Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 22 6.59%
Axis Bank 9 2.69%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 10 2.99%
HDFC Bank 65 19.46%
ICICI Bank 154 46.11%
IDBI Bank 7 2.10%
IDFC Bank 44 13.17%
Induslnd bank 4 1.20%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 12 3.59%
State Bank of India 12 3.59%
Yes Bank 1 0.30%
Others (please specify in your post) 17 5.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 334. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2024, 14:29   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
I have been searching for a similar solution to replace my paytm fastags. Multiple cars need a common wallet and this should be obvious.

I just installed payzapp and parkplus. Even checked out amazon pay. I am typically anti ICICI bank as I have had multiple bad experiences with that bank. Therefore, staying away from that entity.

It seems Airtel fastag is the one to go.

I am wondering why couldn't any of these banks not step up and create a duplicate Paytm experience?
Airtel could have been there, but some infra & flexibility is lacking from their end. I created an Airtel wallet but until I have an Airtel UPI, I cannot use UPI to top up that wallet. Sure, debit/ credit card option is there but speed and convenience demands UPI top ups. My airtel number has no banks linked with it and I want to keep it clean that way- so had to drop the plan. Plus they have some terms and conditions about account opening charges for Airtel payment bank and annual & non-usage charges. So many conditions that I thought I am better off getting the replacement HDFC tag that PayTM is offering. Ordered the same today morning to close the fiasco at my end.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 14:37   #452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Airtel could have been there, but some infra & flexibility is lacking from their end. I created an Airtel wallet but until I have an Airtel UPI, I cannot use UPI to top up that wallet. Sure, debit/ credit card option is there but speed and convenience demands UPI top ups.
I have an Airtel wallet, but I did not opt for Airtel UPI. Nonetheless, I am still able to add fund to airtel money using UPI on platforms like Google Pay, Paytm, etc. It appears that there are no restrictions as you mentioned. I can also add fund using Rupay Credit card via Paytm or Gpay without any additional charge.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-whatsapp-image-20240314-2.34.36-pm.jpeg

Last edited by raptor_diwan : 14th March 2024 at 14:38. Reason: Spelling
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 15:02   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
I have an Airtel wallet, but I did not opt for Airtel UPI. Nonetheless, I am still able to add fund to airtel money using UPI on platforms like Google Pay, Paytm, etc. It appears that there are no restrictions as you mentioned. I can also add fund using Rupay Credit card via Paytm or Gpay without any additional charge.

Attachment 2582736
How do you add money in wallet through other apps through upi? UPI Handle? I get this screen while trying to top up the wallet:
Attached Thumbnails
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-img_0631.png  

saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 15:44   #454
BHPian

Quote:
How do you add money in wallet through other apps through upi? UPI Handle? I get this screen while trying to top up the wallet:
Not sure why those options aren't showing for you. Have you completed the KYC process, or is it a non-KYC account? Additionally, UPI is visible at the top for me, which includes all other app names such as Gpay and Paytm.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-whatsapp-image-20240314-3.41.49-pm.jpeg
Old 14th March 2024, 15:50   #455
BHPian

Quote:
It's funny, my Airtel app doesn't show option of recharge via credit card. Only debit card.

Meanwhile, try installing Gpay or Phonepe, perhaps it will start showing up. If those apps are already installed, then airtel app is faulty.
fazalmirza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 16:12   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure why those options aren't showing for you. Have you completed the KYC process, or is it a non-KYC account? Additionally, UPI is visible at the top for me, which includes all other app names such as Gpay and Paytm.

Attachment 2582752

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
It's funny, my Airtel app doesn't show option of recharge via credit card. Only debit card.

Meanwhile, try installing Gpay or Phonepe, perhaps it will start showing up. If those apps are already installed, then airtel app is faulty.
Ok, may be this is because I don't have this number tied up with any UPI service. But you aren't getting Credit card option- the app is simply not as userfriendly to use as PayTM. To activate the wallet, it took me quite some time to navigate to the option. Not straight forward. I think I will give airtel fastag a miss.

Thanks!
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 16:20   #457
BHPian

Quote:
the app is simply not as userfriendly to use as PayTM. To activate the wallet, it took me quite some time to navigate to the option. Not straight forward. I think I will give airtel fastag a miss.

Thanks!
It's true that the Airtel app doesn't compare well to the usability of Paytm. Perhaps in the future, it will improve. But so far its good for me. The only reason I chose Airtel is to consolidate adding money into a single wallet instead of recharging each tag manually. Not to mention their customer care is also cumbersome.
raptor_diwan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2024, 12:24   #458
BHPian

Ordered a HDFC tag online on their web portal yesterday. Ordering experience was very smooth and even the walet was created immediately with the fastag number issued and linked. Tag will be dispatched in 2 working days it said.
I was also able to access and test recharge the walet using UPI on their cards web portal.
I don't have a HDFC account.
It was a PAN based validation and no RC image upload was asked.
Issues -
1. i did not get my application form pdf on email as it was told during registration. There is a link in one of the email they sent me which is asking for a password. I have no clue what the password is. Tried all my Guesses but no use.basically I don't know my application number.
2 Their application/dispatch tracker is not recognising my request until now.
3. Not sure where to upload the RC card photo.
4. Tried to login to ICMA to complete the KYC formality? but it is not recognising my mobile number yet and redirecting to contact issuing bank.

Update - Called their helpdesk and I was told tag will reach me by 7 working days. They had no clue on my password question.

Last edited by HummerH : 17th March 2024 at 12:27. Reason: Added information
Old 17th March 2024, 12:34   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
Ordered a HDFC tag online on their web portal
Update - Called their helpdesk and I was told tag will reach me by 7 working days. They had no clue on my password question.

Try this: (click on the login tab)
https://fastag.hdfcbank.com/CustomerPortal/

Here once you enter via otp it asks the password setup. Which can be used for further login. Atleast thats what i did.

Edit: Oops sorry read your query again, no clue about documentation password. Even i did not upload any rc which i felt was strange but my account is also active

Last edited by SideView : 17th March 2024 at 12:38.
Old 18th March 2024, 14:02   #460
BHPian

So, anybody knows how to activate the Airtel Fastag? My Fastag got delivered & I affixed it onto the car also. I have an Airtel Payments Bank account & it has over 1k in balance. But the NHAI's Fastag checking website shows that Airtel has low balance.

There is no way on Airtel's app to activate it also.
Old 18th March 2024, 14:22   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
So, anybody knows how to activate the Airtel Fastag? My Fastag got delivered & I affixed it onto the car also. I have an Airtel Payments Bank account & it has over 1k in balance. But the NHAI's Fastag checking website shows that Airtel has low balance.

There is no way on Airtel's app to activate it also.
Inside the app, click on NETC under payment bank. Under the Vehicle No., it will show Active or Pending. If it shows active, then it's fine.

Name:  airtel.png
Views: 244
Size:  56.5 KB

Name:  airtel2.png
Views: 258
Size:  56.5 KB
Old 19th March 2024, 19:45   #462
BHPian

I had closed down my PayTM FASTag recently and moved to IDFC. Had driven from Mysore to Bangalore and it worked flawlessly.

However this morning I was shocked to see that Rs.50 was deducted at Vanagaram Toll Plaza!

I am very much in Bangalore and the car is safely parked in the basement! I have raised the dispute with IDFC and it is still under process!

Quick googling says Vanagaram toll plaza is in Chennai!

Waiting for the IDFC team to resolve this and reverse the transaction.

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-img_2867.jpg
Old 20th March 2024, 14:43   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Inside the app, click on NETC under payment bank. Under the Vehicle No., it will show Active or Pending. If it shows active, then it's fine.
Thanks for responding with screenshots above. However, it has been a frustrating experience with Airtel now. The tag was delivered to home & I got it installed on the car as well. There's ₹ 1000+ balance in the account. However, the tag is still shown as inactive. When I click on the Activate button, it says I need to add money. The account already as ₹ 1000/- in it & even after adding more money, it doesn't activate.

I have tried contacting Airtel Payments Bank account customer care via email & the only thing they send are canned messages such as 'Thank you for contacting...' etc. Their customer care phone number is a cruel joke, no way to actually talk to a human.

I have now contacted their Principal Nodal Office to get my Fastag activated. If this doesn't work, I will contact RBI Ombudsman.

This has been a very frustrating experience with Airtel. In my 6 years on Paytm, I never had to call/contact customer care for anything related to Fastag. What a shame that we lost Paytm Faastag.

Avoid Airtel Payments Bank Fastag!

[ATTACH=Screenshot 20240320 at 1.50.048239PM.png]Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-whatsapp-image-20240318-10.17.57-pm-1.jpeg[/ATTACH]Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-whatsapp-image-20240318-10.20.43-pm.png
Attached Thumbnails
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot-20240320-1.50.048239pm.png  

Desi Dybuk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2024, 15:50   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desi Dybuk View Post
I have tried contacting Airtel Payments Bank account customer care via email & the only thing they send are canned messages such as 'Thank you for contacting...' etc. Their customer care phone number is a cruel joke, no way to actually talk to a human.
That is so frustrating, man! Airtel seems to be hit or miss; if everything is working, then it works well. But if something goes wrong, customer care is a joke. You could try sending an email to 121@airtel and wecare@airtel as well and see if that helps. I did one time and got response within 2 hours on 121.

I was already aware that the customer care isn't good, which is why I bought it directly from an Airtel agent. One more question your Airtel wallet is KYC completed right?
Old 20th March 2024, 18:04   #465
BHPian

Quote:
I was already aware that the customer care isn't good, which is why I bought it directly from an Airtel agent. One more question your Airtel wallet is KYC completed right?
Yes it is KYC compliant as I opened an Airtel Payments Bank via biometric authentication. So, KYC isn't an issue. Also, the only way to reach Airtel Payments Bank customer care is via email as the phone numbers don't have an option to talk to a live agent. And the customer care reps don't seem to read the email & just copy-paste standard template replies & close the tickets mysteriously. I do not think their bank is staffed by any actual human but is being managed by some automated AI.

It has been an absolute disaster dealing with Airtel Bank & I don't hate my enemies that much to wish it upon them.
Desi Dybuk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks