Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2020, 12:29   #31
BHPian

Re: How much has your daily km running reduced due to Covid-19?

I do not have a daily run anymore!!

Under normal circumstances, I had a daily office drive along with frequent drives for meetings etc. across NCR. Weekends were even more hectic at times with groceries, meeting with friends or an occasional highway drive (Delhiwallas can relate to paranthas at Murthal for a Saturday dinner, right?)

Now, I take our my car once in the weekends for a mandatory drive just to keep my car in running conditions.

Incidentally, I have a Rollr Mini device installed in my car which sends weekly drive statistics every Monday. the graph nowadays looks ridiculous! Zero flat line for Monday to Friday and then a short spike on Saturday/Sunday. Earlier, it used to look way better!
Old 21st September 2020, 12:32   #32
BHPian

The car which I used for going to school + tuition + birthday parties covered around 15000 km a year (academic year, April to March).

Now thanks to online classes + no parties, it has covered around 750 km in the last 6 months. Maybe this whole academic year, it might not even cover 2000 km.

My mom's car which covered around 22000 km a year will most probably see only about 10000 km of running this year (again, academic year i.e. till March 2021).

So a net usage of more than 37000 km a year has dropped to around 12000 km. That is less than one-third.

Last edited by A.M. : 21st September 2020 at 12:48. Reason: Highlights
Old 21st September 2020, 12:43   #33
BHPian

Unlike others, even after being stationary for 4 months our Creta has been raking up miles steadily. Although it's almost half of what it accumulated in the first year.

This day next month will mark the 2nd anniversary of our Creta, it currently has 29731km on the ODO. In its first year the baby was driven almost 20k. Considering the fourth service is due and October being a usually busy month for dad, the ODO's gonna rise by atleast 2k before our car's 2nd birthday .

Last edited by Abhi5868 : 21st September 2020 at 12:44.
Old 21st September 2020, 15:20   #34
BHPian

My daily commute to work is 76kms oneway and in a month, I cover about 3000-3500kms (about 40000kms a year), pre-COVID. With the measures taken in the Netherlands and a lot of companies choosing to have work from home as a norm than exception, my mileage has drastically dropped.

This can be seen in the nice curve below:

How much has your daily km running reduced due to Covid-19?-teslamate_mileage_1year.png

The slope of the curve drastically changes after the 2nd week of march 2020.

Energy used has also reduced considerably

6 months pre-COVID:
How much has your daily km running reduced due to Covid-19?-screenshot-20200921-115910.png

6 months during COVID:
How much has your daily km running reduced due to Covid-19?-screenshot-20200921-115933.png

Last edited by carthick1000 : 21st September 2020 at 15:32.
Old 21st September 2020, 15:43   #35
BHPian

WFH for last 4 years so my daily driving(miniscule) isn't really effected. But yes, the weekend drives are at 0kms with only one exception since March. Altogether, it comes to about 80% down on pre covid monthly average.
Old 21st September 2020, 16:04   #36
BHPian

It has been the other way around for me! I had been driving my throughout COVID. Sometimes had to live out of my car too. It was risky to utilize the Hospital's transport since it was being utilized for all the other purposes. Wouldn't say my daily run increased, but She definitely wasn't on standby! But it has become a nightmare driving in the present times. People have become more erratic, ignorant, aggressive and unpredictable on the roads. Free roads equaled to smooth drive and great milage. Trust me when I say that, My City CVT returned an average of 17 kmpl on the same roads where I usually got 12-13 kmpl. This just shows if the traffic is streamlined, we can definitely save a lot of fuel!
Old 21st September 2020, 16:18   #37
sgm
BHPian

My office commute is around 45KM daily and from May, after the lock down was eased, I go to office only 25-30% of the time, so there is some decent usage. I definitely miss our family trips and visit to home town. The cars are used and kept in shape by rotating the usage between them. My wife has driven only like 2 or 3 days in the past 6 months, when she had to visit the office to get some stuff fixed.

Last edited by sgm : 21st September 2020 at 16:20.
Old 21st September 2020, 16:39   #38
BHPian

I stayed in NCR earlier. Used to drive from Noida to Gurgaon. This was a 76 km round trip. Then my office shifted to Noida, so my daily drive went down to about 16 km a day.
I moved to Bangalore and my daily drive remained at 16 km daily.

Then COVID-19 came along, and now I am in a stage where I take out the car maybe once a month to keep it rolling.
Old 21st September 2020, 17:05   #39
BHPian

My Average was ~1500KM / Month. (S-Cross Zeta).

Had completed ~85K till March 13th 2020, and that was the last day I attended office before the Covid pandemic struck.

Not using the Car for last 6 months as it is WFH till date and might have added ~50KM to the mileage in this lockdown period.

The car completed 5 Years on 17th Aug 2020.
Old 21st September 2020, 17:39   #40
Senior - BHPian

Pre-Covid 62 Kms to and fro daily with monthly around 1200 to 1300 kms. Now since March I have done a mere 7 to 8 kms. I had done a full tank on Mar 11 and post that the fuel gauge moved just 1 notch down that too because I diligently move the car around for 15 mins every weekend Sat or Sun inside society premises. I don't think I will be refueling this entire year, don't know about servicing the car as well.
Old 21st September 2020, 18:01   #41
BHPian

I have been driving throughout the lockdown.
For essential utilities, I took out my car for groceries and toiletries and tried to cover as much distance as lawfully permitted. Grocery stores furthest from my place were visited to keep the car running for longer periods. Weekly short bursts of only 1-2 km were avoided (would have done more harm than good for engine). When service industry opened in May end, my business reopened and has enabled regular travel distances. Did a few inter-state runs when borders opened. Covered 11000 kms in a period of 7 months since purchase. 2 periodic services completed.
Old 21st September 2020, 18:20   #42
Senior - BHPian

Related thread:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ou-refuel.html (How long, long ago did you refuel?)

My daily running used to be around 30km, which would translate to about 5500km per 6 months. In the past 6 months, my car has done 1200km. Car usage has dropped by 80%.
There is no commute - working from home. There are no pleasure trips. I get to use the car about once every 10 days, and make sure that it runs at least 5-8km whenever I take it out.
Old 21st September 2020, 18:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Ever since the Covid-19-induced lockdown hit us, many people have been forced to work from home.
What was the distance that you drove daily before the lockdown and how much do you drive now?
boy o boy, you brought the question straight from the heart. I am one of those who calls the lockdown a blessing in disguise. My daily commute was 225 kms (NE1 every single working day) since last 8 years. I was begging for atleast 1 day in a week to work from home and was denied. Finally realized god exists.

So since last 8 years i was all into cars. Experimenting the potential of the car every single day. Jetta, 530d and GT TSI were my toys. Lost the Jetta as Total loss in one incident. Bought and sold 530d after realizing i went too soon after such budget and settled into GT TSI 6 months before the pandemic and lockdown. Cant thank my stars enough and cant imagine paying hefty EMIs on a depreciating asset sitting idle in parking.

6 months into working from home and realized, i may not need a bigger car in near future. The budget was diverted towards making myself 10 years younger and getting a cleanly used naked Hooligan. Took the delivery last week. It gives me the 0-100 time of 3.2 sec, which none of the cars a normal man can afford. It has got more horses than a GT TSI and that too with only 2 wheels weighing at just 214 kgs. The sound of the triple is another level with pops and bangs of that arrow.

I hope the pandemic ends soon and i can explore places on this new toy.

I now believe the phrase " Everything happens for a reason and a bloody good one".
Attached Thumbnails
How much has your daily km running reduced due to Covid-19?-delivery.jpg  

Mission_PGPX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 19:04   #44
BHPian

60 kms everyday in Mumbai traffic everyday had made my WagonR CNG my second home prior to covid19. And then after March 16 this year, it all came to a halt. I barely got a chance to even switch on the car in April and May. And finally in June, I sold it after having driven it for around 85000kms over 4 years.

Now with work from home a reality, there's no dedicated 'daily running'. But then I realised that a car is now a necessity more than comfort/luxury. I wouldn't even want to use uber/ola, forget autos and cabs. I have booked the Skoda rapid tsi 1.0 and am eagerly awaiting for delivery

I was planning to sell my WagonR any which way and get myself a torquey diesel since I had that much running daily. But then with no dedicated daily running now, I thought why not get a petrol rocket I hope it's the right decision given Skoda/VWs infamous horror stories.
Old 21st September 2020, 20:03   #45
HrB
BHPian

I used to drive about 20 km daily on average. Since the lock down, my car has run for less than 150 km since March 23rd.

Unlike many super heroes (Corona can do nothing to them) we see on the roads everyday, I prefer to play safe as I have octogenarian parents at home. Have hardly gone out since March. Weekly drive done for the car where I make it sure not to get down anywhere.

All shopping done online including vegetable and poultry. For unavoidable work outside, I have few super heroes volunteering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks