Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2023, 14:34   #6271
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Did you cross the 10k limit? Paytm has a separate limit of Rs 4000 for wallet recharges done from 3rd party apps using a credit card.
This is true.
FASTag via NPCI has 30 days cycle where you can recharge upto 10000/ per month using credit card plus PayTM wallet limit of 4000/ per calendar month using Uber, Swiggy etc.

Now that I have crossed the 30 days cycle, I'm able to recharge FASTag via credit card through 3rd party apps, which in turn recharges PayTM.
DetectiveMiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 14:38   #6272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Our gated community has just integrated FASTag into our automated access gates which were operated via separate RFID tags or manually earlier.

Working like a charm as of now!
Interesting! Do you know the cost/process involved in setting this up for a gated community with automatic gates currently operated using a remote.
Old 3rd April 2023, 16:48   #6273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
That sounds very much like something going wrong with the way you are pasting the tag on your windshield, or other issues with your windshield itself (sun film?)

What is this sequence?
Thanks. Looks like that's the culprit.Today I went to a nearby toll booth and got an Airtel one. When the guy at the booth was clearing up the windscreen area for fixing the new one, he asked me about any film or sticker that's getting peeled off there. It turns out to be that without myself knowing (or honestly speaking remembering) there is indeed a double layered film on the windshield. So got the new one fixed after removing any traces of the film in the specified area. All the while the guys kept telling me that films are never an issue. But I have reasons not to believe them as you mentioned. After the fix, I passed through the toll gate and the tag got scanned successfully although at that point there was only a hand held scanner available and the guy stood reasonably near the tag while scanning it. I am confident the issue is resolved although I need to try my luck with the fixed scanners to ascertain the ease or difficulty of the procedure. Placed a cancellation order for the ICICI one as I can't hold more than one fastag for a vehicle.

Not sure about the numericals displayed in my message. Last time too when I had posted a Quick Reply, such numbers had appeared. Tried editing to get rid of them, but they pop up again.

Last edited by skchettry : 3rd April 2023 at 17:09.
skchettry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 20:09   #6274
BHPian

Dear All

Dealership provided an ICICI fastag for my car today. It was added to my existing fastag account directly. Now, when I login into the ICICI fastag portal, it shows that the tag is active under a separate customer account. However, the tag serial number is shown as Not Available.

Can I use this tag to travel? Will I have to wait till tag serial number is updated in ICICI systems? I do get the option to recharge this tag from the fastag login website.

I need to travel on Wednesday.

Anyone has experienced this and knows if tag works?

Thanks
Rajdeep
Old 4th April 2023, 15:50   #6275

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Dear All

Dealership provided an ICICI fastag for my car today. It was added to my existing fastag account directly. Now, when I login into the ICICI fastag portal, it shows that the tag is active under a separate customer account. However, the tag serial number is shown as Not Available.

Can I use this tag to travel? Will I have to wait till tag serial number is updated in ICICI systems? I do get the option to recharge this tag from the fastag login website.

I need to travel on Wednesday.

Anyone has experienced this and knows if tag works?

Thanks
Rajdeep
I had my new car Delivered in Jan 23 and had a Kotak Tag. Tried recharging the tag via PayTM and PhonePe to get an error that Car did not exist. However, was able to recharge the tag on the Kotak App.

Few days later Kotak prompted to upload RC and Insurance Documents on their portal. Was able to recharge tag across apps post that process.
Old 6th April 2023, 10:33   #6276

Hey!
My father is in defence services and gets toll exemption in certain tolls in Tamil Nadu. Our previous car had the Fastag pasted onto the windshield and there was no way to stop the tag from scanning while entering the booth.
So, we recently upgraded our car and asked the dealer to not paste it. We have an equitas tag with 3M brown taping covering the RFID. Will the tag be scannable without peeling the brown cover? Our dealer said there is no need to remove the cover and that they do the same in their test drive cars by just waving the loose fastag at the scanner.
Old 6th April 2023, 11:14   #6277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus Wesley View Post
Hey!
My father is in defence services and gets toll exemption in certain tolls in Tamil Nadu. Our previous car had the Fastag pasted onto the windshield and there was no way to stop the tag from scanning while entering the booth.
So, we recently upgraded our car and asked the dealer to not paste it. We have an equitas tag with 3M brown taping covering the RFID. Will the tag be scannable without peeling the brown cover? Our dealer said there is no need to remove the cover and that they do the same in their test drive cars by just waving the loose fastag at the scanner.
As far as I know, only if the 3M taping is metallic in nature which will block the RFID antenna from detecting the tag, it will still be read as long as the Fastag antenna at the toll booth is in good shape. Otherwise, you have to cover the tag with aluminum foil and remove it when you need to use it. Other than that I am not sure what else can prevent the tag from being read.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 12:08   #6278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
As far as I know, only if the 3M taping is metallic in nature which will block the RFID antenna from detecting the tag, it will still be read as long as the Fastag antenna at the toll booth is in good shape. Otherwise, you have to cover the tag with aluminum foil and remove it when you need to use it. Other than that I am not sure what else can prevent the tag from being read.
that's right. I have heard anecdotal stories about someone passing through a toll plaza in a bus, with the FASTag in his bag and it was read. Also, someone had a tag in the glovebox of his car and it was read too. Can't vouch for the authenticity of these stories but I believe it should be quite possible. So the aluminum foil pouch should be the best option to avoid this possibility.
FarPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 12:13   #6279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus Wesley View Post
Hey!
My father is in defence services and gets toll exemption in certain tolls in Tamil Nadu.
The right approach is to apply for Fastag excemption and get your Fastag updated with the same. You can refer to the below link for more details,

https://ackodrive.com/fastag/exemption-list/
Old 6th April 2023, 13:44   #6280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchettry View Post
So got the new one fixed after removing any traces of the film in the specified area. All the while the guys kept telling me that films are never an issue. 2.12.0.0
I have a sun film on the windshield of my preowned XUV 500. The earlier owner had his fast tag sandwiched between the film and the windshield.
As I pasted the fast tag on the windshield, it was not being detected (Once in ten times). I thought the fast tag is problematic so opted for another one it also did not work pasted on the film at different location.

I thought the old fast tags were creating problem in detecting the new one so I covered the same with thick paper but still it did not solve the problem.

Finally have another IDFC fast tag which I have not pasted and I have to open the window at each toll plaza and wave or give it to the attendant there

Can you let me know how you removed only a small area of the windshield film and pasted the fast tag directly on the windshield?
amit_purohit20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 21:59   #6281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_purohit20 View Post
Can you let me know how you removed only a small area of the windshield film and pasted the fast tag directly on the windshield?
I bought the new tag from a hawker at a toll gate. He had a small blade with which he removed the film from a small area enough to install the tag. Moreover since I am going to replace the windscreen in around 6 months time because there is a crack on it, I did not mind the removal of the film for the purpose.

Last edited by skchettry : 6th April 2023 at 22:01.
skchettry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 23:24   #6282
BHPian

A very important peice of information from a news article.

If there is an amount deducted from your fastag account erroneously, there is a possibility that your car's registration number is being used by someone else.

When this person drives through a toll gate, he will be charged to his fastag affixed on his car. However, if he does not have balance in the fastag account, the operator will fill the registration plate details to charge you (as the registration number belongs to you). Some recent cases highlight this issue.

Attaching the news article for more details.
"The FASTag account on the car used by the suspect was a genuine account linked to his own bank, but this was subverted if he was physically stopped at toll plazas and then deductions occurred from the senior citizen’s account, the police said"

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...plate-8564935/

Please do not take unauthorised deductions from your Fastag lightly.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 13:56   #6283
BHPian

I'm really tired of Paytm scamsters. Whenever I have had incorrect deductions, I have had to reach out to NHAI to get the refunds. Even then they delay the refunds asking for RC images and what not.
Another pain point like with most Indian startups is that their website is useless and they force the users to use their crappy app for every single thing. The said app is loaded with trackers and requires a lot of permissions to run. Since their app is also used for UPI, it requires me to have the SIM associated with my registered phone number in my phone to login

I'm planning to move to ICICI. Can any ICICI users confirm if their fastag website is fully functional and if it can be used without installing any app (for raising disputes/checking details etc.)?
Also, can I get a fastag without an existing ICICI bank account?

Last edited by theredliner : 30th April 2023 at 14:01.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2023, 14:06   #6284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post

I'm planning to move to ICICI. Can any ICICI users confirm if their fastag website is fully functional and if it can be used without installing any app (for raising disputes/checking details etc.)?
Also, can I get a fastag without an existing ICICI bank account?
Having used ICICI Fastag with 2 cars in the family, I highly recommend it over other providers. As with any other fastag, recharge can be done via UPI (gpay etc). If someone has icici savings account then there is a auto top up feature so the tag would be loaded with desired amount whenever balance falls below a limit.

You will need a login and password for Fastag for any service related aspect if you don't have icici account (not needed for just topping up/recharge).

The best part vs other providers is that Customer care is very responsive and we could close the tag online without any issue when we sold one of the cars.

In the case of second car, we had an icici savings account and could order the tag online via the account login without any additional documentation or KYC. It used bank account KYC and the tag was delivered within 3-4 days. This was for a new car purchase because we didn't want to go for dealer provoded tag. We placed the tag request as soon as registration number was allotted and got the tag just in time for the delivery.

Overall very happy customer and now I always recommend it to all my friends and family members. One need not have icici bank account to buy and use fastag, though having a bank account helps keep everything integrated at one place and use auto load feature as well.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th April 2023 at 14:12.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 10:15   #6285
Senior - BHPian

I have an Axis Bank FasTag. Its been there for nearly two years now. I notice that this tag is NOT read by sensors in the BETL elevated highway toll booths. The boom barrier does not open automatically. But the tag gets read by their manual hand held scanners. I had made a trip to KL nearly three weeks back. The problem was not noticed at any other toll booths. Has any one faced similar issues?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks