Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2018, 17:01   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Giving a lift to an unknown person is illegal

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
This is like a expression of intent - 'I plan to do so and so things, and this is the super high level stuff that I plan to do'.
Well, an explicit expression of intent is far better than "running with the rabbit & hunting with the hounds", as you put it. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Nothing is concrete, and the way these 'intents' shall be codified as laws shall also be left wide open for interpretation by respective enforcement agencies and misused.
That was an except from the law (wannabe law, let us say). Basically it gives the legal authority to the national transportation policy. So when things change at a later date (say, a new technology or a business model or a way of life) there is no need for re-legislation; just an update to the policy will do. This difference matters because re-legislation requires the parliamentary process whereas policy changes is purely within the executive's domain (which could also be its downside).
Old 1st August 2018, 08:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I offer rides through Quickride in Bangalore. A regular ride taker was mentioning that he read in a local paper, that RTO is planning to warn/crackdown on folks who offer rides on Quickride. Apparently BMTC is running into losses due to carpooling
The reason for mounting losses is increase in Diesel prices. https://www.deccanherald.com/city/lo...85-683170.html

I read 2 local papers daily and have not come across news regarding proposed crackdown on Quickride. Hope BTP and RTO are in sync with respect to carpooling initiatives.
Old 8th August 2018, 10:04   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy_p View Post
I read 2 local papers daily and have not come across news regarding proposed crackdown on Quickride. Hope BTP and RTO are in sync with respect to carpooling initiatives.
Maybe my ride taker was mistaken. Lets see how this unfolds.
Old 8th August 2018, 10:23   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy_p View Post
The reason for mounting losses is increase in Diesel prices. https://www.deccanherald.com/city/lo...85-683170.html
Quote from the article:

Quote:
The corporation carries about 45 lakh riders every day, compared to the peak of 52 lakh riders it recorded in 2014.
That seems to be the a bigger reason. I imagine in this interim the city's population increased by a good 6-8%.
Old 8th August 2018, 11:30   #65
BHPian

We have this on one side and then some heavy advocacy for car pooling. Recently there was supposed to be some strike in Pune and our organization sent a mailer asking to provide pools to other people since cabs, taxis and buses might not be available. Adding to it, Uber now does not require a commercial drivers license to drive with them but when I went to register (just for the sake of it), it did ask for a vehicle permit. I was under the impression that a vehicle with a permit required a commercial drivers licence but when I researched, I got the below link which seems to provide a different explanantion -

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-in...riving-license

Overall there seems to be some heavy confusion around car pooling and unless the government or the concerned body comes out clear with the guidelines, it will always be a bit grey and allow people to be fined
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 12:04   #66
Senior - BHPian

I read that Traffic cops in tvm have suddenly decided to enforce this rule going forward in one of the local fb groups - is there any truth to this ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks