Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2024, 10:13   #6511
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

"Pay more toll fee if FASTag is not fixed on windscreen"
Source: Indian Express 19th July 2024
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-pxl_20240719_024156161.jpg  

Old 21st July 2024, 18:56   #6512
Senior - BHPian

Ordered fastag for my car from ICICI portal. Payment didn't go through in the first attempt, so I had to repeat the process again. While the payment was processed this time, at the time of filling application details, I got a message saying another account exists with same name and DOB. I ignored it thinking that the bank would automatically ignore incomplete applications.

Today the tags were shipped by ICICI. But I have received two messages on my phone, with different tag and tracking IDs. I am worried that ICICI has somehow generated a tag for the failed transaction as well. Tried connecting to customer care but wasn't successful.

What should be the next course of action?

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-img_2274.png

Last edited by self_driven : 21st July 2024 at 18:58.
Old 26th July 2024, 15:43   #6513
Distinguished - BHPian

Fastag has such a "chalta hain" implementation - nobody bothers to verify that the car number for which fastag is issued matches with the actual number on RC card. Apparently some idiot purchased an ICICI fastag in my vehicle's name yesterday which got activated without any due verification of the actual RC card and I get a message that my current tag is closed as only the latest fastag is allowed to be active! What a pain! I called ICICI fastag customer support and registered a complaint and also sent a request to my tag provider IDFC to help me in this matter.

They should come up with a mechanism such as OTP verification by RC card holder, or electronically reading the RC card at POS to ensure such mismatches don't happen.
androdev is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 26th July 2024, 21:55   #6514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Apparently some idiot purchased an ICICI fastag in my vehicle's name yesterday which got activated without any due verification of the actual RC card and I get a message that my current tag is closed as only the latest fastag is allowed to be active! What a pain! I called ICICI fastag customer support and registered a complaint and also sent a request to my tag provider IDFC to help me in this matter.
Same thing happened to me. Coincidentally ICICI issued fastag in my case too. Funny thing is Car number is mine and the vehicle on which this ICICI Fastag is being used is a combine harvestor. Cherry on top, that Fastag has negative balance (how does that even happen?) So, it can't be closed till balance is atleast 0.
Can you guide me on how to lodge a complaint with ICICI as they need phone number verification to file complaint which I obviously don't have.
Old 27th July 2024, 09:36   #6515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Same thing happened to me. Coincidentally ICICI issued fastag in my case too. Funny thing is Car number is mine and the vehicle on which this ICICI Fastag is being used is a combine harvestor. Cherry on top, that Fastag has negative balance (how does that even happen?) So, it can't be closed till balance is atleast 0.
Can you guide me on how to lodge a complaint with ICICI as they need phone number verification to file complaint which I obviously don't have.
I just called the number on the ICICI fastag portal https://www.icicibank.com/personal-b...tag/contact-us 1800 2100 104. Miraculously I got connected instantly (had to use #9 option I think). They didn't ask me for any verification - just took my car number, name, phone number, etc and registered the complaint and told me cancellation will take a week. I haven't got any confirmation message though.

For added measure, I've also lodged a complaint on https://www.netc.org.in/helpline-number

All said and done, I am without a fastag now
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2024, 09:50   #6516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All said and done, I am without a fastag now
Get the Hdfc fastag.
It's working flawlessly for my 3 cars. Recharge is also very easy via Paytm or hdfc fastag portal.
And all transactions are accountable.
Old 27th July 2024, 10:01   #6517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
What should be the next course of action?
Except the latest generated tag, if the other tags have not been automatically closed, the online portal of the tag provider can be used to raise closure request for those tags.
Old 27th July 2024, 10:09   #6518
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Get the Hdfc fastag.
It's working flawlessly for my 3 cars. Recharge is also very easy via Paytm or hdfc fastag portal.
And all transactions are accountable.
Happy with my tag provider (IDFC). Just that NCPI itself deactivated my current tag because someone bought a new tag with my car’s registration number. It can happen to anyone irrespective of the current tag issuer.
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2024, 22:36   #6519
mgb

Quote:
Happy with my tag provider (IDFC). Just that NCPI itself deactivated my current tag because someone bought a new tag with my car’s registration number. It can happen to anyone irrespective of the current tag issuer.

IDFC issued a fast tag on my existing 12yo car. No KYC, nothing.

God knows how these PPI's get issued without any checks.

--
Has anyone bought the NHAI fast tag recently ? Where can one get it ?

I went to a couple of tolls but they're selling bank fast tag's.

Last edited by Eddy : 3rd August 2024 at 08:34. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
Old 30th July 2024, 12:31   #6520
BHPian

Have a FastTag closure query for the knowledgeable and connected forum

I have had a FastTag issued on my new car by the dealership from IDBI bank. I dont have any other relationship with the bank, and got a new one from ICICI bank .

Had been following up with IDBI to get my other FastTag closed and issue the refund since April, but they have not been responding on their official email channel after the initial response that they have forwarded to the respective branch. Have included all levels of escalations that are publicly available.

Is their any contact or other mechanism available to get this addressed?
Old 30th July 2024, 14:48   #6521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersam View Post
Have a FastTag closure query for the knowledgeable and connected forum

I have had a FastTag issued on my new car by the dealership from IDBI bank. I dont have any other relationship with the bank, and got a new one from ICICI bank .

Had been following up with IDBI to get my other FastTag closed and issue the refund since April, but they have not been responding on their official email channel after the initial response that they have forwarded to the respective branch. Have included all levels of escalations that are publicly available.

Is their any contact or other mechanism available to get this addressed?
Is your icici tag active ? After recent announcement by the govt, only one tag (most recent one) would be active and others would become inactive. If IDBI tag is already deactivated then there is no further action required by user to close it (may be you need to follow up for refund). If possible, walk in to the respective branch if other online channels are fruitless.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th July 2024 at 14:51.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2024, 12:22   #6522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Is your icici tag active ? After recent announcement by the govt, only one tag (most recent one) would be active and others would become inactive. If IDBI tag is already deactivated then there is no further action required by user to close it (may be you need to follow up for refund). If possible, walk in to the respective branch if other online channels are fruitless.

Thank you for your response.

My ICICI tag is active, and have been using it.

I did go to the local IDBI Branch first to get the tag closed and the refund, as that was the process mentioned on their site - submitted a request in April, and was told will get response from them - TAT is 5-7 days, and that I need not visit.

Have been following up with the IDBI at all escalation levels over email, but it is like banging head against the wall. But will have to keep trying. Was looking for some internal escalation point who can get things moving.
ridersam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2024, 09:16   #6523
BHPian

I bought an Ignis from Indus Motors in May and it came with a Fastag from IDBI bank.

Due to the unique way the state of Kerala is run, I have not yet received my RC book.

For the past two months I have been running behind the following people to help me update the vehicle registration number.
1. The IDBI bank fastag helpline.
2. The local branch of IDBI Bank.
3. The representative of Indus motors who sold me the car.

Till date nobody has managed to update my VRN (Vehicle registration Number).

I have submitted a copy of RC particulars from parivahan to the local branch of IDBI bank and online Fastag portal of the bank.

Today I got a SMS that my tag has been hot listed and will be blocked within 30 days unless I update my VRN.

Anyone facing similar issues?
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-whatsapp-image-20240807-09.08.55.jpeg  

Last edited by The Mechanic : 7th August 2024 at 09:18.
Old 11th August 2024, 03:35   #6524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Since I opened a new Airtel sb account + fastag, looked deeper into the links you mentioned. Here is what found:

---------------
3. Savings Bank Account Annual Subscription Charge is not applicable for the below categories of customers

a. DBT linked recipients for the last 12 months,

b. APY premium paying on a regular basis,

c. Rewards123/RewardsMini/Rewards123Plus and Suraksha Subscription older customers,

d. Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account & Dormant account holder
---------------

The account that I have is listed as 'Basic' in MyAccount->Account Info-> Plan Type. So I am thinking that with this setup there will not be any annual subscription charges (Rs 100 otherwise).

There is an SMS charge that is levied though. Something to keep in mind but it seems quite small:
-----------
Effective September 5th 2023, monthly SMS Alert Charges will be levied at Rs. 0.3 per SMS (excl GST). First 10 SMSs are not chargeable. Customers wishing to opt out from this charge can call the call centre and charges won't be levied. All mandatory SMSs (as prescribed by RBI circular on customer protection) will be sent to customers even if customers opt out of the charge. Effective February 1st 2023, the SMS charges (excluding GST) will be capped at INR 100.
----------
Quoting my own post as I see a charge of Rs 25+ GST levied on my account as annual subscription charges. Further I see the following on their website:

_--------- from Airtel website -------
'~' Account Maintenance Charge:

1)Effective 1st July 2024, Annual Subscription charges (Annually) and Account Operation Charges (Quarterly) would merge into a single charge named "Account Maintenance Charge" (Quarterly) at INR 42+18 % GST/Quarter. Account Maintenance Charges will be collected from October 2024 onwards

2) Effective July 2024 Annual Subscription Charges and Account Operation Charges would cease to exist
------------------

While Rs 42 a quarter may be a small amount, what I was irritated about was that it seemed to be done in a sneaky way. There was no sms or email that I am being charged. I just happened to see the statement as my auto recharge got triggered (in spite of not using fastag in the last few days) and iwm was curious why.

Further the website also says:
8) Customers can opt-out from these charges by placing a request with the Customer Experience team as per the Quarterly opt-out cycle. Once opted out account holders will not be charged for Account Maintenance Charge

Not sure what the above means but I am yet to try this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks