Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 21 6.91%
Axis Bank 8 2.63%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 9 2.96%
HDFC Bank 58 19.08%
ICICI Bank 142 46.71%
IDBI Bank 7 2.30%
IDFC Bank 39 12.83%
Induslnd bank 4 1.32%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 11 3.62%
State Bank of India 11 3.62%
Yes Bank 1 0.33%
Others (please specify in your post) 14 4.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2024, 13:56   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumazure View Post

Now, I am wondering if, with the submitted info, the system would have created an under-progress application that would prevent me from applying again. Trying to call the support isn't working at all.
Check with your vehicle registration number for fastag status. Most providers create a tag almost instantaneously and it can be checked in real time at this NETC Link: https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/n...-fastag-status

After PayTM closure, I went with HDFC (2 tags). Overall good experience.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 14:00   #497
BHPian

Quote:
...I tried applying online for ICICI Fastag.....

ICICI also seems to have some transaction fee for each recharge made for Fastag. At one place, it says nil fee ( https://www.icicibank.com/personal-b...faqaccordion-4 ), and another place says 0.25% of transaction amount for UPI ( https://www.icicibank.com/personal-b...nience-charges )...
If you are use amazon pay, you could take the amazon pay fastag. I overlooked it this option. Would have been convenient to me since I use amazon pay as well.

There are transaction fees for recharge done via the ICICI fastag apps/portal. In addition, the minimum recharge amount is Rs 500.

However, direct UPI transfer to the tag account is possible and has no additional fees and no minimum limits.
whitewing is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2024, 14:30   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Check with your vehicle registration number for fastag status. Most providers create a tag almost instantaneously and it can be checked in real time at this NETC Link: https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/n...-fastag-status
Checked using the above link. The old tags are all closed and inactive. The ICICI one isn't showing in that list so probably didn't go through on submitting and just encountered some system error.

Thanks for sharing the link.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th April 2024 at 19:30. Reason: Typos.
sumazure is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 07:28   #499
BHPian

I made a mistake and pasted the fastag from another car on my car ( the other car is my mother's ).
Now I am wondering if I can leave it as it is as I will recharge them both anyways, would i face any issues if I do so?
Old 11th April 2024, 09:31   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by innervoice View Post
I initiated the surrender and it got rejected after a week with the reason SEC_Deposit not paid whereas for small cars there is no security deposit. Banks do not have any information on how to deal with this scenario. I am unable to take a new tag from other bank because my vehicle number shows as Hotlisted. Emails and calls to SBI customer care if futile and frustrating.
You could try escalating to the NETC helpline in this regard, or to the bank's grievance redressal officer.
Old 11th April 2024, 10:25   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I made a mistake and pasted the fastag from another car on my car ( the other car is my mother's ).
Now I am wondering if I can leave it as it is as I will recharge them both anyways, would i face any issues if I do so?
The Fast Tag is tied to the Car Registration Number. In places like Mumbai toll nakas - esp Dahisar one, they check the car registration number on the reader before they allow you to proceed.

I would suggest check with the Fast tag provider if they can swap or any other alternative.
denzdm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2024, 10:37   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
If you are use amazon pay, you could take the amazon pay fastag. I overlooked it this option. Would have been convenient to me since I use amazon pay as well.

There are transaction fees for recharge done via the ICICI fastag apps/portal. In addition, the minimum recharge amount is Rs 500.

However, direct UPI transfer to the tag account is possible and has no additional fees and no minimum limits.
This feature was launched a week after bought it on the Amazon site. I do not see the option to pay from the Amazon pay balance. I missed out. Makes sense for them to extend it all.
Old 11th April 2024, 14:04   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
This feature was launched a week after bought it on the Amazon site. I do not see the option to pay from the Amazon pay balance. I missed out. Makes sense for them to extend it all.
Currently very limited though, you can take only one Fastag which is linked to Amazon Pay so defeats the purpose which is having a common wallet with multiple tags
Old 12th April 2024, 01:05   #504

Quote:
Checked using the above link. The old tags are all closed and inactive. The ICICI one isn't showing in that list so probably didn't go through on submitting and just encountered some system error.

Thanks for sharing the link.
I tried applying for IDFC Fastag after the issue faced with ICICI Fastag request. But even that gave an error with a message that car is flagged with VAHAN. Tried with Axis and it says that my car is blacklisted with bank.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-img_20240412_002726069.jpg

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot_20240412004757674.png

The tag status in the NPCI site shows that all tags are inactive. I purchased the car 2nd hand in 2020 and had the PayTM fastag. The 2017 tags are probably what previous owner may have been using. PayTM one shows as closed. But out of 2 tags from previous owner one says to recharge since it has been hotlisted or has negative balance.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot_20240412002934647.png

Since I bought this from a 2nd hand car dealer, I can't reach out to previous owner to close the tag and get it removed from the hotlist/blacklist. Will try calling SBI customer care and see if they can close the previous tag based on new RC and ownership details if I'm able to get through the IVRS.

Any ideas what best can be done?
Old 12th April 2024, 05:34   #505
BHPian

Quote:
I had a similar problem but this was back in 2021. As the old owners tag was attached to my car I could not get a new tag. I even called up the bank of the old owner and the answer i got was that the old owner should cancel the tag - they cannot do anything.

The only way i could get past is to get a tag from a booth outside the toll gates who knew the system enough to bypass the checks. I would suggest you do the same and see. Once i got the new tag, everything else got inactive and now my tag is the only one active.
deep_bang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 07:04   #506
BHPian

Quote:
But out of 2 tags from previous owner one says to recharge since it has been hotlisted or has negative balance.

Since I bought this from a 2nd hand car dealer, I can't reach out to previous owner to close the tag and get it removed from the hotlist/blacklist.

In phonepe app, goto fastag recharge and select SBI as the issuing bank and enter the car number, it will show the current balance of this fastag. If the amount of negative balance is small, just recharge it to remove the blacklist. This may be easier than running around dealer and previous owner.
Everlearner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2024, 08:07   #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post

The only way i could get past is to get a tag from a booth outside the toll gates who knew the system enough to bypass the checks. I would suggest you do the same and see. Once i got the new tag, everything else got inactive and now my tag is the only one active.
Are there options of choosing the bank provider at the toll booths? I'll try this out.
Old 12th April 2024, 10:51   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Are there options of choosing the bank provider at the toll booths? I'll try this out.
They usually have multiple kiosks or tents where each provider has their own set of people to get the process done. So going to a larger toll gate may be better than a small one to ensure to have multiple options.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2024, 11:55   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
They usually have multiple kiosks or tents where each provider has their own set of people to get the process done. So going to a larger toll gate may be better than a small one to ensure to have multiple options.
When you got the new fastag, was it instantly activated? Also how long did it take the booth fastag guys to complete the process?
Old 13th April 2024, 12:34   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Usually, there will be 2 to 3 bank rep will be present; I saw agents from ICICI, Airtel, and HDFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
When you got the new fastag, was it instantly activated? Also how long did it take the booth fastag guys to complete the process?
It will take 10 minutes for process, and it will be activated within another 5 minutes. I bought Airtel, and it was activated within 5 minutes.
raptor_diwan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks