Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 24 6.94%
Axis Bank 9 2.60%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 10 2.89%
HDFC Bank 69 19.94%
ICICI Bank 158 45.66%
IDBI Bank 7 2.02%
IDFC Bank 45 13.01%
Induslnd bank 4 1.16%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 13 3.76%
State Bank of India 12 3.47%
Yes Bank 1 0.29%
Others (please specify in your post) 17 4.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 346. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2024, 18:30   #556
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomsurfer View Post
Sharing my recent experience in getting a new ICICI FasTag which is tied to the same customer id.
It was surprising that the helpline didn't offer me a firsthand information about issuing authority of Fastags being limited to very few specific branches.
I too had similar experience with ICICI Bank FasTag(single car, single tag and non account holder of the bank). Wanted to do full KYC, when asked in customer care via phone (I wasn't able to find email), I was told to reach nearby branch. They (Manyata Tech Park Branch) were unaware, but made some effort by calling other branch manager to find where I may be able to complete formalities, I was asked to go to Kalyan Nagar Branch, who would collect documents and send Mumbai HQ.
I was not able to go due to time constraints and later video KYC was introduced, solved my problem.

I feel there are some areas where they need to improve. Also, I had two deductions when not crossing toll, which was resolved after creating ticket in portal. This never happened with PayTM FasTag.
Old 15th July 2024, 11:25   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Sharing my recent experience in getting a new ICICI FasTag which is tied to the same customer id.
Frustrated, I reached out to their helpline again and they suggested the I visit a nearby ICICI bank branch or a counter near any toll plaza. I went to a nearby branch and they redirected me to ICICI Bank Bomanahalli branch on Hosur Road, Bangalore; citing that not all branches are authorized to issue Fastags. It was surprising that the helpline didn't offer me a firsthand information about issuing authority of Fastags being limited to very few specific branches.

After reaching the Bomanahalli branch, I was again redirected to their "B" building third floor. Finally, an employee with advanced ICICI Fastag application with admin access issued and handed me over a Fastag really fast (pun intended), and indeed it was tagged to the same customer id. Only the RC card was needed and the payment was made via UPI.
Exactly the same issue with me. I brought a new car and wanted to buy a new fastag. Spent almost a week and tried all options like whatsapp, etoll app, mobile app etc. I encountered one or the other errors on all its platforms and the customer care takes hours to connect. Finally brought a Indusind card from a sales person near a toll booth.

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th August 2024 at 16:06. Reason: Trimming the quoted post to the relevant portions for better readability. Thanks!
Old 15th July 2024, 11:52   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Apart from Mobile, there is a web interface as well through which all things can be done. Since 2017, when fastags were introduced, I have been using their web interface to get a tag, raise issues etc. You can go to the URL https://www.icicibank.com/personal-b...id-card/fastag in case you need any needs in the future. To recharge, I used the UPI through the vpa <vehicle number>@icici as it is quite convenient and you can charge on the go.

Also through Imobile app same can be done.
autobahnjpr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2024, 13:37   #559
BHPian

I picked up a VW Taigun last week, and was given a FasTag issued by IDBI/Park+ app. Found the overall experience a little frustrating. The tag was linked to the chassis number (which I trust is normal for new vehicles), but did not seem to work at one mall I tried (there was enough balance and I had completed the formalities on the Park+ app).

Though my RC has been generated (Digilocker), I am unable to search my FasTag through apps like GPay/PhonePe using the registration number (it is a BH plate).

Anyone has had similar experiences/know if this is normal and takes time to reflect?
Old 15th July 2024, 14:05   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
I picked up a VW Taigun last week, and was given a FasTag issued by IDBI/Park+ app. Found the overall experience a little frustrating. The tag was linked to the chassis number (which I trust is normal for new vehicles), but did not seem to work at one mall I tried (there was enough balance and I had completed the formalities on the Park+ app).

Though my RC has been generated (Digilocker), I am unable to search my FasTag through apps like GPay/PhonePe using the registration number (it is a BH plate).

Anyone has had similar experiences/know if this is normal and takes time to reflect?
If tag has chassis number then it can't be searched or recharged using vehicle RC number. Either you enter chassis number in place of rc number or get the number updated in the Tag by submitting RC card copy and kYC documents.
Old 16th July 2024, 07:20   #561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering_soul View Post
I am having a harrowing time with Airtel payments Bank. Now that the 1 car 1 fastag is in effect, below is how the story unfolded and still unfolding. I have an Axis tag since I bought my car,
This has been going on from 24th May, still left open with no resolution in sight and Airtel have nothing but been horrible, all the while having the audacity to demand payment to close the tag and asking me to talk to some random person and sort out my issues by myself which has been their doing.
I have filed a complaint with ombudsman, please help guide if there is any other recourse available . I am fed up of running behind Airtel now and they clearly don't care.
I had a similar experience with HDFC. They had issued a tag against my vehicle to someone and the tag had a negative balance. I had to go to hell and back to get them to deactivate it.

TIP: Involve NHAI and police for the fraudulent issue of the tag.

Last edited by KarthikK : 29th August 2024 at 16:07. Reason: Trimming the quoted post to the relevant portion for better readability. Thanks!
Athani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2024, 08:48   #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
I had a similar experience with HDFC. They had issued a tag against my vehicle to someone and the tag had a negative balance. I had to go to hell and back to get them to deactivate it.

TIP: Involve NHAI and police for the fraudulent issue of the tag.
I did involve RBI ombudsman and got the tag closed, took one full month. I am demanding reimbursement of the penalties I paid due to them, it's been silence from last 2 weeks. I have reopened the ticket with Ombudsman and this time I am demanding compensation. I will update here on the outcome.
wandering_soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2024, 14:36   #563
BHPian

I vote for Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag, primarily because it seamlessly integrates Amazon Pay wallet for toll charges. There is no need to load a separate wallet for Fastag and remember to do it every time I travel on toll roads. Besides, I always have some money left in Amazon Pay wallet as it can be used across (almost) all sections of the Amazon platform. This is the next best thing after PayTM Fastag to me.
Old 23rd July 2024, 18:27   #564

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering_soul View Post
I did involve RBI ombudsman and got the tag closed, took one full month. I am demanding reimbursement of the penalties I paid due to them, it's been silence from last 2 weeks. I have reopened the ticket with Ombudsman and this time I am demanding compensation. I will update here on the outcome.
Just to give an update on this , I was asked to share the cancelled cheque to reimburse the penalty charges which I did. Ombudsman complaint was closed as it was not 30 days from reporting the issue. Later I got a call asking to activate their airtel wallet and they refused to refund to any other source. I have refused to activate anything and asked for the refund to be credited to my bank account. Since then it was silence again.

This time I reopened the Ombudsman ticket and asked for additional compensation for harassment. Finally one full month after sharing the bank details I got my refund in the bank account and an email from their nodal officer asking for consent to close the complaint. However this time I have refused to close the ticket and I have mentioned that given what they have done so far, the compensation is not fair.

These people need to be brought to place, I don't understand how they are acting as they wish without fear of any law. As I mentioned earlier there is absolutely no authority for fastag for these type of issues and the provider is free to fleece the customer without any care.

I will update on how the story unfolds further given that now there is some authority involved who can penalise this type of business practices.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th August 2024 at 00:02. Reason: typos
wandering_soul is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2024, 23:38   #565
BHPian

Nandi Toyota (Bangalore) issued IDFC Bank FASTag with their new vehicles.

Was activated (and used on the same day) when the vehicle was delivered and was able to top-up using Amazon Pay wallet. Did multiple top-ups and faced no issues during top-up and the top-up was always instantaneous, unlike AXIS Bank issued FASTag where I faced some delays. No detection issue at any of the toll plazas that I had passed through.

Able to see all transactions online without having to download an app.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th August 2024 at 00:01. Reason: typos
Old 26th July 2024, 23:54   #566
BHPian

I have used Paytm, Airtel, HDFC, ICICI and IDFC fastags soo far Paytm was the best until we were forced to close the Paytm.

Replaced Paytm with HDFC but my windshield got damaged so got an IDFC fastag from a vendor near toll. It never scanned automatically once, every single time they had to scan it manually or enter the vehicle number in the system. Cancelled the IDFC tag and now ICICI tag. Soo far so good.

My dad has been using Airtel fastag for a few years now and works like a charm.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th August 2024 at 00:00. Reason: Typos and formatting.
Old 27th July 2024, 00:29   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k491 View Post
Cancelled the IDFC tag and now ICICI tag. Soo far so good..
Right from day 1, I have used ICICI Fastag as I am a long standing customer of ICICI and it was easy work with their app.
Never had any complaints or issues. Seamless operation and great support too.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th August 2024 at 00:00. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 11th August 2024, 17:12   #568
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevving View Post
I tried again and again to recharge the tag from Airtel Payments Bank and it bounced every single time. Tired of speaking to customer service at 400 and waiting, I decided I will try something else. This hack may come in handy if you are struggling with Airtel Fastag.

I initiated the tag recharge by selecting "pay bill" (strange option for prepaid, I know) and it initiated a 10/- transaction. Remember this used to always fail with Payments bank so this time I tried PhonePe and 10/- got credited successfully. Another 140/- got debited from Payments Bank immediately and 150/- was credited to the tag, activating it instantly.

Brother,

I am stuck in the same boat and i am at my wits end trying to solve this needless issue. Honestly the entire scam boat called Airtel should sink without a trace

I tried all the options you have listed, but the error i keep getting is the biller is inactive. Please contact your bank. Secondly, the tag is hotlisted/blacklisted because of insufficient funds. But it does not let me park funds in it. Such a paradox.

The tag is in the prior owner's name and now I am stuck with the inability to get another tag as the registration number is tied to this one.

What do I do?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd August 2024 at 23:59. Reason: Typos and punctuation.
Old 23rd August 2024, 14:39   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250Nm View Post
I vote for Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag, primarily because it seamlessly integrates Amazon Pay wallet for toll charges. There is no need to load a separate wallet for Fastag and remember to do it every time I travel on toll roads. Besides, I always have some money left in Amazon Pay wallet as it can be used across (almost) all sections of the Amazon platform. This is the next best thing after PayTM Fastag to me.
I’m having issues with icici obtaining a replacement tag. Considering Amazon. Do you know if we can use the same wallet balance for multiple tags, a la Paytm? That will be very convenient.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd August 2024 at 23:58. Reason: typos
Old 24th August 2024, 22:23   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
Do you know if we can use the same wallet balance for multiple tags, a la Paytm? That will be very convenient.

Sadly, this is not possible at the moment - https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/custom...A8DHYJRUSX74K9

Quote:
17. Can I purchase more than one Amazon Pay ICICI Bank FASTag and link it to one single Amazon Pay Wallet account?

At the moment, Amazon Pay does not allow this feature. You can only purchase one FASTag per Amazon Pay Wallet account.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks