Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2019, 13:23   #3916
BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Come on, Rahul! It's only ONE FASTag across India - that is the whole point.

MoRTH is hellbent on including even the more exotic private toll operators to get onto the bandwagon.

Exactly my point as well as to why have separate RFID tags. But a few posts back i think i read someone referring to a separate MEP toll RFID tags. Hence the confusion.

Thanks anyways
Old 28th November 2019, 13:38   #3917
BHPian

I tried two separate service providers for my two cars ( not sure it was a smart move in the long run..) - ICICI Bank and Equitas.

- both applications made on 22nd November.
- there was no need for photos of the car as i had read it somewhere earlier in the forum. i had to scan and upload an ID proof (picked from a list of options given), and the car's RC . thats it.
- The Equitas tag arrived yesterday ; i.e. 27th November. So, lead time of 5 days.
- I got an SMS from ICICI bank on 26th November that Fast Tag number has been assigned to my car. I eventually managed to register and log into the ICICI fastag page, and it shows tag as active. I haven't received it yet. I don't remember seeing any dispatch message. I guess it should be on the way, I will update once I receive it.

Edit: I saw another post earlier in this thread on not receiving ICICI tag yet. Hmm.. Looks like they are slow in dispatching/delivering the tags. Let me wait for a couple of days on the ICICI tag, before starting to worry.

Last edited by Bigzero : 28th November 2019 at 13:41.
Old 28th November 2019, 13:46   #3918
Senior - BHPian

All the fastag issuing authorities seems very busy, hence this delay in despatching the Tag.

Reports say that over 70 lakh tags issued and November 26 itself, they issued 135,583 tags, the highest per-day sales so far.

See the Report:
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 13:52   #3919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
All the fastag issuing authorities seems very busy, hence this delay in despatching the Tag.

Reports say that over 70 lakh tags issued and November 26 itself, they issued 135,583 tags, the highest per-day sales so far.

See the Report:
Yes I guess- the spike towards the deadline could be quite something for these folks to handle, as far as logistics involved in printing, dispatching etc are concerned.

It is possible that the more visible/famous brands like ICICI, HDFC etc may be getting more applications , swamping their crew in the process; whereas the likes of Equitas may be dealing with smaller numbers.
Old 28th November 2019, 14:47   #3920
sbm
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by recshenoy View Post
As usual expected lack of co-ordination between governing bodies. There is confusion around giving fastag for free, non availability of fastag. Gadkari said 150 rupees security deposit will be borne by NHAI but I see that PAYTM is charging 250.

They should have followed a simple process. Every month half the number of non-fast tag lanes, so in around couple of months time people would have gradually moved over to fastag than sudden chaos on 1st Dec.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le30091238.ece

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/72172802.cms
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Short answer - by simply looking up on internet before pasting the tag arbitrarily

Search and ye shall find - Team BHP forum threads have a lot of first hand accounts from various members about how/where to paste the tags.

There is a Maruti Suzuki pdf document with guidelines on the ideal position for the Fastag, likewise there may be others from other manufacturers as well, though I'm not sure, nevertheless there are posts on the forum that cover many other cars and how the Fastag has been pasted on them.

Maruti Suzuki document for Fastag placement - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ml#post4324409 (FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!)
Thanks NPV for the pdf. As recshenoy has written, there seems to be a lot of confusion around fast tag. As we know that in small cities and towns, there is a lag in adaptation of new technologies. I know many people who depend upon offline agencies for any service related to their cars. I was just concerned that this might take considerable amount of time and inconvenience before everyone gets their fast tag and place it at a proper place. It would have been better had there been a single point of contact for all fast tag related queries.
Old 28th November 2019, 15:36   #3921
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I have a journey on 1st December and that passes through 2 toll plazas. I have tried buying the fastag and i was understand if I can buy the fast tags maybe from a bank off the shelf?

Pramod
Old 28th November 2019, 15:53   #3922
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
I have a journey on 1st December and that passes through 2 toll plazas. I have tried buying the fastag and i was understand if I can buy the fast tags maybe from a bank off the shelf
In case of emergency, which you are in now, waiting for a FasTag to arrive by snail mail is useless. You have two solutions:

1. Visit the local branches of any of the FasTag issuing banks - HDFC, ICICI, EQUITAS, SBI etc and get the Tag instantly.

2. Drive to the nearest toll booth, park your car and look for the FasTag vending agent. The phone number is usually displayed prominently in and around the place. Get the Tag (free, as per the latest incentive scheme), recharge it and use it immediately.

In both the cases, do carry the original and photocopies of AADHAAR, DL, PAN and RC along with a couple of passport size photographs. Cheques are accepted but it will delay the process. So, pay by cash.

BENGALUREANS living in and around Rajajinagar can refer the following post of mine for purchasing FasTag quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
SBI FASTAG: My Experience
PS: FasTag can be bought from ANY vendor, irrespective of the purchaser's affiliation with the issuing bank. Recharge via UPI and Internet Banking-Credit Card-Debit Card of ALL banks is possible.

Last edited by dailydriver : 28th November 2019 at 16:08.
Old 28th November 2019, 15:54   #3923
Senior - BHPian

I am in fully agreement with whatever rules, NHAI is posing on public in whatever haphazardaous manner. I will discount all the chaos that are expected on 1st Dec and subsequent few weeks. These are all transient.

Let us for a minute, agree that Fines are also acceptable beyond 1st December:
1. Double the amount if toll is paid manually by cash payment near toll,
2. Fast tag will cost more than 500 if purchased after 1 Dec

My only question to the authorities:
Now after all those chaos, what if the fastags (With sufficient balance) wont work as expected near the tolls ?

Henceforth, I will NOT carry cash while traveling since the major USP of Fastag while selling them and making the mandate is, "Don't need to carry cash. Every thing is online"

Will they allow the vehicles to pass through without toll fees?

NHAI - I know you are not reading this thread but, if in case, you are reading, please reply
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 16:37   #3924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Guys, normally how many days will take to receive the Tag from ICICI?

I have applied on the 14th of this month and not yet received the Tag. Customer ID number has been allotted and account already opened according to their website.

I have raised a complaint but no reply received either
ICICI ran a camp at our office and handed over the tag immediately. It was activated by evening and SMS received. ICICI tags can be recharged via UPI and each tag has its own unique VPA: netc.MHXXZZ7777@icici. Credit is instantaneous.

I also have a tag from HDFC Bank for another vehicle (which came with the car purchase). The interface there is extremely tedious.
risga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 17:16   #3925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Now after all those chaos, what if the fastags (With sufficient balance) wont work as expected near the tolls ?
This is already addressed by hand scanners
Old 28th November 2019, 17:31   #3926
BHPian

While I have been a Fastag user for 3 years, I feel swapping the the number of Fastag dedicated lanes and cash only lanes is extreme.
They could have made 50:50 with clear demarcation early and control cash payment vehicles from entering the fastag lane. this would have solved the biggest issue at tolls where regular guys enter fastag lane.

I have found the sensors working quite well..in the 100s of crossings I have done, the hand scanner were used maybe 3-4 times.
Old 28th November 2019, 17:31   #3927
Team-BHP Support

In what case and how are we expected to get back our security deposit?
Old 28th November 2019, 18:16   #3928
BHPian

Hi All,

For all those in Mumbai:

1. Going by the forum's posts, I'm guessing quite a few of us already have an MEP tag which is used on the sea-link, and/or at the Mumbai entry-exit points. So does it make sense to invest in another tag or should 1 just wait it out for the NHAI / regulator to integrate the MEP and FASTag system? (This is assuming that 1 does not have an inter-city road trip coming up in the next 2-3 months and will continue using the car within the city only.)

2A. Does anybody have a FASTag and an MEP tag on the same car? I understand that there's an "intention" to integrate the toll collection under 1 FASTag. Any thoughts on when this "intention" will convert into "implementation"?

2B. Also, once the whole MEP-FASTag integration occurs - what happens to those who have an MEP and a FASTag on the same car? Does the toll get deducted twice (once from each tag)?

Last edited by sidpunjabi : 28th November 2019 at 18:19.
Old 28th November 2019, 18:19   #3929
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone tried calling the ICICI customer support number 18002100104 today? I have been trying since morning but it does not connect at all. After dialing it just disconnects. Can anyone please check.
Old 28th November 2019, 18:21   #3930
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
ICICI ran a camp at our office and handed over the tag immediately. It was activated by evening and SMS received. ICICI tags can be recharged via UPI and each tag has its own unique VPA: netc.MHXXZZ7777@icici. Credit is instantaneous.

I also have a tag from HDFC Bank for another vehicle (which came with the car purchase). The interface there is extremely tedious.
If one goes to their branch (ICICI or HDFC), they may get the tag once the documentation is over. But now the situation is different as the Government has put a deadline for Fastag implementation. Heavy rush and thousands of applications are being handled by them, which making the delay in delivering the tags.

n my case, it is already 14 days over, but no trace of tags yet. No alternative, but to wait.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks