Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2018, 15:59   #2986
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
The same thing applies for BETL too. Before midnight of the same day.
Aware of it. I use BETL from the day it started functioning as I work out of EC. Since the query was to do with NBTL I responded about that.

In fact during the initial years BETL was also 24 hours and I myself used to pass the booth thrice this making the maximum out of a return ticket till one day they changed it to 12 midnight.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 08:04   #2987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
It has been 3 weeks since my payment & till date I have not received even a single communication from them. Spoken to their toll free # multiple times, but they were absolutely useless. Sent email to fastag.hdfcbank@insolutionsglobal.com 4-5 time and not even an acknowledgement to the email. Looks like have to let go the amount, forget the incident & try some other service. Very poor experience with HDFC -:(
Reached a known contact of mine in HDFC. She said they (HDFC) have nothing to do with this FastTag business as it's completely outsourced . Not sure if banks and other institutions were asked/forced to have this as an option. Anyhow I was told it will reach in a week's time. Confused whether to go ahead and have this HDFC FastTag or write off the money & proceed with ICICI to save myself from further troubles (reloading)
Surprise is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 13:53   #2988
BHPian

Had very very bad experience with PayTm Fastag.

Ordered the tag on 8th October, due date mentioned was 29th Oct. Week later received the upload link, which as expected didn't work for few days, tweeted the same, next day 15-16th Oct link did work and uploaded the documents and waiting started. Waited till 28th which was dispatch due date, but no update. Tweeted the same again. Got a call on 29th and they said they re-ordered it. Again got a call on 30th Oct saying previous order was not successful and they er-ordered it again, then sent the RC book copy on DM, and my paytm account is linked with my vehicle registration number and bar code.

Now the surprise, on 1st-Nov, received the tag but bar code belonged to some other vehicle in Bangalore. Customer care was not accessible, then lost my cool and put a strong word on tweeter as well as FB, and then received the call saying everything will be sorted out. On 2nd-Nov, paytm executive came home, who infact was not aware of the exact situation, had to explain him all the things again, and collected my tag and said need to deliver that 1st, since the other guy was more stronger it seems (in terms of wordings and escalation), and delivered the right tag on 3rd-Nov(almost 25 days after the order).

Finally I affixed it today, still have a doubt till the time I use it.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 09:39   #2989
BHPian

IDFC Bank has launched real time recharge of FASTags using BHIM UPI now. User needs to transfer money to netc.vehiclenumber@idfcnetc using any UPI application like BHIM etc.
abhjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 11:49   #2990
BHPian

Any HDFC tag users tried UPI recharge? Is it even possible?
The customer service for this tag is useless, they do not understand this and keep telling me to contact my bank from where I am doing transaction when all I am asking is what is the UPI ID for the tag

Edit:
Just recollected that I had asked around here earlier.

Last edited by diogo : 16th November 2018 at 11:51.
Old 18th November 2018, 22:58   #2991
Distinguished - BHPian

Probable FASTag Scam:

This issue started when a truck owner in tuticorin(Tamil Nadu) noticed that his 3 trucks were charged @tanguturu toll(Andhra Pradesh) for Nov 8th. But on this date his trucks were in Tuticorin. When he raised a complaint with Equitas they have agreed that this was due to system issue and refunded the actual amount of 1400+.

As per the below news item, these 3 trucks crossed this toll on Oct 8th but when the toll guys submitted the report to the bank(Equitas), the transaction date for all the vehicles that crossed tanguturu toll(Andhra Pradesh) on Oct 8th was mentioned as Nov 8th. NPCI rejects this report that was forwarded by Equitas. The report was resubmitted by the toll employees with the transaction dates for all these vehicles edited to Oct 8th. However, the initial wrong report with hhe transactions date as Nov 8th still exisited in the system and got submitted along with the actual transactions that happened on Nov 8th,which resulted in wrong deductions for this trucking company.

In short, all the Fastag vehicles that crossed tanguturu toll(Andhra Pradesh) on 8th October has been charged for October 8th and November 8th as well. Now, the refund for this duplicate entry(November 8th) is happening only for the users who raise a complaint with Equitas.

It is not clear if this issue is specific to only Equitas users or all users. And if this is really a system issue or a scam. If its a scam, then this can happen in other tolls as well.

So, its better to keep a very close watch on our Fastag account and the transactions.

Here is the news clip, but it is in Tamil. This news was published in few other channels as well
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 01:15   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
IDFC Bank has launched real time recharge of FASTags using BHIM UPI now. User needs to transfer money to netc.vehiclenumber@idfcnetc using any UPI application like BHIM etc.
Can you please share the link/source from where you got this news. I tried this, it shows "Beneficiary UPI ID Incorrect". Even contacted customer care but they have no clue.

Interestingly, for my another vehicle it shows UPI ID correct.
Old 19th November 2018, 10:53   #2993
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
[b]Probable FASTag Scam:[/B
Initially there was yet another issue of same kind in which the toll guys used to manually enter the car number and deduct the amount from FasTAG of the vehicle.

I guess looking at the same, now the vehicle number based deduction is no more applicable. Recently my car's windshield got broken and FasTAG was gone with older one. When I told toll guys to enter car number; they clearly told me that they can't do it any more and I need FasTAG only in the place.
Old 19th November 2018, 12:51   #2994
Team-BHP Support

As usual, it was a hit entering BIAL with my Fastag and a miss on exiting as the reader deemed my tag invalid. I moved to the paid lane and asked them to scan remotely instead of paying cash. That worked so avoided paying twice!
Old 19th November 2018, 19:06   #2995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Transparent tape is just tape, but sun-film has more components in it.

Is any one facing issues with fast tags placed below sunfilm ? ( Fastag on the Sunfilm - Sunfilm on the windshield ?

Yes / no ?
which brand of sunfilm ?
Which Fastag ?

( I am not facing issues with the ICICI Fastag on Garware film )
My fastag isn't scanning at all since day 1 on my XUV500.
I am not sure which brand of sunfilm, but it is an ICICI fastag.
Now planning to replace the fastag.
Does anyone have the contact of the Electronic city ICICI POS?
How long does it take for the Fastag to be activated?
Old 19th November 2018, 21:00   #2996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull View Post
As Vid6639 had mentioned in the thread on Front Windshield Sunfilm, if the sunfilm has metallic components then the Fastag will not work.

From this info, it looks like you have such a front sunfilm. So even if you get another Fastag, the result will be the same.

I was also checking with Shreyas on this - he suggested that we could get the Fastag activated, stick it to the windshield, and then fix the sunfilm on the windshield.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2018, 21:21   #2997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
24 hours window is not applicable for NBTL toll. So you should pass back the booth before same calendar day that is 11: 59: 59 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
The same thing applies for BETL too. Before midnight of the same day.
It would be good to have a list of such places where the 24-hour limit does not hold good.
Old 20th November 2018, 10:12   #2998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull View Post
Does anyone have the contact of the Electronic city ICICI POS?
How long does it take for the Fastag to be activated?
I am your twin brother.
XUV 500
ICICI fastag
Garware windshield film
Not scanning at toll booth.
I too replaced my fastag but to no avail. The overhead scanner does not detect at all. The handheld scanner does detect quickly. But not every toll booth has a handheld.You can try cutting the sunfilm where you are going to paste the fastag. I think that might work.
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 10:13   #2999
BHPian

I used ICICI Bank web portal to place an order for Fastag. (link)

Placed the order on 14 Nov. The tag was delivered to my home by BlueDart yesterday (19 Nov). Totally seemless experience. Pasting the receipt below. I was charged Rs.449 (including 200 deposit and 200 min recharge). Have yet to use it, will probably try doing it some time in the coming weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
FASTag: All you need to know about procuring & using it!-tag-receipt.jpg  

Old 20th November 2018, 10:52   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I am your twin brother.
XUV 500
ICICI fastag
Garware windshield film
Not scanning at toll booth.
I too replaced my fastag but to no avail. The overhead scanner does not detect at all. The handheld scanner does detect quickly. But not every toll booth has a handheld.You can try cutting the sunfilm where you are going to paste the fastag. I think that might work.

Yes, This is what I thought too. I am going to replace the existing Fastag, but will cut out a roughly 10x6 cm area of the existing sunfilm on the spot I put the new one.

I just wanted to make sure that the XUV500 windshield itself is not an issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks