Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2021, 22:59   #5671
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slango97 View Post
Dear BHPians

Facing an issue with our SBI Fastag. We are ppl who rarely use the highways even in normal times, let alone during a pandemic.
However, I need to go out of town tomorrow (from Chennai till Erode) for some personal stuff.

I am unable to recharge our SBI Fastag as it says 'Limited KYC account'. The customer service agent says it will take 7 working days to verify the KYC details and told me to pay cash instead for my trip.

Are toll plazas in TN still taking cash in April 2021? All news articles say February 15th was the last day for cash...Please advice.
PM me with your registered mobile number and vehicle details.

I will see what can be done.
KA18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 18:12   #5672
BHPian

This "KYC" obsession of babus reflects their 1950s mindset. After all everyone keeps few 100 rupees there, not as if running drug biz or gun running. But in my FASTAG welcome letter it said without KYC you can keep up to Rs.10k which should be sufficient for a trip?!
Old 20th April 2021, 14:26   #5673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slango97 View Post
Dear BHPians

Facing an issue with our SBI Fastag.

Are toll plazas in TN still taking cash in April 2021? All news articles say February 15th was the last day for cash...Please advice.
Yes they accept, but double the cost and no same day return toll. There is one or two cash lanes, so please try to use that.

Last edited by Ananthang : 20th April 2021 at 14:27.
Ananthang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 15:56   #5674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
This "KYC" obsession of babus reflects their 1950s mindset.
There was no KYC concept in the 1950s, was there?
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 17:41   #5675
BHPian

I have a PayTM fast tag and only the VIN/body numbers are attached to it. How do I include the car reg number ? TIA.

I used ICICI fas tag earlier. PayTM fast tag is WAY ahead of others. Takes <3 secs to top up. Transactions are easy to browse thru. Very happy.
Old 26th April 2021, 17:53   #5676
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I used ICICI fas tag earlier. PayTM fast tag is WAY ahead of others. Takes <3 secs to top up. Transactions are easy to browse thru. Very happy.
I take the same time, via UPI and mine is ICICI. I think today, we all know that UPI ID linked to your tag has made things super easy to top-up that balance .
Old 26th April 2021, 19:21   #5677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I have a PayTM fast tag and only the VIN/body numbers are attached to it. How do I include the car reg number?
I have been using it with the VIN for 3 years now. Have never faced an issue. Don't bother, I'd say.
Old 26th April 2021, 20:05   #5678
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Experience with the tolls en route BIAL and just after (towards Hyderabad). I recently traveled up to Nandi cross road passing by the BIAL toll and the next toll almost immediately after that. I returned within couple of hours but I received 4 SMSes for debits of Rs.50 and Rs.95 twice!

On carefully reading them I realized that only one each was an actual debit (balance did not reduce in the second/return direction transaction).

I cross checked with the ICICI Fastag app and it just shows 2 debits, one each for Rs.50 and Rs.95

So it is working correctly but the SMS messages are really confusing

Last edited by Aditya : 28th April 2021 at 20:30. Reason: As requested
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 19:58   #5679
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear All,

Had a query : we purchased a pre-owned vehicle last month. The car was already registered under fastag. The tag was damaged and removed during post purchase polishing - no biggie as we were anyways planning to get a new tag linked to our account.

Unfortunately, it seems I cannot apply for a new tag until the existing tag is cancelled : mostly to prevent fraud.

While the fix should be easy, unfortunately since the seller is not in the country and the broker hasn't had any luck getting the needful done / log-in details.
At the same time, the RTO which is processing the transfer documents is closed / reduced staff due to Lockdown so even that is taking some time.

Any way to rectify this and get a new fastag issued, as we would require it for any outstation runs.

EDIT: We tried applying through a different bank (Axis instead of HDFC), but that too is not possible.
Old 28th April 2021, 21:05   #5680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Unfortunately, it seems I cannot apply for a new tag until the existing tag is cancelled : mostly to prevent fraud.
It is possible to have two fastags for same car. In fact, I had ordered one fastag from axis bank online. Since I didn't receive it even after 2-3 weeks, I purchased fastag for same car from IFDC bank agents who had put a stall in the office.

After 1 month of using IFDC fastag on highway tolls, I got axis bank fastag through courier.

I cancelled axis bank fastag after few days and got back my amount.

If you want, please DM me. I can share same agent contact details. If you call him, he can issue fastag from IDFC bank in 10 minutes upon submission of adhar and RC card softcopy and you will receive through courier in a day if you are in Bangalore. Else it may take 2-3 days.

Last edited by gkveda : 28th April 2021 at 21:08.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 23:41   #5681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Dear All,

Our car came with an Eqitas Fastag from the dealer, and I was not fond of the recharge process. It took a hell of a lot of time to recharge. I don't have to think about the mindless times that I forgot the password as it doesn't support any password manager. Android app was crap and there was no iOS app which was important for me. Anyways, I decided to close the Equitas Fastag, but they asked me for a cheque book and more proofs. I don't even remember using a cheque book. I made up my mind for Paytm Fastag, and it arrived in three days. I removed the old tag and pasted the new one. Try Paytm Fastag once.

It's been four months, and I have two tags active.
gasinveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 00:51   #5682
BHPian

A brief review of my experience with HDFC Fastag. Overall very disappointing.

It was issued by a dealer and not HDFC directly. This became an issue getting it activated. And a bigger issue while getting a replacement tag. Went around in circles trying to get a replacement tag. Their helpdesk, the dealer, HDFC bank branch - none of them could give a proper and straight forward answer. Their website is pretty awful. Different error from different browsers. When you finally log in there are hardly any self service request options besides recharging the account. So I called the dealer again who finally sent me a new tag after charging me 200/- but it was never linked to my existing wallet. When I tried it at a nearby toll it ended up as a blacklisted tag. Fed up I called their toll free helpdesk one last time and placed a request for closing my wallet. There was thousand odd rupees in the account which I wanted refunded. I was told it would take 14 days to receive a DD in my name. Fortunately they kept their word on this.

As soon as I had placed a wallet closure request on HDFC I placed an online request for ICICI Fastag. Website is very decent and the process is straight forward. Within two days the uploaded documents were verified and the account was marked active. Within 5 days the Fastag was delivered to my address. Tested at the nearby toll again, and it worked as expected. Online portal gives a lot of self service options unlike the poorly designed HDFC one. Only consolation with HDFC was that I never faced any issues at the tolls. No failed readings, no manual cash payment or incorrect deductions. I expect the ICICI one also should work the same way. And I hope long term experience will be much better than HDFC.
Old 29th April 2021, 16:37   #5683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
I made up my mind for Paytm Fastag, and it arrived in three days. I removed the old tag and pasted the new one. Try Paytm Fastag once.

It's been four months, and I have two tags active.
Thank you, will give this a shot once we get the updated RC Card from the RTO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
It is possible to have two fastags for same car. In fact, I had ordered one fastag from axis bank online. Since I didn't receive it even after 2-3 weeks, I purchased fastag for same car from IFDC bank agents who had put a stall in the office.

After 1 month of using IFDC fastag on highway tolls, I got axis bank fastag through courier.

I cancelled axis bank fastag after few days and got back my amount.

If you want, please DM me. I can share same agent contact details. If you call him, he can issue fastag from IDFC bank in 10 minutes upon submission of adhar and RC card softcopy and you will receive through courier in a day if you are in Bangalore. Else it may take 2-3 days.
Thank you so much!

Not in Bangalore, but will PM you for his number once the RC comes as they will require it.
Have also emailed HDFC and awaiting their response since we have an account with them for another vehicle already. If not, will trouble you for the agent's details.

We tried registering it under Axis, even though the original was from HDFC - but no luck as the database seems to be shared and it comes up as already active & registered.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 17:09   #5684
BHPian

I have a question! If one of my cars has a fastag and now I know that this car would be in my garage and would not be used, can I use that fastag on my other car?

I'm thinking, ideally, the above should not work right? Since they have the RC copy, I am sure that the fastag is tagged to the vehicle number and using it on another car will cause issues at the toll gate!

Appreciate folks clearing my doubt in advance!
Old 29th April 2021, 17:42   #5685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
I have a question! If one of my cars has a fastag and now I know that this car would be in my garage and would not be used, can I use that fastag on my other car?

I'm thinking, ideally, the above should not work right? Since they have the RC copy, I am sure that the fastag is tagged to the vehicle number and using it on another car will cause issues at the toll gate!

Appreciate folks clearing my doubt in advance!
It is not right legally. But, technically it is possible.

If you read this thread, there are several complaints by BHPians in many posts that the cash got deducted from their fastag for a lorry or some other vehicle in front.

This means, some vehicle in front has used your tag reading and escaped from toll.

If the above is possible, then, technically, you can move your car out with other cars fastag.

But legally it is wrong.

Last edited by gkveda : 29th April 2021 at 17:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks