Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2017, 13:54   #1441
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
As posted on HVK Forum:

Looks like there are some issues with Fastag's issued by ICICI for LMV's. Especially reported on Nelamangala - Hassan section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1376 View Post
Yes, I had the same issue at the Bellur Toll Plaza ( Bengaluru - Hassan stretch) a couple of days ago. I was charged Rs 225 once
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Yes I saw the post in the forum and I too became one of the victim. Saturday I did a two way trip to Hassan and excess amount of Rs 575 got deducted in Nelamanagala and Bellur toll.
This is not just for ICICI. I have IDFC tag and was charged 235 rs at Bellur toll during my last weekend trip. Seems like it is a common issue at that toll booth. I too have raised a complaint and they have said it will be refunded soon.

Last edited by Eddy : 11th September 2017 at 15:04. Reason: fixed quotes
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 19:55   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post

Note: We do not need to worry or do anything apart from the above 5 steps other than of course sticking the RFID on our windscreen (DIY).
Thank you very much. I have ordered mine based on the link you have provided. Delivery is slated to be after September 23rd, but let me see if they can do it faster.

Is it difficult to stick the Fastag on the windscreen? Which is the best place? Do we need to tear a part of the tag that comes and stick only a smaller portion of it?
Old 11th September 2017, 20:14   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
5) Anytime from Day 6, the Tag status will change from "Issued" to "Active" and we are good to go!
Looks like I am all set, paytm FASTag status is updated as 'Active' today. There is a green button probably to enable/disable the FASTag, not tested though.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-ft.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 11th September 2017 at 20:16. Reason: Minor correction.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2017, 21:01   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Got my tags today from ICICI. It was a super smooth process. Their sales person came over to my office on 1st Sept, filled in the application, one passport photo, RC cards for both cars and my driving licence copies for address and ID proof.

He delivered the tags on Saturday to my office. He was back this morning to help me create my account and recharge the cards online. Super efficient service. Very impressed.

For all of you how want this service in Bangalore you can call Nagesh on +91 99865 80842. He is with ICICI Bomanhalli branch. He may service areas around HSR, Koramangala, BTM layout and Sarjapur road.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 11:35   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thank you very much. I have ordered mine based on the link you have provided. Delivery is slated to be after September 23rd, but let me see if they can do it faster.

Is it difficult to stick the Fastag on the windscreen? Which is the best place? Do we need to tear a part of the tag that comes and stick only a smaller portion of it?
It's not difficult to stick. Stick the whole tag there is nothing to tear off. Also, if you don't want it to be permanent, other users have suggested wrapping it in a plastic film and sticking it with a tape. The most used choice for location is just behind the rear view mirror, if you have any plans for a dashcam or already have one...go a little towards the right side.
beingyukeit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 14:30   #1446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
I tried it again just now. It seems to have worked this time. The response this time was "Response processed successfully". Though you have spoken to them over the phone, you may submit the details on the website too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
It also worked for me. If I try to re-use the link, it gives a message "We have already received vehicle information for order id - 3xxxxxxxx6".
How were you guys able to get past the Paytm Request failed while uploading documents? Did you do something different? Is there a file size restriction/file format restriction or something?
Old 12th September 2017, 14:40   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
How were you guys able to get past the Paytm Request failed while uploading documents? Did you do something different? Is there a file size restriction/file format restriction or something?
I did not do anything from my side. Waited for sometime to let the issue resolve itself at vendor's end. That day (I think 06 Sep), at least three BHPians faced this problem but were able to upload the docs eventually. I uploaded .jpg file of ~100KB.

Please try after sometime.

P.S. - I have since received my Fastag and the status of the tag has changed from 'ISSUED' to 'ACTIVE' on PayTM website and app.

Last edited by Navneet : 12th September 2017 at 14:52.
Navneet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 14:44   #1448
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this helps but I used a *.png file(size 628 kb). Also I uploaded the document from my laptop instead of phone and the document was uploaded in the first try.
jayantvs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 15:51   #1449
Senior - BHPian

I am lost. I tried all the combination of file sizes, formats and all of them gave me the error that Request Failed. I will just wait for now and give it a go after some time.
Old 12th September 2017, 16:11   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
I am lost. I tried all the combination of file sizes, formats and all of them gave me the error that Request Failed. I will just wait for now and give it a go after some time.
Actually you don't need to do anything. Just wait it out and try after an hour or so. It will go through in a jiffy. I can understand your situation, though
Old 12th September 2017, 23:21   #1451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingyukeit View Post
other users have suggested wrapping it in a plastic film and sticking it with a tape. The most used choice for location is just behind the rear view mirror, if you have any plans for a dashcam or already have one...go a little towards the right side.
I have used an overhead projector sheet (transparency) to stick the FASTag and trimmed the sides. I will use invisible tape to stick it to the windscreen. As I already have Mahindra RFID at the centre plus the dashcam, I may need to experiment a little to find the most suitable position
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_20170912_224933.jpg  

Last edited by airbus : 12th September 2017 at 23:37. Reason: Minor correction.
Old 13th September 2017, 00:02   #1452
Senior - BHPian

So, a few minutes back, I just tried and it accepted the ID proof. So, it really looks like it needs time to update the PayTM system in the back end.

I had placed the order yesterday on the PayTM website, i.e. 11 Sep. Let us see how many days it will take for the Fastag wallet to become active and its actual delivery.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 07:27   #1453
Distinguished - BHPian

Procuring Equitas FASTag:

A colleague got his FASTag delivered at doorstep few weeks before. All he had to do was to call one of these numbers and a chap turned up to collect the documents and again turned back to deliver the tag in about 2-3 days.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img20170912wa0065.jpg

He drives a car on company lease and earlier the ICICI personnel were asking some additional documents. Here he didn't have to provide anything apart from the usual docs like RC, IF and Address proof.

He told me that he noticed the name of the company under the ownership when he logged into his FASTag account.

Soon after this he drove to Mumbai and back and faced no issues with functioning of the tab anywhere except the usual suspect, Bankapura (FASTag is dead here now).

So anyone wanting to try Equitas, call up those numbers and the feedback on the buying process and functionality I have just mentioned.

Edit: He had reached out to 9844747977 to get his tag.

Last edited by paragsachania : 13th September 2017 at 07:30.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 10:15   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I had applied for a Fastag from the ICICI Website 3 weeks back. The executive promptly collected the documents and the account got activated as well. However still to receive the account details and the Fastag. Some kind of customer service !!!
Finally got the tag on 12th September after submitting the documents on 24th August from ICICI !!!
Old 13th September 2017, 10:18   #1455
Senior - BHPian

I received fastag document upload link from paytm yesterday. I took a picture of the RC document and uploaded it this morning from my phone.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks