Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2016, 11:29   #1
Team-BHP Support

Ola Corporate launched to cater to business sector

Taxi aggregator Ola has launched OLA Corporate - a travel solution for companies. The service is now available in 102 cities in India.

With Ola Corporate, customers can book cabs through the app and pay from their company's pre-paid Ola account. Transactions are paperless and the company does not have to reimburse its employees. The fares are the same as those charged to individuals.

Ola Corporate launched to cater to business sector-1.png

Ola claims that businesses will be able to save up to 60% on travel costs with on-demand consumption. Companies can also decide on different ride policies for different groups of employees according to their needs.

The company has to open an Ola corporate account with a recharge for a minimum amount of Rs. 5,000. Then it has to verify an employee for him / her to use its Ola account. After verification, he / she can choose to use either the 'Corporate' ride or 'Personal' ride option on the app. On choosing the corporate option, the ride will be billed directly to his / her company's account.

The dashboard for Ola Corporate displays user profiles, rides, employee groups, payment, available balance, total expense and rides completed. The employer and the employee can export CSV files and invoices of their trips by group.

Ola Corporate also gets all the regular features of Ola along with the options of Ola Mini, Sedan and Prime. Ola plans to make Ola Share and Shuttle available in the future.

Uber, Ola's rival, has a corporate travel solution in other countries. It is yet to introduce the service in India.

Source: Medianama
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 12:38   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ola Corporate launched to cater to business sector

Excellent move & a great way to grow the business.

Will simplify travel expenses for official trips. Will help not only with travel in the home city, but also when out of town on work.

Quote:
Companies can also decide on different ride policies for different groups of employees according to their needs.
Nice! I guess this basically means you can enforce a different class of car for different employee groups.

BTW, Uber has a similar offering called 'Uber Business' (link). They need to start promoting it in India.
Old 13th January 2016, 13:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

Uber:OLA = Amazon:Flipkart

Anyone else see the resemblance here?
OLA is Uber's migraine headache in India. With this service launch, OLA is hoping to corner the market and trying to preclude Uber from gaining much of a foothold. On the other hand, Uber might take the stance that they will watch and learn from OLA's mistakes before launching Uber for Business.

Knowing OLA, they might just make Uber stay away. Good for them!
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 15:48   #4
Team-BHP Support

The only good thing about this is that it will drive Uber to be very competitive in pricing their version of such a service.

I, for one, hope that my firm signs up for Uber and not Ola; when it comes to driver and vehicle quality and customer service, I find Uber significantly better. I doubt Ola Corporate will be that much better than Ola for personal use.

OT: I have quite a few friends in India whose companies have allowed them to use the corporate card for payment on Uber when traveling for work.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks