Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?
Airtel Payments Bank 21 6.91%
Axis Bank 8 2.63%
Equitas Small Finance Bank 9 2.96%
HDFC Bank 58 19.08%
ICICI Bank 142 46.71%
IDBI Bank 7 2.30%
IDFC Bank 39 12.83%
Induslnd bank 4 1.32%
Kotak Mahindra Bank 11 3.62%
State Bank of India 11 3.62%
Yes Bank 1 0.33%
Others (please specify in your post) 14 4.61%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 304. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2024, 10:51   #406
BHPian

Re: Who is your preferred FASTag provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerH View Post
Will Paytm also transfer the existing tags to HDFC or one needs to close current and buy new? Is not clear. I will wait for a week, hope things will be more clear.
Kindly check the RBI FAQs related to Paytm. Q16's answer suggests to procure a new FASTag.
Old 28th February 2024, 17:58   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post

Recently used the tag on tolls and got good cashback on recharges.
It's also fairly easy to recharge with multiple cards/wallets/upi apps options.
Log history is also easily accessible within the app showing all details of tolls crossed, recharge history and cashbacks.

Overall a great experience and I'd recommend Park+ if you're looking for a Fastag.
Hey, sorry to bother if you could elaborate a bit on the cashback aspect of it as nowadays cashback on a Fastag looks merely a scam as Paytm initially offered it when it was launched and then later discontinued it.
Did you actually get any cashback? Thanks.
Old 1st March 2024, 13:12   #408
BHPian

Just an update to Paytm tag users, I am on the highway drive and Tag is working in tolls, as long as you have balance available. And I guess KYC compliance also matters.
Old 1st March 2024, 17:28   #409
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Equitas offers good service and fast action.
Ive been using them for several years and am happy with their support.
Old 1st March 2024, 17:43   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, my Paytm wallet is still perfectly operational! I am able to add funds as well.

My Paytm account was KYC compliant.

Anyone else finding their wallet working as usual?
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 17:47   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Ok, my Paytm wallet is still perfectly operational! I am able to add funds as well.

Add money should work till March 15 as per RBI deadline. After March 15, it should not be possible unless extended.

Source
Old 1st March 2024, 20:14   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post

Yes it's working fine. I had added some money which was seamlessly deducted at the Toll Plazas in Maharashtra. My account is also KYC compliant.
Old 1st March 2024, 21:17   #413
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I was on Paytm and moved to ICICI bank in Feb month because of Paytm fiasco and also because I have salary account in ICICI bank. I like to have "one app for all" experience.

I did not upload my car RC while getting it from ICICI, for Paytm did upload during purchase. I see registration number is appearing against fast tag account number and tag is showing active status. But I keep on getting message asking me to upload RC to some section which I could not find yet. Anyone else experienced this? Do we need to upload RC during repurchase for same car? I hope no action is required from my end.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 1st March 2024 at 22:03. Reason: Typos
Old 1st March 2024, 22:25   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
Anyone else experienced this? Do we need to upload RC during repurchase for same car? I hope no action is required from my end.
Certainly! When switching banks for your Fastag, it's essential to provide your vehicle's Registration Certificate (RC). I had to do this each time I switched my Fastag provider(Paytm, Axis, HDFC). While I haven't personally experienced the process with ICICI, since you're an existing customer, with updated KYC, the requirement of uploading the RC might have been skipped. To resolve this, I recommend reaching out to customer care for assistance in uploading the RC document.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 05:54   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
Anyone else experienced this? Do we need to upload RC during repurchase for same car? I hope no action is required from my end.
I faced the same and uploaded the RC. No messages about RC upload after that. You can upload the RC on the ICICI bank fastag portal, https://fastaglogin.icicibank.com.
robincsamuel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 06:09   #416
BHPian

Anyone can confirm if Airtel fastag works with multiple fastags with a single wallet?

Have surrendered my Paytm fastag. Looking for something where I don't have to charge each fastag individually.

I do have an ICICI account too. Does ICICI fastag require me to individually charge the fastag or does it deduct the balance from the savings account?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd March 2024 at 07:26. Reason: Typos
Old 2nd March 2024, 13:45   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Does ICICI fastag require me to individually charge the fastag or does it deduct the balance from the savings account?
It will not deduct the toll amount directly from your savings account, but from the fastag wallet. However you can setup auto recharge from your savings bank account so that it will refill the wallet when the balance goes below a certain threshold.
robincsamuel is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 13:52   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Anyone can confirm if Airtel fastag works with multiple fastags with a single wallet?

Have surrendered my Paytm fastag. Looking for something where I don't have to charge each fastag individually.
Yes, you can add multiple fasttags under same number and just load money into wallet, it will distribute for all tags same like paytm.

currently I have 2 fasttags on one Airtel Number.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2024, 18:32   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Yes, you can add multiple fasttags under same number and just load money into wallet, it will distribute for all tags same like paytm.

currently I have 2 fasttags on one Airtel Number.
How is your experience with Airtel Fastag?
My experience with Airtel Fastag has generally been positive, yet I must express dissatisfaction with Airtel's customer service. Resolving issues with them has been excessively time-consuming, with delays of up to 15 days just to address a query regarding my Airtel wallet summary. Similarly, my attempts to disconnect my DTH service and return the setup box have spanned over five years without resolution.

Considering alternatives, I contemplated switching to ICICI Fastag. However, my experience with them has also been disappointing. Despite my efforts over the past five days, they have been unable to activate my ICICI Pockets wallet. The requirement for full KYC has only exacerbated the situation, especially as the responsibility for conducting the KYC process has been outsourced to Ecom Express. Unfortunately, the courier service has repeatedly failed to uphold their end of the agreement, continually rescheduling and ultimately canceling KYC appointments.

Reflecting on these experiences, I find myself yearning for the simplicity and efficiency of Paytm. Using their services was remarkably hassle-free in comparison to the challenges encountered with Airtel and ICICI.
Old 2nd March 2024, 18:54   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
How is your experience with Airtel Fastag?
My experience with Airtel Fastag has generally been positive, yet I must express dissatisfaction with Airtel's customer service. Resolving issues with them has been excessively time-consuming, with delays of up to 15 days just to address a query regarding my Airtel wallet summary. Similarly, my attempts to disconnect my DTH service and return the setup box have spanned over five years without resolution.
I do not have anything from Airtel apart from Fastag as of now. So far, so good – no complaints; it works well. I have never had a problem and haven't needed to spend time with their customer service, so I am not aware of how it goes for customer service on the Fastag side.

Try sending emails to 121@airtel.in, as this is more effective than talking to their customer care agent.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks