Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2022, 15:43   #6046
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Urgent solution would be try recharging it with UPI. Attachment 2295328
Albeit do it with a smaller amount first. If your KYC is complete I don't think you'll face any issues. Source for reference.
Now I tried recharging the Fastag through my PhonePe. It asks for either the vehicle number of registered mobile number. On entering either of it, an error is thrown - Your Fastag details are currently unavailable.

However on searching my email, I saw an email which has provided a Wallet ID. Will parking an amount in this wallet tantamount to be a recharge?
Old 11th April 2022, 15:59   #6047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
However on searching my email, I saw an email which has provided a Wallet ID. Will parking an amount in this wallet tantamount to be a recharge?
Even if the Fastag recharge is successful, it is doubtful whether it will work at a toll plaza unless the KYC issue is sorted out. Would suggest to follow up regarding the KYC and get it completed.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 16:02   #6048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Now I tried recharging the Fastag through my PhonePe. It asks for either the vehicle number of registered mobile number. On entering either of it, an error is thrown - Your Fastag details are currently unavailable.

There are two ways of recharging Fastag via UPI - one is through BBPS (Bill Pay > Recharge Fastag) and the other is via person-to-person money transfer using the VPA netc.vehiclenumber@issuingbank (eg: netc.KA01NK5678@paytm).

But if your KYC is incomplete and the issuing bank has halted recharge because of that, it is very unlikely that any method of recharging would work for you. You should get the KYC sorted out or shift to a different bank's Fastag.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 17:44   #6049
BHPian

My wife went to InOrbit Mall, Malad (Mumbai) today and there is parking charge of Rs. 60 which they deduct from Fastag. My car's Fastag is from IDFC First Bank and I can see the transaction in the statement online but I never got any SMS about the deduction.

But when I recharged the Fastag, I did get SMS from them. What gives?
Old 24th April 2022, 08:05   #6050
Senior - BHPian

My sisters MG ZS has the VIN of the car instead of the registration number in the Fast-tag. She was able to top up the account , but has never crossed a toll yet. Today for the first time, we are heading to the airport and was wondering if this will work with the VIN instead of the registration number?
If not, can we change the VIN to the reg number online?

Last edited by tharian : 24th April 2022 at 08:06.
Old 24th April 2022, 09:17   #6051
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
My sisters MG ZS has the VIN of the car instead of the registration number in the Fast-tag... if this will work with the VIN instead of the registration number?
My car (bought in 2018) has the VIN instead of the registration number (because I had a specific number requirement and that had a delay of about 1 month). I have been using it this way ever since - no problem so far. I recharge with netc.maj...(vin)@paytm and it all works seamlessly. It has gone through dozens of toll booths in all the South Indian states.

Having said that - there could be non-NPCI software that makes assumptions in this aspect. Yesterday my tag couldn't pay for parking at Shantiniketan Mall. Now that you mention it this could be the reason.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2022, 09:27   #6052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My sisters MG ZS has the VIN of the car instead of the registration number in the Fast-tag. She was able to top up the account , but has never crossed a toll yet. Today for the first time, we are heading to the airport and was wondering if this will work with the VIN instead of the registration number?
It should not be problem at the highway toll plaza. Most of new cars come with VIN instead of registration number as the dealer has tie up with tag providers to get the tag using VIN. But only annoying thing is to remember VIN number for any login or UPI recharge. Once you receive RC card, you could update registration number online or by visiting branch (depends on your tag provider so you can call customer care and check).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 24th April 2022 at 09:32.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 10:48   #6053
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this true.

FASTag system to end soon

Source

Quote:
The pilot project of the new toll system is being tested in India. The amount of toll is charged according to the number of kilometres the vehicle travels on the highway. Due to the success of this procedure in European countries, preparations are being made to implement it in India as well.

The government is preparing to bring a new system of toll collection by abolishing the FASTag system . Now the central government is planning to collect toll tax using the satellite navigation system. According to sources the new system is already being tested as a pilot project in India.

In this system, the toll has to be paid according to the number of kilometres the vehicle travels on the highway. Under the new system the more kilometres you drive on the highway or expressway, the more toll will be charged.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st May 2022 at 11:47. Reason: Fixing broken URL
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 11:37   #6054
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Not sure if this true.

Source
This is a long term vision and I don't think we are anywhere close to practical implementation. Sometimes news are also click bait
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 18:02   #6055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this true.

Source
This has been going on for a while now (4 years: https://www.deccanherald.com/content...tem-delhi.html). I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Even if the project is ready to be rolled out all over India now, it will not obsolete Fastags immediately. A 100-rupee tag they might have had no trouble getting the bulk of vehicle owners to install; but when it comes to a much more expensive GPS sensor and associated data requirements etc. it might not be that easy for them.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 20:37   #6056
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
...when it comes to a much more expensive GPS sensor and associated data requirements etc. it might not be that easy for them.
It'd be a herculean task as is, now esp. so given the global semiconductor situation. I suspect this won't get off the ground at scale anytime soon.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 10:04   #6057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... was wondering if this will work with the VIN instead of the registration number?
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My car (bought in 2018) has the VIN instead of the registration number (because I had a specific number requirement and that had a delay of about 1 month).

Having said that - there could be non-NPCI software that makes assumptions in this aspect. Yesterday my tag couldn't pay for parking at Shantiniketan Mall. Now that you mention it this could be the reason.
You get the Fastag during vehicle registration. Once you get the registration certificate, you need to update the vehicle RC and a photo of the vehicle with the number plate installed, in updated in the issuer's system. Till then, it is the VIN that gets correlated to the Fastag.

And yes, I have same issue here. Vehicle used by wife who works in a bank and has not submitted these 2 documents to the issuer who is her own Bank, a different office in a different City.

Quote:
Not sure if this true.

Source

This thread is 7 years old. Fastag is more than 3-4 years before that. And still not universal. Life of a vehicle is 15 years, right?

In a country where digital payments .... Aw that is politics. look at it this way - In all countries, there will be several People who don't want their movements tracked by their family.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 23:38   #6058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just received a SMS today in the evening that 70 Rs has been dedcuted from myFast tag wallet at Anewadi Toll Plaza which is close to Satara in Maharasthtra while my car is parked at my home in Mumbai.

Called up the HDFC fast tag helpline about the same, they asked to submit via mail pics of the car, RC book and a statement of the wallet to their disputes department. Have submitted the details and awaiting response.

My car is not even used much due the pandemic situation. Since Mar 2020 till date it has done only ~600 kms more. Magically it has travelled to Anewadi which is more than 250 kms from my home.

I hope the issue gets solved.
It happened again. This time for a toll at Khed. 110 Rs deducted. Shall I cancel this Fast Tag? I have again applied for a refund. The turn around time is 30-40 days for the refund. Shall I go for another vendor or ask HDFC for a new tag cancelling the existing one?

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 4th May 2022 at 23:40.
Old 5th May 2022, 00:14   #6059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shall I go for another vendor or ask HDFC for a new tag cancelling the existing one?
Is there a method to withdraw what is there in the wallet other than by payment of toll? If so, please do it. My suggestion is to cancel the existing tag and get a new one. The tag has a serial number linked to your vehicle's VIN, and registration details. This has been messed up by HDFC. Since things are not frequent, this might be an innocent private car who might be wondering why he/ she is not getting any SMS. Or an outright fraud. I prefer to be defensive and presume the latter till proved otherwise.

And for my post just above, tried loading cash into the fasttag after 2 years. The Yono app wanted a copy of the PAN card, and uploading that was failing. After several attempts, and delay in travel, succeeded just as we were 1 car behind at the toll. In the meantime, Not knowing what to expect, had told wife who was driving to go to left most Lane, and we took out cash, suddenly, the card was read, and we sailed through. The registration number and fastag are not yet linked though, and we are unable to recharge through Google pay.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2022, 10:21   #6060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It happened again. This time for a toll at Khed. 110 Rs deducted. Shall I cancel this Fast Tag? I have again applied for a refund. The turn around time is 30-40 days for the refund. Shall I go for another vendor or ask HDFC for a new tag cancelling the existing one?
I actually have another Paytm fast tag which was not activated since at the time of the Fast tag getting mandatory HDFC was not responding quickly enough to activate my fast tag. Can I activate my Paytm Fast tag and cancel HDFC once activated?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks