicles for all tasks avoiding public interaction as low as possible no matter what the distance is.
Old 2nd October 2020, 15:30   #57
Senior - BHPian

Nice One - as others have called out, I do not have a daily running anymore. My drive used to be 40 kms everyday in heavy Bangalore traffic crossing the World famous "Silk Board Junction".

Post Covid, I have not had to refuel my primary car since the last 219 days and I just re-fueled my beater car a week ago after 179 days

I had started another thread on similar lines about How Long Ago did people refuel here during the Lockdown - (How long, long ago did you refuel?)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks