Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2022, 10:45   #6061
Senior - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
It happened again. This time for a toll at Khed. 110 Rs deducted. Shall I cancel this Fast Tag? I have again applied for a refund. The turn around time is 30-40 days for the refund. Shall I go for another vendor or ask HDFC for a new tag cancelling the existing one?
Same is happening with me with HDFC Fast Tag. I think all such reported problems are with HDFC only.
2000rpm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 11:00   #6062
BHPian

Quote:
I actually have another Paytm fast tag which was not activated since at the time of the Fast tag getting mandatory HDFC was not responding quickly enough to activate my fast tag. Can I activate my Paytm Fast tag and cancel HDFC once activated?
You can, you may need to inform HDFC to deactivate the tag -please refer HDFC Fastag FAQ page.

Activating multiple windshield pasted Fastag for any vehicle will result in multiple deductions due to user error and that, I believe, cannot be claimed for refund.
waypoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 11:54   #6063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by waypoint View Post
You can, you may need to inform HDFC to deactivate the tag -please refer HDFC Fastag FAQ page.

Activating multiple windshield pasted Fastag for any vehicle will result in multiple deductions due to user error and that, I believe, cannot be claimed for refund.
I plan to remove the HDFC tag from the car and paste the Paytm one as soon as it is activated so this issue should not come.
Old 6th May 2022, 20:38   #6064
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
I plan to remove the HDFC tag from the car and paste the Paytm one as soon as it is activated so this issue should not come.
Is it even possible to activate a new Tag when the previous one is Active? I read few posts here itself how people who purchased used cars could not get FasTag because previous owner has not made it inactive.
Old 7th May 2022, 10:16   #6065
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
Is it even possible to activate a new Tag when the previous one is Active? I read few posts here itself how people who purchased used cars could not get FasTag because previous owner has not made it inactive.
While I was getting my HDFC tag deactivated, I checked the status of my Paytm tag and it stated active. I even called the Paytm helpline to verify same and they confirmed it is active. So it seems I had two active Fast tags at the same time.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 10:59   #6066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is it even possible to activate a new Tag when the previous one is Active?
I still have two tags for my Polo. When I purchased the car I ordered one through HDFC's (horrible) online system but an imminent trip required me to order another through Paytm which had a much shorter lead time. So my car has the Paytm one pasted and the HDFC one sits inside my documents drawer, still in its original packaging.
binand is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2022, 12:44   #6067
BHPian

Quote:
Is it even possible to activate a new Tag when the previous one is Active?
I remember I saw that in the fine printed TnC that came along as paperwork with fastag. However, rules and implementations might have changed now as long time has gone by since the enforcement.
waypoint is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2022, 16:00   #6068
BHPian

Quote:

Just remove the tag and install a new one. Don't drag yourself in the sunk cost fallacy. I had a IDFC fastag that never worked from day 1 and it had 1500 INR balance. It was installed by the dealer itself. After wasting 3 months trying to rectify the issue, I just removed it and installed an Airtel Fastag at a highway counter. Documentation took 5 min and the voila, the tag worked without any issue on the next toll plaza.

Additionally, the advantage of using Paytm or Airtel fastags is they have counters outside almost every toll plaza, so in case it doesn't work, their executive at the counter can always help. The tags provided by the banks offer no human frontend, you are the mercy of customer care

Last edited by amey027 : 10th May 2022 at 16:03.
Old 14th May 2022, 12:50   #6069
BHPian

I'm trying to get an icici fastag for a new car. The online portal seems to require a RC copy. The RC apparently can take anywhere upto 90days to reach me as per the car dealer.

I'm not interested in digilocker. So I was trying to get the rc copy from vahan. But right before the download, the site asks us to acknowledge the following: "I understand that after taking RC print from this portal, I will not claim it from RTO/Dealer.".

I wonder what that means, does it mean an rc copy will not be sent to me if I proceed?

I understand that I can create the fastag using the chasis number and later update the registration number but I'd preferring registering with registration number itself right away if that is possible (also the online portal doesn't seem to have the chasis number way). Any pointers?

Last edited by blitz_nomad : 14th May 2022 at 13:00. Reason: typo corrected
Old 14th May 2022, 17:37   #6070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz_nomad View Post
I'm trying to get an icici fastag for a new car. The online portal seems to require a RC copy. The RC apparently can take anywhere upto 90days to reach me as per the car dealer.

I'm not interested in digilocker. So I was trying to get the rc copy from vahan. But right before the download, the site asks us to acknowledge the following: "I understand that after taking RC print from this portal, I will not claim it from RTO/Dealer.".

I wonder what that means, does it mean an rc copy will not be sent to me if I proceed?

I understand that I can create the fastag using the chasis number and later update the registration number but I'd preferring registering with registration number itself right away if that is possible (also the online portal doesn't seem to have the chasis number way). Any pointers?
Are you sure the portal is asking to upload RC copy? I ordered for my brand new car before the delivery, with just the RC number and received the tag within a week (on the day of car delivery). No RC copy was needed neither asked. Once you have the RC number, you can order online with your ID card upload.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 14th May 2022 at 17:42.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2022, 19:21   #6071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Are you sure the portal is asking to upload RC copy? I ordered for my brand new car before the delivery, with just the RC number and received the tag within a week (on the day of car delivery). No RC copy was needed neither asked. Once you have the RC number, you can order online with your ID card upload.
Yes. It asks for ID Proof upload as well as rc copy upload. The link I used is in the post itself. Did you also use the same? I'm surprised you were able to do it without uploading it. So all that had to give was the vehicle number?
Old 14th May 2022, 20:47   #6072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz_nomad View Post
Yes. It asks for ID Proof upload as well as rc copy upload. The link I used is in the post itself. Did you also use the same? I'm surprised you were able to do it without uploading it. So all that had to give was the vehicle number?
Let me share some details. I already had Icici bank account and all I had to do was click on buy fastag after logging into my netbanking. Within few minutes I was able to place order for tag without any additional document as it considered KYC of my savings account itself as proof. All I had to do was to enter my RC number and other details. If you have ICICI account, then I'd recommend this process.

I went with Icici because of this convenience as the dealer was providing some random bank tag I was not keen on.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 14th May 2022 at 20:54.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2022, 17:44   #6073
Senior - BHPian

I got a PayTm FasTag when I got my car and the tag have only the VIN number since RC was not issued when the FasTag was issued.

I got a message in the PayTm app saying that I have to update the registration number within XX days (forgot the time limit), but for the life of me, I am not able to figure out how to update the RC number. I called PayTm customer care and they also could not help.

I got the same message a few days back again, but I am still at a loss on how to do it.

Is there anyone here who has updated the RC number in their PayTm FasTag? If yes, please help me with the steps.

--Anoop
Old 17th May 2022, 22:23   #6074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I got a PayTm FasTag when I got my car and the tag have only the VIN number since RC was not issued when the FasTag was issued.

Is there anyone here who has updated the RC number in their PayTm FasTag? If yes, please help me with the steps.

--Anoop
Please try the below steps

1. Click on Manage FasTag and click on your active FasTag

2. Select change vehicle number option (last one)

3. Enter vehicle number and upload RC copy and submit

I think it will take a day or two for the change to be applied
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 09:50   #6075
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please try the below steps

1. Click on Manage FasTag and click on your active FasTag

2. Select change vehicle number option (last one)

3. Enter vehicle number and upload RC copy and submit

I think it will take a day or two for the change to be applied
Thank you. Surprisingly, I could see a 'Add vehicle number' link today and I uploaded the RC copy.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks