Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 20:22   #6121
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Hello all,

One of my friends is facing a peculiar catch22 kinda situation!

Bengaluru (and guess elsewhere too) RTO has mandated fastag to register a new car. And if we want to procure fastag from PayTM, they mandate vehicle RC!

So my doubt is this -- From a brand new, pre-registered vehicle still with the dealer, can we get a PayTM fastag with just engine & chassis number, which can then be given to the RTO for the registration process ?

Have anyone faced this situation? If so how to get the vehicle registered at RTO without valid fastag, and later procure fastag from PayTM with the allotted vehicle regn. number
or
vice-versa -- how to get fastag from PayTM with engine/chassis numbers only, and provide this to RTO for completing registration formalities !?

Can someone point out solution for this, TIA !
Old 24th June 2022, 21:33   #6122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisTvpm View Post
Hello all,
Have anyone faced this situation? If so how to get the vehicle registered at RTO without valid fastag, and later procure fastag from PayTM with the allotted vehicle regn. number
You will get the fastag on temporary number of car. Later you can update the number.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 21:43   #6123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure why the dealer is not helping you to sort this out. Usually dealers will take care of all these, be it any fat tag. And for Fast Tag, Chassis Number is sufficient and later you can update the vehicle number in their system. Isn't this a common situation for any new car registration, why is there a trouble.
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 21:50   #6124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bengaluru (and guess elsewhere too) RTO has mandated fastag to register a new car. And if we want to procure fastag from PayTM, they mandate vehicle RC!
This is India-wide, and the dealers deal with this problem just fine.
Old 24th June 2022, 22:15   #6125
BHPian

Quote:

So my doubt is this -- From a brand new, pre-registered vehicle still with the dealer, can we get a PayTM fastag with just engine & chassis number, which can then be given to the RTO for the registration process ?

or
vice-versa -- how to get fastag from PayTM with engine/chassis numbers only, and provide this to RTO for completing registration formalities !?

Can someone point out solution for this, TIA !
Yes, you can get FasTag for a pre registered car but not possible through PayTM app. You can get it from a local PayTM agent or any other tag provider agent. This is what dealers do across the country with different FasTag providers.

In my case of new car registration, I wanted only PayTM tag but dealer had some other option. So he got the car registered with just another random tag without pasting it (Kushaq has that nifty ticket holder). It is more of a physical tag check at RTO during registration. Thanks to Vaahan, I got the number same day and RC next day in digilocker. So applied for PayTM with the digilocker RC/vehicle number and got tag from my preferred supplier.

Just ask your friends dealer do the same.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 06:59   #6126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Yes, you can get FasTag for a pre registered car but not possible through PayTM app. You can get it from a local PayTM agent or any other tag provider agent. This is what dealers do across the country with different FasTag providers.
<snip>
Just ask your friends dealer do the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This is India-wide, and the dealers deal with this problem just fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Not sure why the dealer is not helping you to sort this out. Usually dealers will take care of all these, <snip>
Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
You will get the fastag on temporary number of car. Later you can update the number.
Thanks all, for the inputs!

I will ask my friend to do as per suggested - as he would prefer to procure the new tag from Paytm itself, obviously to have better control over multiple tags.
Old 25th June 2022, 08:56   #6127
BHPian

Came across a YT video (not sure if its fake) about a new kind of scam to siphon off money off your fastag.

tldr (to avoid promoting fake videos just in case) :
people approach you to clean windshields and siphon off money off your fastag using a smartwatch

1. Is this technically possible, considering these tags are being used to pay for parking, fuel etc.
2. If yes, whats stopping anybody from taking out money from parked cars with fastag
3. What can be done as a safeguard (Paytm has an option to disable the fastag temporarily from the app)

Sorry if its already discussed.

Last edited by kochup : 25th June 2022 at 09:08. Reason: added tldr
kochup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 09:01   #6128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Came across a YT video (not sure if its fake) about a new kind of scam to siphon off money off your fastag.
Dang !! I just posted this and I see you put up the same video !!
So edited my post to quote yours .. :-D

Btw these days there are whatsapp forward fake videos which claim that people begging at Signals pretend to clean your windshield and then scan and syphon out money from your FastTag sticker.

I highly doubt this is possible, because all the beneficiary accounts for a FastTag are authorized and approved by NHAI.

Last edited by Fillmore : 25th June 2022 at 09:04.
Fillmore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 09:27   #6129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post

1. Is this technically possible, considering these tags are being used to pay for parking, fuel etc.
2. If yes, whats stopping anybody from taking out money from parked cars with fastag
3. What can be done as a safeguard (Paytm has an option to disable the fastag temporarily from the app)

Sorry if its already discussed.
NETC has tweeted on this. It is not technically possible to deduct amount from Fastag. If this was the case, one can easy use such devices when cars are parked. One stroll around a mall parking lot will be sufficient to swindle thousands.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-whatsapp-image-20220625-7.20.18-am.jpeg  

speedmiester is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 17:05   #6130
BHPian

OK I came here to let you know that moving Paytm fastag from one wallet to another is fast and easy, I just consolidated Fastags of our Nano and A-Star in one wallet in less than 10 minutes. The process requires one OTP and front and back pic of RC. Transfer is done in a few minutes only.
Mohitkumaar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 17:27   #6131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
NETC has tweeted on this. It is not technically possible to deduct amount from Fastag.
NPCI clarifies the things :

Quote:
Please note that there are baseless and false videos circulating on Social media. Do understand the below points:

1. No transactions can be executed through open internet connectivity.

2. No financial transactions can be initiated without all the pre-requisites mentioned in the image.

NPCI has already taken action to respond to these videos and delist them from the Social media platforms.
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-smartselect_20220625172601_twitter.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 00:41   #6132
BHPian

Has anyone been facing issues with recharging their HDFC fastag, especially via Google Pay?
I've been trying for the past few days and each time the transaction fails.
I've been able to make payments to other vendors so clearly it ain't an issue with G-Pay.
Old 26th June 2022, 08:02   #6133
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Has anyone been facing issues with recharging their HDFC fastag, especially via Google Pay?
I've been trying for the past few days and each time the transaction fails.
I've been able to make payments to other vendors so clearly it ain't an issue with G-Pay.
Even I have HDFC FasTag and GPay is how I recharge it. Have not faced any issues. Have recharged 2-3 times in last 10 days.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 23:18   #6134
BHPian

Just completed a quick dash to the hills and back after the installation of my new Fastag. Crossed a total of 6 tolls (3 each side) and the new Fastag worked flawlessly. Zero issues.

I do have an observation, though. In all of the tolls I have crossed using my old Paytm Fastag, I used to get the deduction message and/or email after a few kilometers had passed. On an average, I would get the toll deduction message after I had driven for 3-4 kilometers from the toll barrier. In my new Amazon - ICICI Fastag, this hasn't been the case, yet. I got each of the the deduction messages (with details) as well as an email within a few meters of crossing the toll barrier. I'm impressed.

Last edited by barcalad : 27th June 2022 at 23:20.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 23:52   #6135
Senior - BHPian

Canceling an ICICI Fastag account was a seamless process. I had sold my car and placed the cancellation request after logging into the ICICI Fastag website. After a few days, got an SMS that the tag is deactivated and the balance got credited to my account after some weeks (within the time that was mentioned at the time of cancellation). No follow-up or any branch visits were required.
Jaguar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks