Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2020, 11:29   #16
BHPian

Re: Cops misuse seized SUV, owner remotely switches off engine & locks cops inside the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
What sort of system will these be? Do we have any thread on such advanced remote monitoring systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Some high-end aftermarket car trackers offer this functionality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
Can someone please elaborate more on these high-end security device? Thanks in anticipation.
These car trackers are not necessarily high-end. Almost all aftermarket tracker have the remotely locking function except in their base models.

Even I had installed Autocop tracker in my Ford Aspire TDCi and IIRC, it costed me around 6k including subscription charges for 18 months. The renewal charges is approx 1800 for a year.

Apart from the regular functions like GPS tracking, A.C. on/off update, overspeed alert, geo-fencing, one can remotely 'Stop' the car. In this function we just need to send an SMS to the sim card on the car (device) and the car will not start after the ignition has been switched off. Though the car will continue to run as long as the ignition is 'On'. The engine will only start after the 'Start' SMS has been sent to the sim card on the car from our registered mobile number. Though I did not activate this function because it required cutting off the ignition wires but the function was available in the device.
auto_enthusiast is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2020, 21:28   #17
BHPian

Re: Cops misuse seized SUV, owner remotely switches off engine & locks cops inside the car

This is ultimate. Rohit Shetty would take this in to his next movie .. This is seriously a big lesson to all the public servant who loot public..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks