Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2024, 11:55   #6526

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Fastag has such a "chalta hain" implementation - nobody bothers to verify that the car number for which fastag is issued matches with the actual number on RC card. Apparently some idiot purchased an ICICI fastag in my vehicle's name yesterday which got activated without any due verification of the actual RC card and I get a message that my current tag is closed as only the latest fastag is allowed to be active! What a pain! I called ICICI fastag customer support and registered a complaint and also sent a request to my tag provider IDFC to help me in this matter.

They should come up with a mechanism such as OTP verification by RC card holder, or electronically reading the RC card at POS to ensure such mismatches don't happen.
Same happened with me. This is really pathetic. It is so much of harrasment. You get surprised suddenly at a toll gate when your tag do not work despite having very good tag balance. And you loose Rs100 everytime a tag is closed. And nobody helps. My tag provider, ICICI bank said they can't do anything because it is NPCI dictat. NPCI has almost non existant feedback or redressal mechenism. ICICI system do not permit issuing another tag in such cases. I had to go for IDFC tag.
Old 3rd October 2024, 23:38   #6527
BHPian

How do i check the fastag transaction history? I bought a new car and the dealer fixed ICICI fastag in the new car and linked it to my wife's mobile number since there was already Amazon pay ICICI fastag in my name and mobile number. So now when i open ICICI mobile app, it just shows my Amazon pay Fastag. There is no option to link another fastag. I tried on several online apps but none of them have been able to show transaction history. Only recharge option is available. I use phonepe for recharge. It just shows the balance but not transaction history. Is there any central website/app that can show be all the transactions in this fastag?

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 3rd October 2024 at 23:39.
Old 4th October 2024, 10:09   #6528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
How do i check the fastag transaction history?
Is there any central website/app that can show be all the transactions in this fastag?
You can use this ICICI FasTag Website to check transactions/report any issues with transactions or recharge. ICICI e-Toll App was quite useful for quick check, but it is no longer working .

Last edited by DetectiveMiles : 4th October 2024 at 10:11.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2024, 16:24   #6529
Senior - BHPian

Ever since the PayTm Fastag was discontinued, I have not got around to replacing it. I had made only one trip outside Chennai after that and paid cash at the toll plazas. Now I have to make an outstation trip in a couple of days. I understand if I order online the process will take quite a few days.

Does anyone know of any instant Fastag purchase/activation service in Chennai? Else can I buy one at any of the toll plazas on the Chennai-Trichy route? With quick activation. Apart from car RC and KYC documents what else will I need?
Old 4th October 2024, 16:28   #6530
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
Ever since the PayTm Fastag was discontinued, I have not got around to replacing it. I had made only one trip outside Chennai after that and paid cash at the toll plazas. Now I have to make an outstation trip in a couple of days. I understand if I order online the process will take quite a few days.

Does anyone know of any instant Fastag purchase/activation service in Chennai? Else can I buy one at any of the toll plazas on the Chennai-Trichy route? With quick activation. Apart from car RC and KYC documents what else will I need?
You can get one easily near the toll plazas by guys who sit under the canopy. Just make sure the registration number they punch is correct.

If you have time, you can get one online too. I changed my PayTM tag to HDFC. Can be recharged easily with any UPI and balance can also be displayed on some UPI apps like Phonepe. Multiple HDFC tags linked to same wallet or phone number share a common wallet, so it is convenient as well.

Thanks.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2024, 10:18   #6531

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Fastag has such a "chalta hain" implementation - nobody bothers to verify that the car number for which fastag is issued matches with the actual number on RC card. Apparently some idiot purchased an ICICI fastag in my vehicle's name yesterday which got activated without any due verification of the actual RC card and I get a message that my current tag is closed as only the latest fastag is allowed to be active! What a pain! I called ICICI fastag customer support and registered a complaint and also sent a request to my tag provider IDFC to help me in this matter.

They should come up with a mechanism such as OTP verification by RC card holder, or electronically reading the RC card at POS to ensure such mismatches don't happen.
By the way when I obtained a new tag from IDFC, surprisingly they did not require RC or any document pertaining to car.

On the funny side, if you want to harras somebody, just purchase a new fastag on his/her VRN.
Old 8th October 2024, 11:52   #6532
Distinguished - BHPian

Just got an ICICI fastag. How does one use a credit card to recharge the fastag?

Can someone also help link me with Parags idea of sticking the fastag using cello tape?
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2024, 12:15   #6533
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Just got an ICICI fastag. How does one use a credit card to recharge the fastag?

Can someone also help link me with Parags idea of sticking the fastag using cello tape?
Regarding credit card, you can login to the ICICI Fastag portal and recharge using the card.
If you have a RuPay credit card linked on GPay, you can do it from the Gpay app using UPI.

For pasting the Fastag, you can check this post (Our 2016 Glistening Grey Maruti WagonR VXi - Waggy® meets Dizzy®).

Basically, get a thin, small plastic cover, insert the tag inside it and paste the cover to the inner side of the windshield using cellophane tape around the borders. Ideal location would be the middle of the windshield usually below the IRVM and the ceramic patch.

Last edited by NPV : 8th October 2024 at 12:16.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2024, 13:58   #6534

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdesi View Post
By the way when I obtained a new tag from IDFC, surprisingly they did not require RC or any document pertaining to car.

On the funny side, if you want to harras somebody, just purchase a new fastag on his/her VRN.
Ideally RC need to be submitted within a 45 days (As sometimes newly purchased vehicle doesn't have RC). If not then tag will be blacklisted till documents are submitted.

Sometimes even VRN is not there in that case FASTag is issued based on chassis number and then VRN is updated once it is available (within 45 days).
Old 9th October 2024, 17:09   #6535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthponraj View Post
ICICI FASTag is providing options for Full KYC up-gradation through vkyc.
Hello Everybody!

I had a Query regarding the above Full KYC Option appearing on the ICICI Bank Fastag Portal.

I have completed the above-mentioned Full KYC instructions for our Global Ford Fiesta, (Company Registered RC, but Fastag issued in Individual Name) & that was completed Online without any hassles. Thank you for the inputs. They were very helpful. Please note that this Fastag was issued in 2018.

However, the Full KYC Option for our Ertiga (ICICI Fastag issued in 2019) seems to be cumbersome as we are to submit a whole bunch of Documents viz. FATCA Declaration, Company Director's details etc., Company Declaration on the Official Letterhead, alongwith RC, DL etc. as the Car is Registered under the Company (RC) & the Current Fastag also is Registered under the Company. And the process is not Online nor through VC as the entire set of Documents have to Mailed to the ICICI Office by Courier.

On a lighter note, the process sounds like a Loan Application!

I checked with the ICICI Helpdesk & they suggested that I could Deactivate our Ertiga's Current Fastag, which will take 15 Business Days to process, & then Apply for a Fresh Fastag under my Individual Name which will not need any Company Documents & the Fastag will reach me in 7 Business Days.

My Question to this Forum is; Has anybody recently Applied for a Company Registered Car (RC Registered in the Company's Name) but Applied & taken a Fastag in the Individual's Name?

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th October 2024 at 17:44. Reason: Quote tag fixed
Old 9th October 2024, 18:03   #6536
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
How do i check the fastag transaction history?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveMiles View Post
ICICI e-Toll App was quite useful for quick check, but it is no longer working .
For the past several months now, the etoll by ICICI app stopped working on my phone - it would load and then show a banner for the ICICI imobile app and clicking that will take one to the App Store so I thought this is an iPhone compatibility issue. Today, I installed the ICICI Imobile app, linked my ICICI card and then I was also able to access my ICICI Fastag on this app. This app can be used for recharges and transaction history. In fact it has options to add any other provider’s Fastag as well.
Old 9th October 2024, 21:11   #6537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Today, I installed the ICICI Imobile app, linked my ICICI card and then I was also able to access my ICICI Fastag on this app. This app can be used for recharges and transaction history. In fact it has options to add any other provider’s Fastag as well.
I don't have any other ICICI account/card, it is asking to add my unused Pockets wallet, but shows FasTag as not available. But logged into Pockets app directly and it shows my last 5 FasTag Transactions, so I will manage this way for quick check. Else use website for detailed reports.

Most Viewed