Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 22 6.92%
Axis Bank 9 2.83%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 10 3.14%
HDFC Bank 63 19.81%
ICICI Bank 145 45.60%
IDBI Bank 7 2.20%
IDFC Bank 41 12.89%
Induslnd bank 4 1.26%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 11 3.46%
State Bank of India 11 3.46%
Yes Bank 1 0.31%
Others (please specify in your post) 15 4.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2024, 18:30   #556
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomsurfer View Post
Sharing my recent experience in getting a new ICICI FasTag which is tied to the same customer id.
It was surprising that the helpline didn't offer me a firsthand information about issuing authority of Fastags being limited to very few specific branches.
I too had similar experience with ICICI Bank FasTag(single car, single tag and non account holder of the bank). Wanted to do full KYC, when asked in customer care via phone (I wasn't able to find email), I was told to reach nearby branch. They (Manyata Tech Park Branch) were unaware, but made some effort by calling other branch manager to find where I may be able to complete formalities, I was asked to go to Kalyan Nagar Branch, who would collect documents and send Mumbai HQ.
I was not able to go due to time constraints and later video KYC was introduced, solved my problem.

I feel there are some areas where they need to improve. Also, I had two deductions when not crossing toll, which was resolved after creating ticket in portal. This never happened with PayTM FasTag.
Old 15th July 2024, 11:25   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing my recent experience in getting a new ICICI FasTag which is tied to the same customer id.

Unfortunately, as discussed in the forum, applying for Fastag from ICICI bank's mobile application for account holders surprisingly creates a new customer id for each Fastag you purchase!

I reached out to their customer care requesting them to link/merge my customer ids under a single customer id in their backend systemsand the following was their response:

Attachment 2626525

Hence to buy a second tag under the same customer id, I reached out to ICICI bank's Fastag helpline. They suggested me to download the EToll by ICICI application on mobile and buy a new tag using the Add Tag option.

I use an iPhone, to my disappointment I wasn't able to login to the iOS application. The same has been confirmed by another member.

Frustrated, I reached out to their helpline again and they suggested the I visit a nearby ICICI bank branch or a counter near any toll plaza. I went to a nearby branch and they redirected me to ICICI Bank Bomanahalli branch on Hosur Road, Bangalore; citing that not all branches are authorized to issue Fastags. It was surprising that the helpline didn't offer me a firsthand information about issuing authority of Fastags being limited to very few specific branches.

After reaching the Bomanahalli branch, I was again redirected to their "B" building third floor. Finally, an employee with advanced ICICI Fastag application with admin access issued and handed me over a Fastag really fast (pun intended), and indeed it was tagged to the same customer id. Only the RC card was needed and the payment was made via UPI.

Exactly the same issue with me. I brought a new car and wanted to buy a new fastag. Spent almost a week and tried all options like whatsapp, etoll app, mobile app etc. I encountered one or the other errors on all its platforms and the customer care takes hours to connect. Finally brought a Indusind card from a sales person near a toll booth.
Old 15th July 2024, 11:52   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from Mobile, there is a web interface as well through which all things can be done. Since 2017, when fastags were introduced, I have been using their web interface to get a tag, raise issues etc. You can go to the URL https://www.icicibank.com/personal-b...id-card/fastag in case you need any needs in the future. To recharge, I used the UPI through the vpa <vehicle number>@icici as it is quite convenient and you can charge on the go.

Also through Imobile app same can be done.
autobahnjpr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 13:37   #559
BHPian

I picked up a VW Taigun last week, and was given a FasTag issued by IDBI/Park+ app. Found the overall experience a little frustrating. The tag was linked to the chassis number (which I trust is normal for new vehicles), but did not seem to work at one mall I tried (there was enough balance and I had completed the formalities on the Park+ app).

Though my RC has been generated (Digilocker), I am unable to search my FasTag through apps like GPay/PhonePe using the registration number (it is a BH plate).

Anyone has had similar experiences/know if this is normal and takes time to reflect?
Old 15th July 2024, 14:05   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
I picked up a VW Taigun last week, and was given a FasTag issued by IDBI/Park+ app. Found the overall experience a little frustrating. The tag was linked to the chassis number (which I trust is normal for new vehicles), but did not seem to work at one mall I tried (there was enough balance and I had completed the formalities on the Park+ app).

Though my RC has been generated (Digilocker), I am unable to search my FasTag through apps like GPay/PhonePe using the registration number (it is a BH plate).

Anyone has had similar experiences/know if this is normal and takes time to reflect?
If tag has chassis number then it can't be searched or recharged using vehicle RC number. Either you enter chassis number in place of rc number or get the number updated in the Tag by submitting RC card copy and kYC documents.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks