Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2020, 22:45   #5011
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
PhonePe was majorly affected since they used Yes Bank as a gateway. Maybe GooglePay had a similar issue?
Oh, I guess that could explain why my initial attempt with Google Pay didn't work.

On the IDFC FASTag website, I used my ICICI CC and I got the debit sms from my bank and the FASTag credit sms almost instantly after completing the transaction. So, that shouldn't have been an issue per se, right?

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 10th March 2020 at 22:47.
Old 11th March 2020, 07:31   #5012
Team-BHP Support

Late to join the FASTtag party, but, worth it. I got one from AirTel. Works flawlessly and the time saving is a big bonus, totally worth it.

Just one thing I missed while pasting the sticker, I should have pasted it at a point where the IRVM's back portion obscures the view and the wiper's sweep area would have covered it.

Have made a note for the next car or next FASTtag installation.
Old 11th March 2020, 10:30   #5013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Late to join the FASTtag party, but, worth it. I got one from AirTel. Works flawlessly and the time saving is a big bonus, totally worth it.
Have made a note for the next car or next FASTtag installation.
Sheel, Sir, I took the advise on this thread and pasted my FasTag on a clear plastic phone protector and pasted the protector on the windshield with clear adhesive tape.
This would have allowed me to locate the fastag at various places on the windshield but on my solo outstation trip, the tag worked flawlessly and now I have decided to leave it there - directly behind the OVRM.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2020, 10:58   #5014
BHPian

I cancelled my AXIS tag after 4 years of usage, their replacement took eternity and I lost my patience with their laid back customer care. Fastag got delivered, been using their tag in another car of mine and app/recharge methods are very thoughful and user friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkbv View Post

1) Do all of you recharge using "Funds Transfer" option?
IMPS is the fastest way.

Quote:
2) I got an SMS from Axis Bank this morning about successful recharge to FasTag. Doesn't FasTag send those messages?
Yes.

Quote:
3) As i start going through toll plaza, how do I know my balance? Do I need to manually remember?
Unfortunately, yes for Axis! SMS is not synchronized to usage and no useful App available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
I wanted to top up the Fastag with another 500 before I start the trip, but could not find any topup / recharge option. Am I missing something, kindly help please.
For Paytm, keep the wallet topped up and you are good. Use cards or UPI for topping up.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th March 2020 at 23:33. Reason: Please DO NOT respond within quotes, makes it difficult for someone to quote/respond further. Use multi-quote instead.
Old 18th March 2020, 11:30   #5015
Distinguished - BHPian

ICICI fastag - Pathetic customer care and delay in getting replacement tag

I had requested for a replacement tag from ICICI, 2 weeks ago. I have not got it yet. Customer care is useless and keep repeating that they will ship it in a week.

I ignored the earlier feedback from fellow members about the poor customer care of ICICI in providing replacement tag. Experiencing it now!

Tag detection and reliability is excellent . Customer care is PATHETIC!
Old 19th March 2020, 22:18   #5016
Distinguished - BHPian

Trying to help a friend get a Fastag. Only issue is he is not a cyber-savvy person, doesnt use computers at all.

So question is:
Is there anyway he can do an off-line recharge ? Which service provider allows this ?
He doesnt use PayTM so want to avoid that.
Old 19th March 2020, 22:52   #5017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Trying to help a friend get a Fastag. Only issue is he is not a cyber-savvy person, doesnt use computers at all.

So question is:
Is there anyway he can do an off-line recharge ? Which service provider allows this ?

Try any local bank branches that provide fastag.

I use South Indian Bank fastag that I picked up from their branch, I walked in with my car's RC book, a passport size photo, driving license as address proof, paid in cash and I was handed over a tag on the spot. They have an offline application form which you have to fill and they take pictures of your RC Book, address proof and car ( 1 picture with number plate visible and another from side).

I got SMS that my fastag was activated some 8 hours later even though the person from bank branch said it will take 24 hours to activate.

They also said that if I want I can recharge it using cash at their branch but I haven't tried recharging it that way

Hope this helps
Old 20th March 2020, 00:59   #5018
BHPian

Quote:

So question is:
SBI and a few other Bank fastags do allow you to recharge through agents.
Old 20th March 2020, 08:33   #5019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mechanic View Post
Try any local bank branches that provide fastag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA18 View Post
SBI and a few other Bank fastags do allow you to recharge through agents.
Thanks, @The Mechanic & KA18.

Getting the fastag is a one-time activity. Will have to check locations of such branches that allow off-line charging, before getting the tag. Hope you get the drift. ..
Old 20th March 2020, 08:37   #5020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, @The Mechanic & KA18. Getting the fastag is a one-time activity. Will have to check locations of such branches that allow off-line charging, before getting the tag. Hope you get the drift. ..
If your friend gets the tag from a bank branch, he can top it up using UPI. For ICICI, one can top up the FASTag balance via UPI by making a payment to netc.(vehicle number)@icici

Example: netc.mh01ab1234@icici

I am sure other banks would also have a similar facility.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 11:27   #5021
Distinguished - BHPian

We did a round trip yesterday -BLR-Hiriyur-Huliyar-Sira-BLR. In at least 3 booths, I felt that the scanners were disabled, and the operators were entering the vehicle numbers on their computer.

Suspected the same approach on the BLR-Hassan Road a few days back when I did a BLR-CR Patna round trip.

Has anyone else noticed this ?
Old 20th March 2020, 11:38   #5022
BHPian

Does anyone know how to update the vehicle number in ICICI FastTag account?
I received my tag along with the new car and since the number was not allotted by then, they have entered VIN of my car in the place of registration number. I have raised two complaints in their portal along with RC as evidence for number, it's been more than 6 months and till now they haven't updated. Tried calling their customer care but the wait time exceeded 20 mins so got frustrated and dropped the call. Does anyone know a better way of updating the number?

Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 13:53   #5023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Does anyone know how to update the vehicle number in ICICI FastTag account?
I received my tag along with the new car and since the number was not allotted by then, they have entered VIN of my car in the place of registration number. I have raised two complaints in their portal along with RC as evidence for number, it's been more than 6 months and till now they haven't updated. Tried calling their customer care but the wait time exceeded 20 mins so got frustrated and dropped the call. Does anyone know a better way of updating the number?

Thanks
Same issue with my car. I have downloaded pockets by icici - Link to recharge my FasTag.
And view my transactions via the ICICI FasTag app.

Like a mobile porting, I would like to know if I can transfer my existing tag to any other bank?

Last edited by neofromcapone : 20th March 2020 at 13:56. Reason: grammer
Old 20th March 2020, 15:29   #5024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
Does anyone know how to update the vehicle number in ICICI FastTag account?Thanks

You can do it from the fastag account portal

Login to your fastag account and go to "View Tag Account Summary" >> "Manage Vehicles" >> "Edit"
The Edit link is the second last column in the table that lists your vehicle and just has an icon, no text.

Edit the Licence plate number and click update.
Two new fields to enter the RC number and to upload the RC copy become visible.
Once you add those details, you can submit.

It will go through an approval process before the details get actually updated.
Not sure how long the approval process takes. I just did it this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
Same issue with my car. I have downloaded pockets by icici - Link to recharge my FasTag.
I am not able to get the pockets app to work. Get an error that your mobile number is already registered with us.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 18:24   #5025
BHPian

Update my HDFC FastTag woes...

Crying hoarse since November 2019 to return my money. All they say is they are "investigating".

For the love of god, AVOID HDFC Bank. For anything, I would say. I don't have a choice as my Salary account lies there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks