Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 22 6.43%
Axis Bank 9 2.63%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 10 2.92%
HDFC Bank 68 19.88%
ICICI Bank 157 45.91%
IDBI Bank 7 2.05%
IDFC Bank 45 13.16%
Induslnd bank 4 1.17%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 13 3.80%
State Bank of India 12 3.51%
Yes Bank 1 0.29%
Others (please specify in your post) 17 4.97%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 342. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2024, 19:16   #421
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
It will not deduct the toll amount directly from your savings account, but from the fastag wallet.
ICICI tag does NOT deduct directly from the wallet. Experienced this first hand today while using the ICICI fastag for the first time.

The new tag had a balance of INR 200 and I had recharged the wallet attached to the same fastag with an amount of INR 4000. The first toll was INR 240. The tag worked - deducted INR 200 from tag balance and INR 40 from the wallet. So I thought, great, the wallet automatically gets deducted. However, at the second Toll booth, the tag didn't work. The Toll operator said that the tag has low balance. The tag didn't automatically deduct from the wallet. Maybe for the wallet to deduct automatically, the tag has to have some balance. I don't know.. But basically, the wallet doesn't work as it used to with PayTM fastag.

But wait.. there's more. While at the second Toll booth, I fired up the ICICI eToll app right in front of the Toll operator and recharged the tag balance using the wallet balance. The entire process took less than 30 seconds. Simple, right?.. NO. It takes freaking 2 hours for the tag to update the balance even if you recharge using the wallet. So ended up paying cash amid a barrage of horns behind me. ICICI fastag - piece of crap..

Going to get Airtel Payments Bank account opened tomorrow by visiting their store. Will close all 4 ICICI fastags as soon as the Airtel thing is sorted.

Last edited by Immix : 2nd March 2024 at 19:34.
Immix is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 19:57   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
ICICI tag does NOT deduct directly from the wallet. Experienced this first hand today while using the ICICI fastag for the first time.

The new tag had a balance of INR 200 and I had recharged the wallet attached to the same fastag with an amount of INR 4000. The first toll was INR 240. The tag worked - deducted INR 200 from tag balance and INR 40 from the wallet. So I thought, great, the wallet automatically gets deducted. However, at the second Toll booth, the tag didn't work. The Toll operator said that the tag has low balance. The tag didn't automatically deduct from the wallet. Maybe for the wallet to deduct automatically, the tag has to have some balance. I don't know.. But basically, the wallet doesn't work as it used to with PayTM fastag.
As per help section on ICICI iMobile pay app: Wallet recharge option is used to recharge only when you have multiple vehicles under a single customer ID and you wish to allocate different amounts in each vehicle tag.

Try using the “Vehicle recharge” option and it should work.

Attaching snip for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-img_5544.png  

AbhishekNigam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 19:58   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Does ICICI fastag require me to individually charge the fastag or does it deduct the balance from the savings account?
Quote:
Originally Posted by robincsamuel View Post
It will not deduct the toll amount directly from your savings account, but from the fastag wallet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immix View Post
ICICI tag does NOT deduct directly from the wallet.

The tag didn't automatically deduct from the wallet. Maybe for the wallet to deduct automatically, the tag has to have some balance. I don't know..
You’re right. It won’t deduct from the “wallet” automatically. Thanks for correcting; I didn’t know the tag balance and wallet balance are different.

However, I was referring to the tag balance in my post, assuming both are same. The ICICI Bank Fastag webpage FAQ confirms it won’t automatically use the wallet balance.

Quote:
Can the amount in the FASTag CUG wallet directly be used for toll payments?

No, the amount in the CUG wallet cannot be used directly for toll payments. The amount has to be transferred to the FASTag account, before using it for the payment of toll
But, as I said in the original post, it won’t deduct from the savings account but we can still setup auto recharge for a “tag”. And if you’ve only one vehicle, like me, you don’t have to use the wallet; the tag balance will just work like a wallet.
robincsamuel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 12:06   #424
BHPian

Had to order a Fastag replacement from ICICI since my windshield was getting replaced after a crack. Put in a request to ICICI via the portal and the replacement was issued immediately and delivered to my residence within 4 days.
Old 4th March 2024, 12:44   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there a way to check if my Fastag is deactivated due to missing KYC? I currently use Paytm fastag and I prefer to wait and watch as I hope that Paytm will do something to get its fastag business back on track.
Old 4th March 2024, 12:56   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Is there a way to check if my Fastag is deactivated due to missing KYC?
You can check the status on this website- https://www.npci.org.in/what-we-do/n...-fastag-status

Who is your preferred FASTag provider?-screenshot-3.png
This is of one of my sold car's Fastag status. The HDFC bank one were issued to me whereas the IndusInd bank Fastag was bought by the second owner. Have initiated the closure for my HDFC Fastag recently and hope it happens soon.

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 4th March 2024 at 12:57.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2024, 12:56   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Is there a way to check if my Fastag is deactivated due to missing KYC? I currently use Paytm fastag and I prefer to wait and watch as I hope that Paytm will do something to get its fastag business back on track.

You can check the status using this NPCI Link. It shows details such as closed/low balance etc.
Old 4th March 2024, 12:58   #428
BHPian

Quote:
To check if it's deactivated due to KYC, you can verify the status on Paytm itself. Fasttag won't be fully deactivated; it'll only be suspended until you complete KYC. Just open the app, go to the Fasttag option, and check if the tag is listed as active, suspended, or closed. You'll find all the details there.
Old 4th March 2024, 13:14   #429
BHPian

I've cancelled my paytm fastag on Feb 28th and ordered a new one through Kotak. Kotak because I maintain an account with them. New fastag was received within 3 days!

Ordered through NETC website which reroutes to Kotak page as mentioned below. Just need to follow some simple steps.

https://fastag.kotak.com/SR/#/?Source=NPCI

Tag cost : Rs. 100
Security Deposit: Rs 100
Tag balance: Rs. 100.
Total Cost: Rs.300

Recharge is easy via mobile app.

Paytm fastag is still under " closure initiated status" though.
Old 5th March 2024, 07:59   #430
BHPian

After much deliberation, I finally decided to order Airtel Fastags for my cars. It appears to be the only option that offers the same functionality as Paytm. Additionally, all Fastag balances can be deducted from either the Airtel wallet or Airtel Payment Bank. Despite Airtel's notorious reputation for poor customer service, I felt compelled to proceed due to limited alternatives.
Initially, I considered ICICI Fastags, given their popularity. However, it seemed that each Fastag required separate recharging, which was inconvenient. When I attempted to set up an ICICI Pockets account, it turned into a nightmare. The process demanded biometric KYC for full functionality, handled by Ecom Express on behalf of ICICI.
Despite scheduling appointments for KYC twice, the process was never completed. Each time, they would either reschedule or cancel the appointment altogether. After a week of waiting in frustration, I decided to give up and requested closure of the Pocket account.
bravo82in is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th March 2024, 23:23   #431
BHPian

How is the Park+ Fast Tag? Any users here?
Old 8th March 2024, 09:54   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Certainly! When switching banks for your Fastag, it's essential to provide your vehicle's Registration Certificate (RC). I had to do this each time I switched my Fastag provider(Paytm, Axis, HDFC). While I haven't personally experienced the process with ICICI, since you're an existing customer, with updated KYC, the requirement of uploading the RC might have been skipped. To resolve this, I recommend reaching out to customer care for assistance in uploading the RC document.
I could not find the section in the website. And I am not able to connect to customer care as 2 numbers mentioned in their website always busy. Recently I drive through a toll plaza and deduction worked just fine as expected. I assume everything is fine then, even without RC upload.
Old 8th March 2024, 11:12   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi.mariner View Post
How is the Park+ Fast Tag? Any users here?
I explored Park+ Fastag option when I was moving out from PayTM Fastag recently. I already had Park+ tag in my car for my apartment entry, and I thought of exploring their Park+ Fastag.

Firstly, Park+ dont have any customer care number to talk to. Any queries we need to raise through their support section on the App and leave it to the mercy of their representative to respond (8 hours SLA time).

I raised a simple query with Park+ customer support section, if I can use my existing Park+ tag as Fastag, and never received a proper response from them. With such lack of proper response, I thought it is safer to move away from Park+ and thanked them for giving me a flavor of their support levels that we can expect from them.

My point was, for any future needs, in case of disputes etc, a proper customer support is essential. Hence I wont recommend Park+ unless they have a proper mechanism for issue resolution in place.

Cheers,
narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 19:45   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
My paytm fastag closed last night and I bought Amazon Pay ICICI Fastag today morning.
I have not removed my (closed) paytm fastag and not pasted new ICICI fastag.

Today, I parked my car in a mall and parking fee was deducted from ICICI fastag balance even without ICICI fastag. I think they just scanned the number plate and charged.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 00:00   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I have not removed my (closed) paytm fastag and not pasted new ICICI fastag.

Today, I parked my car in a mall and parking fee was deducted from ICICI fastag balance even without ICICI fastag. I think they just scanned the number plate and charged.
Scanners could read the tag or can also read number plates and either of the types are in use at toll plaza / malls etc.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 11th March 2024 at 00:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks