Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2009, 11:21   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Totally.
But also the judicial system is so designed that it moves with snails pace.

I guess we should have fast track courts for these cases also.
This will at least bring more order and peace of mind rather than slowly eating away our life walking in and out of courts.
Agree completely but fast track courts now a days only take up cases of high media value .
Old 15th May 2009, 13:50   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
Agree completely but fast track courts now a days only take up cases of high media value .
That's true.

Hope the dates given by court is honoured properly and the case is closed at the earliest.

Was there a possibility of closing the case outside the court after filing the case ???
Old 15th May 2009, 14:02   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Regarding my case, a few police folks came down to my home 2-3 days back and wanted to settle the case via. Lok Adalat. The police guys wanted me to come to the PS where they will call the victim too and wanted to wrap it up there and then.

I called my lawyer who told me not to go to PS as this adalat is held at court and we will do it there. So calling me to PS was a guise to pry some money out of me.

Anyways, i think i may be going to the court tomorrow for the Lok Adalat and hopefully, it should be settled for good amicably ( even if i may have to shell out more money). As you know i already paid the victim 40K which was against my lawyer's advice.
Good luck to both you guys. Lok Adalat is a very nice way to settle these things. If both parties are reasonable, these things get sorted out on the spot.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:06   #154
BHPian

My heartfelt sympathies. Hope things get sorted out. An extremely supportive employer is a boon for you. I hope they continue to support you further at this time of crisis. My best wishes.
Old 15th May 2009, 14:11   #155
BHPian

BTW, how are you managing on work front. It must be too hectic!
Old 15th May 2009, 14:21   #156
BHPian

Sorry to read such an incident, I almost everyday driving think when in world we will have civic sense to understand that roads are not playgrounds.

May God give you enough power & support to come out victorious in tough times.
Old 18th May 2009, 11:22   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
That's true.

Hope the dates given by court is honoured properly and the case is closed at the earliest.

Was there a possibility of closing the case outside the court after filing the case ???
I hope the dates are honoured , i have checked on that possibility and thats a dead end .

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Good luck to both you guys. Lok Adalat is a very nice way to settle these things. If both parties are reasonable, these things get sorted out on the spot.
would lok adalat get involved in this kind of case , only the accused is truing up in court the other party is not even interested to turn up in court now a days .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.mishra View Post
My heartfelt sympathies. Hope things get sorted out. An extremely supportive employer is a boon for you. I hope they continue to support you further at this time of crisis. My best wishes.
Sadly due to various reason is have had to part ways this very supportive employer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep.mishra View Post
BTW, how are you managing on work front. It must be too hectic!
Do i have an option ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Sorry to read such an incident, I almost everyday driving think when in world we will have civic sense to understand that roads are not playgrounds.

May God give you enough power & support to come out victorious in tough times.

thank you every one for your good wishes , its all these good vibes that keep me going at the end of the day.
Old 18th May 2009, 11:37   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
would lok adalat get involved in this kind of case , only the accused is truing up in court the other party is not even interested to turn up in court now a days .
AFAIK (and I am not sure), Lok Adalat comes before going to the court.
Old 24th May 2009, 01:12   #159
Senior - BHPian

Anoop, its really sad to hear about the accident and the court case which is pending from a long time. I pray that the case will be closed asap in your favour.
Old 9th June 2009, 16:00   #160
Sandy!!!!

Wish you all the very best and pray for a speedy acquital

Old 4th August 2009, 16:51   #161
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday i had a hearing , but the witness did not turn up neither did thier advocate so the new judge instructed the police to reissue a warrant/summons and gave 10th August 2009 as the next date for hearing and also announced that a couple of times the other guys dont turn up the case will be dropped.

Things suddenly has started moving faster. the reason , since during the recent election time some unscrupulous court employee had set fire to the court room where all the records were kept to destroy the audit trail of his fraudulent actvties the court has now been slplit further . Earlier there were three courts now there are five and so the judges are giving closer dates and resolving cases faster.

So now my next hearing is in a week ie 10th August 2009.
Old 4th August 2009, 17:09   #162
Senior - BHPian

Hope the next date is the final one that you have to go thru.

Let your advocate press on this, when the next hearing comes and hopefully the case is dropped.

All the best, HS!
Old 4th August 2009, 17:12   #163
BHPian

Hope you ride over this wave with minimum damage to you and your family.

Quote:
Things suddenly has started moving faster. the reason , since during the recent election time some unscrupulous court employee had set fire to the court room where all the records were kept to destroy the audit trail of his fraudulent actvties the court has now been slplit further . Earlier there were three courts now there are five and so the judges are giving closer dates and resolving cases faster.
So now my next hearing is in a week ie 10th August 2009.
This can happen only in India , the judicial system works like an *** , the more you flog it , the more thick skinned it becomes , so then you got to change tactics. Looked like that is what the court employee tried to you.
IMHO , looks like it is a blessing in disguise.
Old 6th August 2009, 12:32   #164
Distinguished - BHPian

@hellstar, nice to see your case moving fast. Mine is coming to a closure.

I had a court appearance on Aug 4th and took the copies of chargesheet and since i am going to plead guilty my next date is Aug 11th. I note yours is always on a monday and mine on tuesdays

On Aug 11th, i am going in for examination and according to my lawyer, the judge will ask me a few questions and my answer to all of them should be " yes" and they will levy a fine anywhere between Rs.500-Rs.2000 and my case will be CLOSED

So i am eagerly waiting for Aug 11th to put an end to this ordeal. Wish you luck in getting your case closed soon too.
Old 6th August 2009, 12:41   #165
BANNED

Best of luck to both you guys. These cases can be quite harrowing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks