Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2022, 06:46   #6226
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Any quick and effective way to clean fastag sticker residue?
Try the hand sanitizer from corona days. The blue colour one and not the thicker colorless one. It has alcohol that is good for removing the glue residue.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2022, 12:34   #6227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AjinkyaP View Post
Any quick and effective way to clean fastag sticker residue?
I peeled off my old one and now left with the silver coloured layer which is tough as hell to remove. Tried scraping it off carefully with a blade but its so frustrating

Need to clean it completely before I put the new one.
WD 40 and BD alcohol swabs will clean it off. Use WD 40 first, then use the alcohol swabs to clean the residue.
NG_EV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2022, 08:29   #6228
BHPian

So after reading this I procured a new ICICI Fastag in order to replace my existing Airtel one, which has Rs. 900 bucks balance. The new one just arrived, I recharged it with Rs. 500 so it has Rs. 700 balance now. However, when I go to see the status against the Fastag ID on the NETC website it is showing as blacklisted. When I search for my vehicle number, it shows 2 Fastags and both are active.

How do I go about activating the new ICICI Fastag after finishing off my Airtel Fastag balance, and transferring the Rs. 250 reserve amount from it to my Airtel Wallet?
Old 31st December 2022, 10:08   #6229

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Is there any way to temporarily deactivate FASTag? For example, I could be driving on a company assignment and it is probably easier to submit the toll cash receipts rather than print off online statements.

Can this be an option?
Deactivating fast tag steps were not easily available on the internet, so I compiled this 30 second video to help subscribers who are looking to deactivate their fast tag....
hemant.samtani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2023, 14:26   #6230
BHPian

Anyone bought monthly fastag online in Jan 2023?
I used to get it via paytm, but my toll plaza is not listed there since my last purchase in early December 2022
I found out that we can get it from the IHMCL’s site here https://ihmcl.co.in/fastag-user/

The suspicious thing is the url for this
http://sujeetkumar-001-site1.itempurl.com/

Is there some sort of data skimming going on. The url looks very suspicious.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot-20230104-142440.jpg
Old 4th January 2023, 19:22   #6231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroy92 View Post
The suspicious thing is the url for this
http://sujeetkumar-001-site1.itempurl.com/

Both link resolve to the same gateway-> https://netc.npci.org.in/, so, unlikely a skimming op is on. Although I'm not sure why such a url redirect is necessary.
Old 4th January 2023, 23:01   #6232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Both link resolve to the same gateway-> https://netc.npci.org.in/, so, unlikely a skimming op is on. Although I'm not sure why such a url redirect is necessary.
The way I see it (I have a background in web development), it is either
- incompetency
- laziness
- malicious intent
or a combination of these.

I really hope this is brought to light and others can investigate it further to shed some light.

https://who.is/whois/itempurl.com does not reveal anything except that this is a relative new domain registry from 2016.

--edit--
Maybe the reason for using this is : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persis...source_locator

Last edited by rroy92 : 4th January 2023 at 23:12. Reason: added more info
rroy92 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2023, 08:32   #6233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A benign explanation is this: IHMCL is expected to send people who are looking for the monthly pass to NPCI's website with a session ID (a unique identifier that is passed around for a variety of purposes in web development). NPCI does not generate the session ID themselves, and IHMCL's hosting is not capable of doing so (el cheapo hosting with no server-side programming). So the web developer in question - Mr. Sujeet Kumar - perhaps after breaking his head on the wall made of red tape - chose to take a short way out, by signing up for a free hosting service without a custom domain (so zero cash outlay for him) and hosting the session ID generating code there. So instead of IHMCL (generate session ID) -> NPCI redirection we now have IHMCL -> Sujeet Kumar (generate session ID) -> NPCI redirection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
unlikely a skimming op is on. Although I'm not sure why such a url redirect is necessary.
"When in doubt, assume the worst" is a principle that would serve one well when it comes to things on Internet...

Quote:
I really hope this is brought to light and others can investigate it further to shed some light.
Indeed. This needs to be reported to NPCI, IHMCL, NHAI etc. (via pgportal, perhaps) and even brought to the attention of journalists covering tech. With the kind of money Fastag has saved for all concerned a few thousand a month on decent web hosting is not too big an ask.
binand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 19:45   #6234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Indeed. This needs to be reported to NPCI, IHMCL, NHAI etc. (via pgportal, perhaps) and even brought to the attention of journalists covering tech. With the kind of money Fastag has saved for all concerned a few thousand a month on decent web hosting is not too big an ask.
Can we get this to the front page or Hot Threads? Hoping someone might pick it up.
Old 7th February 2023, 21:17   #6235
Senior - BHPian

Have had a frustrating experience with Icici Fastag. I bought my new car way back in September 2022 and the dealer provided an icici Fastag, and within 2 days i was provided a new one saying that the 1st one was not mapped to my car. Anyway, i stick the fastag, recharge the tag through my icici mobile banking application and everything seemed alright. Now, during a trip in December ( when i used the fastag for the first time), the toll gate flashed “blacklisted” for my car. Luckily my journey did not have many tolls and i managed to pay by cash. I came back, realised something was wrong and checked with icici fastag. They then figured that the fastag i had was not the one they have in their records. Turns out i have been recharging the incorrect fastag! So they sent me a new one with a new serial number and obviously charged me again for it. When i got this new one, i called customer care and i asked them if this is now mapped against my vehicle registration number. But these folks at icici fastag just refuse to acknowledge my new fastag serial number, if that is mapped to my vehicle. However the serial number does not exactly match, like only the last 4-5 digits match. They are saying its alright, but i dont want to face another issue in the highway tollgates again, i have an upcoming travel this weekend.

How do i check if my fastag is the right one? I recall some malls in Bangalore having fastag. Or is there any other way to check this out?
Old 7th February 2023, 21:30   #6236
BHPian

Hi
Go to Icici fastag login page. Register and then login. You can see all the details. Your tag number, your customer id, the car to which it is mapped, your transaction details, toll deduction details. All in one page. Hope this helps.
Old 14th February 2023, 11:01   #6237
Senior - BHPian

If your FASTag has sufficient balance and cannot be scanned at toll plaza, you shouldn't pay anything. That's how it has to be.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-329905895_906127953928935_1485987112541152527_n.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 20:19   #6238
BANNED

Is it possible to get a refund of money which is already charged in your fastag if you aren't planning to use it?
Old 18th February 2023, 21:07   #6239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Is it possible to get a refund of money which is already charged in your fastag if you aren't planning to use it?
Sorry couldn't get your question. You mean whether Fastag wallet balance to be sent back to Bank account? Or the security deposit? If it is the latter, you need to close the Fastag account and get it back. I don't know about the former as I use PayTM Fastag and wallet balance is used for other purposes also.
Old 18th February 2023, 21:40   #6240
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Sorry couldn't get your question. You mean whether Fastag wallet balance to be sent back to Bank account? Or the security deposit? If it is the latter, you need to close the Fastag account and get it back. I don't know about the former as I use PayTM Fastag and wallet balance is used for other purposes also.
I meant the unused balance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks