Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2019, 18:27   #3931
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
In what case and how are we expected to get back our security deposit?
Call the customer care and ask them to cancel the tag. Security deposit would be refunded to bank account or wallet.
_chikku is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 18:45   #3932
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
In what case and how are we expected to get back our security deposit?
I got Paytm Fastag for my car in Dec'17. I sold the car in March'19 and requested paytm for cancellation and refund. I got security deposit and threshold amount transferred to my paytm wallet in 15-20 days.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 20:28   #3933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidpunjabi View Post
Hi All,

For all those in Mumbai:

1. Going by the forum's posts, I'm guessing quite a few of us already have an MEP tag which is used on the sea-link, and/or at the Mumbai entry-exit points. So does it make sense to invest in another tag or should 1 just wait it out for the NHAI / regulator to integrate the MEP and FASTag system? (This is assuming that 1 does not have an inter-city road trip coming up in the next 2-3 months and will continue using the car within the city only.)

2A. Does anybody have a FASTag and an MEP tag on the same car? I understand that there's an "intention" to integrate the toll collection under 1 FASTag. Any thoughts on when this "intention" will convert into "implementation"?

2B. Also, once the whole MEP-FASTag integration occurs - what happens to those who have an MEP and a FASTag on the same car? Does the toll get deducted twice (once from each tag)?
I'm exactly in the same dilemma.

My car usage is on highway once a month & on Mumbai entry/exits weekdays. Until now I wasn't facing any issues at Mumbai entry/exit toll through cash payments, so I was reluctant to go via mep etc tag way.

But now I've procured icici fastag, since I've Highway trip coming up this weekend. And I'm crossing my fingers to be not in a situation where I need to buy mep etc tag too.

Few posts back someone mentioned that fastag would be accepted on Mumbai entry/exit tolls soon, to be inline with Government's mission of one tag nationwide.

Let's hope it would be implemented soon.

Last edited by yoscenario2000 : 28th November 2019 at 20:33.
Old 28th November 2019, 20:36   #3934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I got Paytm Fastag for my car in Dec'17. I sold the car in March'19 and requested paytm for cancellation and refund. I got security deposit and threshold amount transferred to my paytm wallet in 15-20 days.

Do we have to return the tag? What was the procedure followed?
mercedised is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 21:18   #3935
Senior - BHPian

The NHAI is distributing fastags free at their PoS locations. Some of the banks are doing so, too.

How does one get it for a new car yet to be registered?
Old 28th November 2019, 21:26   #3936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
How does one get it for a new car yet to be registered?
You don't have to get one separately. All new cars come with a FasTag attached. Its probably done at the dealer level (not sure) using the documents that one submits to the RTO through the showrooms.

You just have to register with the bank concerned, recharge the account and start using it at tolls.
Old 28th November 2019, 21:30   #3937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
You don't have to get one separately. All new cars come with a FasTag attached. Its probably done at the dealer level (not sure) using the documents that one submits to the RTO through the showrooms.
But the buggers charge you for it!
Old 28th November 2019, 21:31   #3938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Do we have to return the tag? What was the procedure followed?
No you don't have to return the tag. I stripped it off before handing over the car to the new owner.

In paytm app, I raised a query in their "24x7 Help" option and requested them to cancel the fastag and refund security deposit and threshold amount
mukeshgoel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 10:01   #3939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
1. Visit the local branches of any of the FasTag issuing banks - HDFC, ICICI, EQUITAS, SBI etc and get the Tag instantly.
I visited both the HDFC and ICICI banks and none of them(read entire Kerala) Have them in stock, as per them they never arrived at the banks and all they do is help the customer place an order and all of it arrives in 7-10 days.

I have a trip on 1st of Dec and there are 2 toll plazas in my journey and I cross them twice. What kind of issue am I looking at?

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 10:13   #3940
Senior - BHPian

I don't know why almost everyone (online/offline) is in panic mode because Fastag is must from 1st December. It is not like demonetization which happened over night. It was announced at least 4 months in advance.

If someone has not taken fastag till now and planning to travel, just apply today itself and hope for a revised deadline. In worst case, it is double toll amount (as being said) if you pay cash but it's not that you are not allowed to take your car on highway. It is a small price for being lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
FASTag ‘must’ from Dec; just 1 lane for others [Source : The Pioneer]
Old 29th November 2019, 10:31   #3941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
ICICI tags can be recharged via UPI and each tag has its own unique VPA: netc.MHXXZZ7777@icici. Credit is instantaneous.

I also have a tag from HDFC Bank for another vehicle (which came with the car purchase). The interface there is extremely tedious.
Thanks for the tip on UPI. I tested mine and it worked . ICICI interface is quite good and provides the option to recharge via multiple modes. But UPI method is the easiest. Not sure if other banks provide this feature.

I do not like to stick anything on the windshield. I want to use Fastag like driving license and pay for my travel, rather than for my car's travel. Is Fastag available in hanging option, which can easily removed?

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-customrfidrearviewmirrorhangingpermitsvc1853lg.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
RFID doesn't require a line of sight to work, hence no worries. There was post from a TBHPIAN that his tag was detected from his bag lying in car .
Can I can stick Fastag on a sheet of transparent plastic and hang from IRVM?

PS: On side note, if someone is carrying a bagful of Fastags, won't all get scanned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Ordered a Fastag through Paytm on Nov 10th. Original delivery date was Nov 22. Still it shows that order is waiting for courier pickup! The duffers at customer care have no idea about whats going on! Sweet!
Just for reference, I ordered FASTag on ICICI site on 18th Nov. Received the tag on 26th Nov via courier.

Last edited by msdivy : 29th November 2019 at 10:55.
Old 29th November 2019, 10:40   #3942
BHPian

Ordered a Fastag through Paytm on Nov 10th. Original delivery date was Nov 22. Still it shows that order is waiting for courier pickup! The duffers at customer care have no idea about whats going on! Sweet!
Old 29th November 2019, 10:59   #3943
BHPian

Axis Bank FastTag

Logged into Axis Bank Fastag site after 7-8 months to check the balance.

I had hoped that in this intervening 7 months, Axis bank would have improved but no such luck. The WORST UI ever.

It took 40 minutes just to reset the password and check the balance, and I am an existing user, so had experience with the bad UI earlier. I dare any new user in this world to check their Axis bank Fastag balance within an hour and I will gladly transfer my balance to them .

Car dealers are aggressively pushing for Axis bank Fastags for new cars. If you have an Axis Fastag, you are better off paying cash at toll.

Last edited by DigitalOne : 29th November 2019 at 11:00. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 29th November 2019, 10:59   #3944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In worst case, it is double toll amount (as being said) if you pay cash but it's not that you are not allowed to take your car on highway.
No. Those who enter a FASTag lane without a FASTag will have to pay double the toll amount from December 1st onwards. Cash lane with normal fee will be available as usual.
msdivy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2019, 11:01   #3945
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I visited both the HDFC and ICICI banks and none of them(read entire Kerala) Have them in stock, as per them they never arrived at the banks and all they do is help the customer place an order and all of it arrives in 7-10 days.

I have a trip on 1st of Dec and there are 2 toll plazas in my journey and I cross them twice. What kind of issue am I looking at?

Pramod
Quote:
I don't know why almost everyone (online/offline) is in panic mode because Fastag is must from 1st December. It is not like demonetization which happened over night. It was announced at least 4 months in advance.

If someone has not taken fastag till now and planning to travel, just apply today itself and hope for a revised deadline. In worst case, it is double toll amount (as being said) if you pay cash but it's not that you are not allowed to take your car on highway. It is a small price for being lazy.

There seems to be a misconception among certain members here. The issue is not that the misconception exists, the issue is that those members are spreading that misconception and creating more confusion.

Pramod, you can wait for your tags to arrive whenever they do arrive. In the meanwhile, there is one cash lane available at every plaza. Just use that lane. Yes there will be a delay due to the number of vehicles waiting, but that's just a consequence of not having the tag well in advance.

And to address the misconception - no, you will NOT be charged double if you're paying cash in the cash lane. You will be charged doouble ONLY if you're in the dedicated Fastag lane without a tag.

So people, stop panicking and just suck up the delays in the cash lane until you get a working tag.

@mukeshgoel, apologies for using your post as the example. I am not singling you out, I am using your post because it is right here in front of my eyes, being the latest post, and it was merely convenient.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks