Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2019, 15:15   #4381
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
What was your mode of application ? offline/online ?
I applied online on the ICICI web site.

It asks for all information and one identity proof which you have to upload.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 16:07   #4382
BHPian

I got Airtel fastag from nearest toll plaza(Dankuni toll plaza near kolkata). I had airtel app installed in my phone.So i just activated airtel payments bank, transferred some balance in it & applied for fastag through the app. The guy in the counter recieved the application & assigned a fastag to me. The fastag was activated in 10 minutes. I just paid 150 rupees as minimum balance to keep it active.
Old 20th December 2019, 18:31   #4383
Senior - BHPian

This is odd. I had transferred Rs. 1500/- to Axis bank fastag account via citibank NEFT 3 days ago and still it has not reflected in account. Citibank confirms the transaction is successful. Axis bank balance does not show the same and even after calling customer support number (it worked finally this morning) they too confirmed that amount is not deposited. But they asked the NEFT transaction number and promised to undo the transaction in 48 hours. This mode of tag charging had worked 10 days ago, now it did not work
To just do an experiment I transferred Rs. 100 to the account via Credit card and it worked immediately today.
What's going on?
Old 20th December 2019, 18:34   #4384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by concorde24 View Post
-> Please check under Paytm App - Recharges>Toll & Fastag>Manage Fastag>Manage Fastags> and check if the vehicle number is ACTIVE.
I don't find my vehicle number, though there is a wallet with Rs 150 balance in it. The shop fellow says the number will show after we do one transaction in a toll. Now what? Can others with a Paytm Fastag confirm about this?
Old 20th December 2019, 18:48   #4385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
This is odd. I had transferred Rs. 1500/- to Axis bank fastag account via citibank NEFT 3 days ago and still it has not reflected in account. Citibank confirms the transaction is successful. Axis bank balance does not show the same and even after calling customer support number (it worked finally this morning) they too confirmed that amount is not deposited. But they asked the NEFT transaction number and promised to undo the transaction in 48 hours. This mode of tag charging had worked 10 days ago, now it did not work
To just do an experiment I transferred Rs. 100 to the account via Credit card and it worked immediately today.
What's going on?
IMO, Axis Bank's FASTag services is just for sakes. They don't care. Their systems don't work. You cannot do UPI transactions on 9 digit registration numbers and you pay a convenience fee for every other kind of transfer to their tags. I have discarded my Axis Tags and procured ICICI ones.
SumitB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 20:12   #4386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I don't find my vehicle number, though there is a wallet with Rs 150 balance in it. The shop fellow says the number will show after we do one transaction in a toll. Now what? Can others with a Paytm Fastag confirm about this?
Touch on manage fastags.

You will see all the tags attached to your wallet.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_201912202004542.png  

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot_201912202005072.png  

Old 20th December 2019, 20:37   #4387
Senior - BHPian

^^ I have already done so. It shows as "no data available".

I have raised a query through the app, since I could not find a voice support number.
Old 20th December 2019, 21:37   #4388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up about the fastag POS in chrompet. Got it from there and installed it immediately and did a trial run thru' the Chennai Tambaram bypass within 4 hours of installation.

The fastag was accepted both ways. However I do not see any transactions in the app nor is my fastag displayed under the manage fastag section. Looks like there is a glitch in the app.

Regarding the fastag acceptance, for the onward journey, the inbuilt scanner worked and for the return journey, a handheld scanner was used to scan the tag.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2019, 22:18   #4389
Senior - BHPian

Ok, if it goes through the toll plaza even if number does not show in the wallet, that is a relief. My trip is one week away, let us see if they resolve my query. I have received a reply they are working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _chikku View Post
Touch on manage fastags.
I am checking in exactly the same place. It says no data available.

Last edited by ampere : 21st December 2019 at 00:15. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 21st December 2019, 01:25   #4390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
In my case, it took 32 days to get the Tag from ICICI
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
I booked the fastag on 10th Dec and on 11th the account as activated. 12th I got an sms that the fastag was dispatched and I received it on the 13th by Bluedart.
I am happy to report that I received my fast tag yesterday (Dec. 20) ordered through ICICI website. It was delivered by Bluedart courier. So in my case it took 6 days for physical delivery.

Thanks to all of you for responding to my questions.
vikasshu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2019, 05:28   #4391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, if it goes through the toll plaza even if number does not show in the wallet, that is a relief. My trip is one week away, let us see if they resolve my query. I have received a reply they are working on it.
Got an alert in the wee hours of morning that 40 bucks has been debited from the wallet. You can also see the breakup of the wallet balance.

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-screenshot-20191221-5.25.16-am.png

I made a return trip, however the toll was deducted for one leg of the journey only.
Old 21st December 2019, 08:43   #4392
BHPian

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

First time used FASTag yesterday. Mixed experience.
Whats good - a. Most lanes are dedicated FASTtag lanes b. Relatively fast
what needs improvement- a. Strict control so that non FASTtag vehicles can not enter FASTag lanes b. Scanners dont work in most places and hand held scanners takes time c. Return trip calculation sometimes work and sometimes not. I was charged twice single trip toll when journey time was within 5 hours same day / date. d. Incorrect trip time specially if SMS is delayed.
Still a long way to go before things are really settled.
Old 21st December 2019, 09:23   #4393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
IMO, Axis Bank's FASTag services is just for sakes. They don't care. Their systems don't work. You cannot do UPI transactions on 9 digit registration numbers and you pay a convenience fee for every other kind of transfer to their tags. I have discarded my Axis Tags and procured ICICI ones.
I got my 1500/- credited back just now. It is interesting to know the root cause since NEFT is a better way to charge than Credit Card. I will use the Axis Bank tag for my next week's trip and later check whether to switch to other bank based on your opinion.

One question though. When you discard the tag how do they pay back the so called security deposit? Say in case I do not have an account with that bank and I do not wish to get a new tag from them again.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 21st December 2019 at 09:26.
Old 21st December 2019, 09:27   #4394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
I got my 1500/- credited back just now. It is interesting to know the root cause since NEFT is a better way to charge than Credit Card. I will use the Axis Bank tag for my next week's trip and later check whether to switch to other bank based on your opinion.

One question though. When you discard the tag how do they pay back the so called security deposit? Say in case I do not have an account with that bank and I do not wish to get a new tag from them again.
My issue was that my Axis Bank tags were procured from the counters outside the local toll plaza. Now to get back the refund, I need to follow with the manager there and he has not been picking up my calls.
Old 21st December 2019, 09:38   #4395
Senior - BHPian

I received this through whatsApp:

1. Ensure the windshield glass is clean and dry from the inside before applying the Fastag sticker.

2. If your windshield has a UV Protection film on the inside, you need to remove the film from the area where you plan to stick the Fastag. The Fastag sticker must be installed directly on glass. UV protection films have a layer of metallic oxides on them which prevents the RFID reader at the toll booth from reading your vehicle's Fastag.

3. While sticking the Fastag to your windshield, do not press hard or else you might damage the chip within. Once stuck, do not peel off the Fastag and try to move else where. This too will damage the chip.

4. While approaching the toll booth do not get close to the vehicle in front of you. Maintain a gap of at least 10 feet. Wait till the vehicle in front of you goes past the toll gate barrier, and the barrier arm is lowered before bringing your vehicle within the sensing range of overhead tag reader.

5. Drive towards the toll booth window slowly. Sometimes, if the tag reader fails to read your Fastag in the first attempt, it becomes necessary to move your vehicle forwards or backwards. For this reason the vehicle behind you must not be too close to yours.

6. If the tag reader fails to read your Fastag, you'll have to pay the toll the old fashioned way i.e. by cash or card. In such cases, ensure the toll receipt mentions your vehicle's registration number correctly. Sometimes, the toll is debited from your Fastag, but the toll booth system fails to get updated. In this situation you'll have to upload the photo of your toll receipt on your Fastag provider's website / portal / app and request a refund. No refund is issued unless the photo of the toll receipt is uploaded, and it has your vehicles registration number mentioned on it.

7. It is necessary to maintain a minimum balance of ₹100 in your Fastag e-wallet. Otherwise the toll booth board displays the Fastag Blacklisted message and you'll be required to pay the toll by cash / card.

8. When the system works smoothly, the toll booth displays Fastag and vehicle category immediately after the reader reads your Fastag, and the barrier arm lifts automatically. You don't get a paper receipt like before. Instead you'll get a SMS on your phone with the debited toll amount. Not all Fastag providers send a SMS (Some do , some do it later, and some just don't). It is always a good idea to verify your toll transactions on your Fastag provider's website / portal / app after your journey.

Unquote

Is it correct one should remove the windscreen sun film before affixing the Fastag? If anyone has affixed on rhe sun film and didn't face any issue, please comment. I have not yet affixed my Fastag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks