Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2019, 12:05   #3301
BHPian

FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Interesting occurrence there I must say!

I was under the impression that the validation at the toll booth does not happen for the type of vehicle because the tag affixed would have got categorized as Car/Jeep/Van or LCV or HCV or Multi-Axle when you buy and register the tag account. So when you pass the booth with a Valid tag, the NPCI payment deducts the amount appropriately based on the vehicle category.

This is the reason why when you pass at some booths the display sign shows 'Valid Tag - Car/Jeep/Van'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdma View Post
Right,

But it did happen as you can see here in the attached picture :-).
Attachment 1835883
And it happened again ,

Just raised the dispute and the amount should be refunded in a few days.

Second occurrence is a little concerning.

Attachment 1860788

Regards,
Pradeep.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 19th March 2019 at 14:07. Reason: Formatting and spacing
Old 19th March 2019, 12:14   #3302
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
I can't see the attachment but is this happening at the same booth or at random booths? If its the former, the issue could be with the scanner (set-up) at that booth itself. If latter, then time to change your tag with a fresh account after disabling this.
Old 19th March 2019, 12:33   #3303
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering what mechanism is in place for identifying the tag with the vehicle number for which it was issued. Can I use my Figo's new Fastag on another car? Not that i intend to, but was just curious if one could use it on another vehicle in the same category.

That apart, I plan to fix the Fastag on the Figo soon after i reach Bangalore this Thursday. I will be using it on the drive to Hyderabad on Saturday or Sunday. Hope there will be no teething problems. The first toll is at Devanahalli, I guess.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 12:54   #3304
BHPian

Quote:
And it happened again ,

Just raised the dispute and the amount should be refunded in a few days.

Regards,
Pradeep.
It's happening to me also with my new car. I can see in the fastag account, they have mentioned in the vehicle category as TATA Ace or similar. 3 tolls deducted the amount as Car/Jeep/Van and 2 other tolls deducted under LCV. I am not sure what's the issue. Raised a complaint with ICICI. They require RC and I am yet to get that
blorebuddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 16:12   #3305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Please escalate the details of the case(es) to etc.nodal@ihmcl.com and copy to chairman@nhai.org.

I received a home visit from the concerned team lead of the Paytm BLR outfit :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthacharya View Post
Thanks, did this. I will update if there is any action taken. Though the amount is small, think of the large scale scam they are running. Many of my friends trust the FASTAG system blindly and never check their transactions after the first few times.
Thanks itwasntme, finally got the refund yesterday!
Old 19th March 2019, 22:49   #3306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I was wondering what mechanism is in place for identifying the tag with the vehicle number for which it was issued.
Few toll booths display vehicle number in LED display along when tag is read. Most others will just display anything like valid tag/ LMV/ Car etc.

As long as detects and works properly, technically you will not find any issue in using across vehicles. However, do note that it is not allowed as per terms and conditions of Fastag usage.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 20:24   #3307
Distinguished - BHPian

Little correction here on using F-Tags across vehicles. In most tollbooths there are ANPRS cameras which are in real-time reading your number plate. These get simultaneously relayed to the toll control room and are also stored for law and order matters. All sequential booths are also online so the operator need to only press a command to alert the next booth about a mismatched tag in case the vehicle has already passed by. Offenders can get blacklisted and barred for life. I would not in any way recommend this!

On another note, another good service from ICICI. Works as well!

Dear Customer,get your ICICI Bank FASTag balance on mobile.SMS ETCBAL Vehicle Regn No. to 5676766 or give missed call on 8010928888 from your regd mobile no.T&C

Last edited by itwasntme : 20th March 2019 at 20:28.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 12:54   #3308
BHPian

Can more than one Fastag be linked to one paytm account? Has anyone tried that?
Old 22nd March 2019, 13:11   #3309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Can more than one Fastag be linked to one paytm account? Has anyone tried that?
Both my cars' Fastags are on my Paytm account. Never had a problem.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 10:32   #3310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering what mechanism is in place for identifying the tag with the vehicle number for which it was issued. Can I use my Figo's new Fastag on another car? Not that i intend to, but was just curious if one could use it on another vehicle in the same category.

That apart, I plan to fix the Fastag on the Figo soon after i reach Bangalore this Thursday. I will be using it on the drive to Hyderabad on Saturday or Sunday. Hope there will be no teething problems. The first toll is at Devanahalli, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Few toll booths display vehicle number in LED display along when tag is read. Most others will just display anything like valid tag/ LMV/ Car etc.

As long as detects and works properly, technically you will not find any issue in using across vehicles. However, do note that it is not allowed as per terms and conditions of Fastag usage.
I am happy to report that the new Fastag on the Figo worked like a charm on my trip to Hyderabad from Bangalore yesterday. The first 'acid test' was at Devanahalli toll, and though it took around a minute, I got the green signal. From there onwards i was smooth sailing. In some of the toll booths, I could see a display seeing a message that the Fastag was recognised/ verified (don't remember the exact words) for vehicle number 'xxxx'.

The total toll deducted was Rs 700. I am not able to see the transactions on my account after logging in though. Perhaps they will take a couple of days to show up on the ICICI portal?
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2019, 12:02   #3311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am not able to see the transactions on my account after logging in though. Perhaps they will take a couple of days to show up on the ICICI portal?
You won't see transactions from homepage under 'Activity History' if this is where you are trying to look for them.

Instead, from the homepage click on 'Tag account summary' and it will show you the last 5 transactions. And yes, it does show your recent transactions too. I can see mine listed now for a booth I passed at 0700 AM today.

For getting details of all your transactions, you will need to download online statement by accessing "Statements & Activity >> Online Statement".
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 06:38   #3312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The first 'acid test' was at Devanahalli toll, and though it took around a minute, I got the green signal. From there onwards i was smooth sailing.
Glad to hear that. The issue at Denahalli toll may not be due to your tag as such, tag reader there has a mind of its own. Many of us have faced issue with tag detection there.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 09:33   #3313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
You won't see transactions from homepage under 'Activity History' if this is where you are trying to look for them.

Instead, from the homepage click on 'Tag account summary' and it will show you the last 5 transactions. And yes, it does show your recent transactions too. I can see mine listed now for a booth I passed at 0700 AM today.

For getting details of all your transactions, you will need to download online statement by accessing "Statements & Activity >> Online Statement".
Yes, I could see it on the same day. It shows the exact time I passed each toll, which is great. I was telling my daughter to note that when I drove to BLR with her in 2016, just to check the distance and the time taken. We don't have to do that hard work any longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Glad to hear that. The issue at Denahalli toll may not be due to your tag as such, tag reader there has a mind of its own. Many of us have faced issue with tag detection there.
Thanks for the info. I thought it was only for me as the new tag was being read for the first time!
Old 1st April 2019, 09:30   #3314
BHPian

Got this message from ICICI on toll fares increase from today -

Quote:
Dear Customer, as per approving authorities notification, toll fares will be revised from 01-Apr-19 at various plazas. Pls maintain sufficient balance in your ICICI Bank FASTag to avoid blacklisting of tags. Toll fare may increase by 10% from current rates.
I feel 10% increase is quite steep at a time.

KK
Old 1st April 2019, 12:36   #3315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchandap View Post
Ordered a Fastag from Paytm web application (Not Mobile App) few minutes back. The Mobile App allows the buyer to provide the car registration number and upload pics of RC. However, this feature is not available on the Paytm web. I was expecting similar experience on both of these two modes. However, that was not the case to be.

The expected delivery date is August 17, 2018 and got a SMS saying that I will get a link to upload the RC pics.

Sharing my experience after the first usage of the Fastag:

The tag arrived in August 2018. I haven't fixed it permanently to the windshield since I was not sure of its location. So, I bought a transparency from stationary shop and used it to fix the Fastag near the IRVM, towards the driver side.

Thanks tBHP and experts on this forum for suggesting this method . It is really helpful.

However, got to use the same only over this extended Holi Weekend when I drove from Delhi to Chamba. Few interesting points:
  • Fastag worked seamlessly even after being unused for months
  • All the Toll Plazas (7 in number) on this route accept the Fastag without any fuss
  • Almost all the lanes accept the Fastag. Tell the toll operator that you have Fastag
  • In one instance the toll operator had to come out and scan the tag with handheld scanner. For the rest, the overhead scanners were able to scan the tag
  • Didn't bother myself to find the dedicated Fastag lane
  • I found it convenient to pay via the Fastag, no fiddling with cash. Just Topup Paytm Wallet and the balance can be used for paying toll and any other expense via Paytm
  • No need to keep manual record of what amount paid where, Passbook helps to maintain that for final reconciliation and calculating trip expenses
  • The SMS confirming the payment takes some time. Didn't noticed the exact delay but it is in the tune of 10-20 minutes
Overall, I found the usage of Fastag convenient and hassle free. Would encourage everyone to use it. It as comparatively faster mode as well as all payments are done in white.

Thanks.

Last edited by manchandap : 1st April 2019 at 12:43. Reason: Removed extra line breaks.

Most Viewed