Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2023, 23:06   #136
BHPian

Re: Delhi-Mumbai expressway to reduce travel time by 12 hours

Folks,

Has the lalsot - Sawai Madhopur section opened up for usage? I have a travel planned to Indore from Gurgaon in Dec end and I'm aiming to cover max distance till Indore on NE4.

Also, does it make sense to get onto the NE4 again after Kota at Bhanpura and exit from Bhuteda interchange 4 towards Indore or continue on the current highway from Kota to Indore as suggested by GMaps?
saurabh89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2023, 18:44   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Folks,

Has the lalsot - Sawai Madhopur section opened up for usage? I have a travel planned to Indore from Gurgaon in Dec end and I'm aiming to cover max distance till Indore on NE4.

Also, does it make sense to get onto the NE4 again after Kota at Bhanpura and exit from Bhuteda interchange 4 towards Indore or continue on the current highway from Kota to Indore as suggested by GMaps?
Same question as above!

I guess only Delhi-Lalsot & a little stretch till Ratlam is open.
Thats like only 20% of the whole route?
If we are going to follow normal highway most of the time, then what is all the hype about for a little stretch?

If i take that route it will be 23hrs.
If i take the delhi-gwalior-indore-nashik highway: even then that would take 23-24hrs!
Old 13th December 2023, 08:34   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Has the lalsot - Sawai Madhopur section opened up for usage?
It is not. The RJ section will take another year atleast.

Quote:
Bhanpura and exit from Bhuteda
Not sure when you are driving. I'd be taking it on 24th from the other direction.
Old 24th December 2023, 14:56   #139
BHPian

Travelled from Dehradun to Vadodara on 22nd & 23rd Dec via the two sections of NE-4 (Delhi-Vadodara-Mumbai Expressway) with night halt at Bundi(RJ). It took approx 5 hrs from start of NE4 to Bundi and another 5 hrs from Bundi to Dahod. Took 3.5 hrs via Dahod-Vadodara highway to reach Vadodara (2hrs 45 mins till NH-8).

The State-highways to connect to NE-4 in MP are in bad condition, rest of the roads are very good. The road section connecting NH-52 (at Niwai) from Lalsot exit of NE-4, although, two-lane is butter smooth!
Rahkehs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 21:07   #140
BHPian

Has anyone tried using this till Sawai Madhopur? I am planning a trip in Feb till Bhanpura/Gandhisagar dam and was wondering how far can we go on NE4.
Old 9th January 2024, 21:33   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totoro11 View Post
Has anyone tried using this till Sawai Madhopur? I am planning a trip in Feb till Bhanpura/Gandhisagar dam and was wondering how far can we go on NE4.
No, you should go all the way to the last Toll beyond which the roads are blocked. You will exit very close to bypass of Lalsot. Though Google recommends taking exit before the last one, I went until last, recently. Thereafter it's a tolled normal highway with no divider.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 12:37   #142
Senior - BHPian

Another stretch set to open in next few months

Source: Economic Times dated 10-Jan-2024

Quote:
According to recent updates from Road Transport and Highways Secretary Anurag Jain, the Delhi-Surat stretch of the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway is anticipated to be ready for travel in the next few months.

Although a minor section in Rajasthan, which includes an 8-kilometer tunnel, may cause a temporary disruption, Jain assured that commuters can use an alternate road during this period to ensure uninterrupted connectivity between Delhi and Surat.

Jain further stated that the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway project as a whole is expected to be completed by December 2024.
Old 26th January 2024, 20:51   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
No, you should go all the way to the last Toll beyond which the roads are blocked. You will exit very close to bypass of Lalsot. Though Google recommends taking exit before the last one, I went until last, recently. Thereafter it's a tolled normal highway with no divider.
I am planning to drive from Ahmedabad to Gurgaon this Sunday….google shows the route Ahd-Himmatnagar-Udaipur-Nathdwara-Bhilwara-shahpura-Deoli-Tony-Lalsot-Dausa-Gurgaon….

I have done earlier the ahd-Abu road-Pali-Ajmer-Jaipur-Gurgaon which is pretty much same distance in 11 hours….

Not sure what’s the best route to take now… BTW this will be a solo travel…

Look forward to any thoughts
Old 26th January 2024, 21:02   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit Gupta View Post
I am planning to drive from Ahmedabad to Gurgaon this Sunday….google shows the route Ahd-Himmatnagar-Udaipur-Nathdwara-Bhilwara-shahpura-Deoli-Tony-Lalsot-Dausa-Gurgaon
Bhilwara to Dausa via Deal - Lalsot or Bhilwara - Kishangarh - Jaipur bypass- Dausa is about same time.

I have taken Dausa as it's very near to NE4. So, it will all end to personal preference. At this time, until NE4 is complete, I will stick with Bhilwara - Kishangarh-Jaipur Bypass- NE4 - Delhi
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi-Mumbai expressway to reduce travel time by 12 hours-screenshot-20240126-21.00.02.png  

Old 27th January 2024, 07:51   #145

Thanks. Dausa - Gurgaon - I have been on that route, the new NE-4 is fantastic. More worried about the stretch from Ahmedabad - Dausa since that’s the untested territory vis-a-vis Abu road -Pali-Ajmer route.

Last edited by vb-saan : 27th January 2024 at 08:10. Reason: Please avoid typing with too many ... and ...
Old 27th January 2024, 09:05   #146
BHPian

Quote:
More worried about the stretch from Ahmedabad - Dausa since that’s the untested territory vis-a-vis Abu road -Pali-Ajmer route.
You have two option between Udaipur-Kishangarh. One is via Beawar-Ajmer and other is via Bhilwara-Nasirabad. You can take either of them, both have similar 4 lane/6 lane roads which merge at Kishangarh, afterwards you see massive sea of traffic on usual days. You will also face few diversions between Dudu-Jaipur due to some flyover constructions going on near villages. Avoid the Bhilwara-Deoli route.

Also don't forget to take the ring road while crossing Jaipur because you may end-up getting stuck in the traffic jam due to some elevated road work going on after crossing the ring road turn. Proper elevated turn is not yet constructed for the ring road so you will have to take the U turn on the flowing highway so be alert at that point.

I haven't been on Ahmadabad-Udaipur so no idea about that but seems to be good route as heard by other road users.
tbppjpr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 10:06   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ahd-Himmatnagar-Udaipur-Nathdwara-Bhilwara-shahpura-Deoli-Tony-Lalsot-Dausa-Gurgaon….
Quote:
More worried about the stretch from Ahmedabad - Dausa since that’s the untested territory vis-a-vis Abu road -Pali-Ajmer route.

Since you are have mentioned about Bhilwara - Dausa route, I have replied to take Kishangarh route from Bhilwara instead of Deoli-Lalsot as I have no experience. If another member has a recent experience than wait for the reply. You can try via Udaipur on One side and via Pali on return. There should not be much difference between either of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
You have two option between Udaipur-Kishangarh. One is via Beawar-Ajmer and other is via Bhilwara-Nasirabad.
Correct, currently, via Bhilwara seems to be a preferred route given the improvement of road between Kishangarh and Bhilwara.

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th January 2024 at 10:07.
Old 31st January 2024, 12:39   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Since you are have mentioned about Bhilwara - Dausa route, I have replied to take Kishangarh route from Bhilwara instead of Deoli-Lalsot as I have no experience. If another member has a recent experience than wait for the reply.
Thanks for your info / support, guys. I did the Ahmedabad - Gurgaon route last Sunday. It took me about 13 hours. Overall, it was 974 Km with 8 different breaks in between (3 food, 3 fuel, and 2 for bio-break). The route I took is enclosed.

Overall, it was a good trip. Feedback below:

Ahd-Mehsana-Palanpur -- Road Ok. There are good food joints, especially around the Mehsana-Palanpur stretch. Do try out "Bliss."

Palanpur-AbuRoad --Do fuel up before the border since Gujarat has the cheapest petrol while Rajasthan is 11-12 Rs costlier.

Aburoad-Pali-Beawar is a great road, one can easily reach more than 100 kmph. However, beware of police harassment for overspeeding.

Beawar - Ajmer - Kishangarh- Jaipur bypass- Road is OK, but there is too much traffic. It slows you down to an average of 70 Kmph.

Jaipur bypass - Dausa - NE4 entry.... -- Useless village stretch Avg. 35-40 kmph.

NE4 till Sohna Road- This is an Amazing stretch. One can easily do 180 Km in 90-100 minutes.

Well worth.

Mod Note -- Do not mention illegal speed limits and proofread before posting.
Attached Thumbnails
Delhi-Mumbai expressway to reduce travel time by 12 hours-screenshot-20240131-122740.jpg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st January 2024 at 16:32. Reason: Spell, grammar, high speed reference, Excessive dots
Amit Gupta is offline   (4) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd February 2024, 18:03   #149
BHPian

Recently, I traveled from Faridabad to Jaipur and back on Delhi Mumbai expressway. Here are my observations:

I completed the onward journey of more than 270 Kms in around 3.5 hours (excluding a break at one of the rest stops and some google maps misdirections). The return journey from Nahargarh Fort to Faridabad took almost 4.5 hours due to google maps, jam on entry ramp from Jaipur and unruly traffic at Ballabhgarh.

The entry onto Faridabad bypass from Mathura Road (NH19) is not properly marked on Google Maps and it will just make you go in rounds. Instead of taking the correct exit onto service road and then a u-turn under the bypass flyover to get onto the ramp, Google maps takes you in a wrong direction and then asks you to get onto the bypass where there is no ramp at all and it will keep asking you to go in circles. The surface of Faridabad bypass road is much better than the actual expressway. There are much less undulations and it is predictable. However, patrolling is not proper as I saw two wheelers on this stretch. Though there are street lights on Faridabad bypass stretch, majority of them were not switched on.

The expressway, though wide and properly marked, does not boast of a good surface. There are lot of undulations and jolts on the expressway, especially near flyovers or bridges. It is not a completely smooth ride. Already I could see many patchworks in the expressway and repair works were also going on. This doesn’t bode well for a flagship project. There is almost negligible patrolling on the whole stretch as I didn’t see patrolling vehicles during my travel. I believe there should be round the clock patrolling on this stretch as it passes through isolated areas. The boundary wall is already broken at many places and people were grazing goats on the area between the boundary wall and main carriageway. This makes it risky for everyone and something which could be prevented if there was proper enforcement and regular patrolling. Local people were sitting on the railings of the expressway or taking pictures or talking on phones as if it’s some community park. It was a common feature through out the expressway which shows lack of willingness on part of authorities to prevent such things.

There are some rest stops along the expressway but all of them are not functional. Some have coming soon boards showing for Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts, Domino’s Pizza, etc. at the rest stops. Hopefully, it’ll be better by the time complete expressway opens up. The washrooms at one of the normal rest stops (IIRC 99 km rest stop while going towards Jaipur) were much much cleaner than McDonald’s washrooms (coming from Jaipur) on the expressway. NHAI had constructed basic buildings for rest stops and now the same are being brought down/ refurbished by restaurants to bring it to their own designs. This I feel is a waste of time and money as NHAI could’ve just allotted some open slots to restaurants to bring up their own buildings. By constructing such basic buildings, NHAI must’ve paid to contractors which must have been part of consideration for deciding the toll amount and now the same is being brought down by restaurants as per their convenience. I believe it would’ve been much cheaper to just allot blocks and let restaurants construct their own buildings.

Alongside those boundary walls, locals have opened shops/ dhabas and truck drivers park their trucks on shoulder to fetch something or have food. There were many trucks at such stops, sometimes more than 5 also. Such illegal stops are risky for everyone on an expressway and again highlights lack of patrolling and enforcement on the expressway. I do hope that economical options are made available to truck drivers at the rest stops as it may not be feasible for them to otherwise have meals at eateries at rest stops. I saw trucks making a u-turn in the middle of the expressway and then driving on wrong side at full speed, likely to one of the illegal shops/ dhabas they missed. There is no lane discipline on the expressway as trucks were there on all 4 lanes and cars had to zigzag through it all. This again shows lack of patrolling and enforcement on the expressway.

The connectivity from expressway to Jaipur city is not good. It takes you through the crowded parts of city and wastes a lot of time. I saw that construction has already started on greenfield road for connecting with Jaipur. I hope it is completed very soon as it will further reduce the time by at least 30 minutes. The entry ramp for expressway while coming from Jaipur is very small and toll plaza is almost at the start of the ramp. While returning, most of the toll booths on this ramp were non-functional due to so be technical fault and traffic was already stretching to the highway from ramp. Staff at the toll plaza was completely clueless on dealing with it. They let us pass after keeping us waiting for more than 5 minutes. One surprising thing I noticed was that there is no separate toll plaza while entering from Faridabad bypass or exiting from expressway to Faridabad bypass. I am guessing the toll plaza at Faridabad bypass ( which charges INR 50 for each single journey) doubles up as entry/ exit toll plaza for Expressway. It appears that our tag was not scanned at entry ramp at Jaipur and therefore, no amount was deducted from fastag account when we exited expressway onto Faridabad bypass .

Most of the speed cameras were not working on the expressway. Also, the speed shown on cameras was almost 2 km/h less than speed shown on car speedometer. The exit ramp at Ballabhgarh onto NH 19 is very narrow and the service road where the ramp merges, itself is narrow. This was made worse by wrong side local traffic on service road and caused a jam for at least half an hour, with no police to control it.

I believe it’s a good effort but needs a lot of support from people and law enforcement agencies to improve it’s standards.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th February 2024 at 15:01. Reason: Spaced out and re-arranged the points for better readability
Amity is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 14th February 2024, 12:33   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amity View Post
Recently, I traveled from Faridabad to Jaipur and back on Delhi Mumbai expressway. Here are my observations:
Most of the speed cameras were not working on the expressway. Also, the speed shown on cameras was almost 2 km/h less than speed shown on car speedometer.
This is not an error. By regulation, the speedometers of vehicles are designed to show slightly higher speed than actual. There's detailed discussion on this point elsewhere on this forum.

Last edited by KarthikK : 14th February 2024 at 15:02. Reason: Quoted post edited
AutoNoob is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks