Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 22 6.59%
Axis Bank 9 2.69%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 10 2.99%
HDFC Bank 65 19.46%
ICICI Bank 154 46.11%
IDBI Bank 7 2.10%
IDFC Bank 44 13.17%
Induslnd bank 4 1.20%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 12 3.59%
State Bank of India 12 3.59%
Yes Bank 1 0.30%
Others (please specify in your post) 17 5.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2020, 16:33   #91
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Voted for ICICI.
I have been using ICICI fastag from Sept 2016. Never faced any issue wrt reading the tag / wrong billing etc. I am always using their portal for recharge.

Sold my previous vehicle last year October, and in the new one again got the ICICI fastag from dealer itself.
Old 2nd March 2020, 20:50   #92
Senior - BHPian

PayTM fastag is the best option in terms of convenience. Absolutely no seperate recharge headaches for the Fastag. Just have to maintain adequate cash in PayTM wallet and FasTag will use from the same PayTM money pool. The PayTM pool feeds the FasTag pool and ensures that Rs 150 balance is always maintained in the FasTag pool. No risk of the FasTag unintentionally running out of balance and getting blacklisted.

Even when you're not traveling, only Rs 150 is idle in the FasTag pool. The PayTM pool is still available for everyday use. Simply hassle free experience.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 2nd March 2020 at 20:53.
for_cars1 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2020, 19:59   #93
BHPian

I voted for ICICI bank, as my dad has an account in the bank.
However, the transaction messages arrived very late (after 5-6 hours of the transaction), so it was not easy to calculate the remaining balance in the FASTag.
Thus, I downloaded the ICICI bank's FASTag app to check balance in real time, but I have yet to check how useful it is. Anyone has any experience with the app?
Old 3rd March 2020, 20:22   #94
BHPian

I have been using icici tag since more than a year now and my experience has been 9/10 so far. I have raised two chargeback requests so far and both were done online without manual interaction. Only reason I have given 9 is because they haven't updated my car number inspite of multiple service requests and phone calls! It still displays my VIN because of which I cant use UPI recharge. Other than that I've had no problems with it.
Old 7th March 2020, 13:20   #95
BHPian

For me it has been paytm; simply because I do not have to expose my bank accounts to the Fastag payment system - don't know the details of its implementation and I'm not saying it is a weak system. Just that reduces the exposure potential.
Paytm provides payment via its wallet, which i load via credit card. So, it insulates me from any hanky panky.

That phrase reminds me of this classic thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...uld-i-buy.html (Which car should I buy?)
Old 7th March 2020, 14:15   #96
BHPian

Voted for Paytm FASTag.
Have been using this from 2018 and I am happy with it.

Here are my observations:
1. Went ahead with Paytm as suggested by one of my friends
2. Was easy to procure, install, recharge and check transactions
3. I already had a Paytm account, which made the process more easier
4. Saves me from the hustle of recharging FASTag account separately
5. My Paytm wallet is mostly loaded, so no need to worry on recharging part and also can use the left over balance for other things
6. Tag gets scanned in all tolls, and no issues till date
7. Amount deducted message, is received within 15 mins sometimes and sometimes takes around 30-40 mins

Note:
A few months back, was returning to Bangalore from my hometown, my car had passed through 5 tolls.
No issues with scanning and cleared all tolls easily.
But to my shock, the amount was deducted twice in 3 tolls and thrice in 2 tolls, realised this after reaching home.

So, went ahead and raised a complaint via Paytm help. Though I didn't get any reply from Paytm team, the additional amount deducted earlier was refunded within 48hrs.
Old 22nd March 2020, 21:03   #97
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I've bought a card each from Airtel and ICICI.

I haven't had the chance to use either so cannot comment on the usage experience yet.
I used my ICICI fastag on a Delhi-Jalandhar-Chadigarh-Delhi trip a couple of weeks ago. It worked flawlessly at all the 10-15 toll booths on the way.

The only thing to remember is to recharge it before the trip, since I am wary of linking anything to my bank account.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th March 2020 at 00:41.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 22:43   #98
BHPian

Quote:
I used my ICICI fastag on a Delhi-Jalandhar-Chadigarh-Delhi trip a couple of weeks ago. It worked flawlessly at all the 10-15 toll booths on the way.

The only thing to remember is to recharge it before the trip, since I am wary to link anything to my bank account.
Hi Eddy,
My Duster purchased in December, came with ICICI FASTag.
Haven't recharged it yet. Since car was in hometown.
(ICICIs is a new thing to me, I am using PAYTM FASTag in i10 and Kotack FASTag in Ertiga)

So, had few questions, related to ICICI FASTag:
1. How easy or difficult is it to recharge the ICICI FASTag?
2. How is the interface of ICICI portal?
3. Will the amount reflect properly, incase we recharge just before the trip? Or should we recharge 2-3 hours before?
4. What is the minimum balance amount to be kept?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd March 2020, 22:55   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi Eddy,
My Duster purchased in December, came with ICICI FASTag.
Haven't recharged it yet. Since car was in hometown.
(ICICIs is a new thing to me, I am using PAYTM FASTag in i10 and Kotack FASTag in Ertiga)

So, had few questions, related to ICICI FASTag:
3. Will the amount reflect properly, incase we recharge just before the trip? Or should we recharge 2-3 hours before?

Thanks in advance.
Very easy. Its just an online transaction

I could not find any issues. Yes, the UI could have been better, but once you get the hang of it, no problem.

Immediate credit. But I would advise you to have the online registration and user account creation done beforehand.
https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CU...n=fastag-cards

I think it is Rs 150, but I am not sure.

Last edited by Eddy : 22nd March 2020 at 23:28.
Eddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 23:03   #100
BHPian

Thanks for the real quick reply, Eddy.
Much helpful.

Quote:

Immediate credit. But I would advice you to have the online registration and user account creation done beforehand.
https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com/CU...n=fastag-cards
Ok, this was the main thing I was worried about.
Sure, as suggested will create an account first and keep it ready.

And thanks for the link as well.
Old 23rd March 2020, 00:28   #101
BHPian

I am using the IHMCL fastag bought off Amazon. Easy to activate through My FASTag app on your mobile. All necessary documents can be uploaded as photographs. You don't need to link it to your bank account. Payments can be made through a NHAI wallet via the app. The wallet can be recharged as per your needs.

I don't know about other tags, but the issue with this tag is that deduction messages on your mobile comes after a long time. Sometimes it comes in about 15 mins, sometimes it comes after a few days . But you can always check your wallet balance at any time. It is a slightly lengthy process though, which includes a brief wait for an OTP. Wish they had easier means to check the balance. So far, in about 6 months of use, I have not had any issues with wrong deductions and same day return charges are deducted correctly.

Request mods to add the IHMCL/NHAI fastag to the poll.

Last edited by SCORPION : 23rd March 2020 at 00:36. Reason: Added the request to mods.
SCORPION is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2020, 09:27   #102
Senior - BHPian

Got my HDFC fast tag that came with my Crysta by just calling the HDFC fast tag help line. Was an easy process, even though the bank guys selling fast tag at the branch kept insisting that there is no way to use that and buying a new one was the only way out .
Old 14th April 2020, 15:19   #103
BHPian

I have been using HDFC fastag since 2018.
Once the initial setup and the user gets a hang of the website, it is easy to manage.

The main down side is their customer care via email and phone.
Their twitter handle / social media pages seem to be actively monitored. (My issue was resolved within 24 hrs when I posted on twitter)
Old 14th April 2020, 16:52   #104
BHPian

The new ride came with SBI FASTag included (at a cost of ₹600). Logging in to the portal to charge is a breeze, balance transfer is available and no issues using the same till now... touch wood!

Since this is standalone and not connected to any wallet or bank account(Mobile no. as login), the hassle of keeping minimum balance and top is required which locks in some money. However no risk due to direct bank account or wallet connection!
Old 14th April 2020, 17:04   #105
BHPian

I've been using the Paytm one on my Vento and it's going on without any problems.
But, on my i20, an HDFC one was provided to me by the dealer itself. Even though there isn't an issue as such with HDFC, it is just that there is no app with which recharges can be managed and can only be managed on the website. They should really release an app for the same. . Functionality wise, it's going well!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks