Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2016, 18:37   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rash driving case fabricated against me by Pune Police & RTO *UPDATE: declared Not Guilty!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Same routine, he asks me to take the car ahead and to park in the BRTS lane which I did.
Never ever park in the BRTS lane. I will not be surprised if he fines you for doing so. I think this is what had happened with stuntfreak.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 19:18   #92
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rash driving case fabricated against me by Pune Police & RTO *UPDATE: declared Not Guilty!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post

Now looking at this incident which the fellow bhpian has gone through, I feel I was lucky not to have gotten into bigger problems and should have paid the fine and left even if it was no fault of mine
You did the right thing, being timid will make it easier for them to extract money for no reason. Check CCTV footage , on most occasions gets them on backfoot.

These cops have targets to achieve, and they try to do that during last few days of the month as per my observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Never ever park in the BRTS lane. I will not be surprised if he fines you for doing so. I think this is what had happened with stuntfreak.
Cops themselves make you park in BRTS lane, I on one occasion had that experience.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 19:26   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Yes, I realize this after reading what happened with Stuntfreak but at that point in time, since the law enforcer himself asked me to, I thought he would question me for a min/2 and then ask me to move to the left of the road and it never struck my mind then. Luckily for me, the BRTS was non functional at that point of time. So he couldn't have fined me for that anyway
Old 12th December 2016, 20:41   #94
Senior - BHPian

Something like this happened to me last week. Crossed a highway junction to take a right while signal was green but due to traffic I got stuck in the middle with a few others. Traffic cop was right next to my car so he waved me to the side. He tells me that I broke the signal and asked for my license which I handed over (Can you refuse to do so, show a copy or only a particular rank and above can ask for it ?) I explained to him that I crossed when green, etc but it was obvious that he wanted cash. He said Ill have to confiscate the license and I will write you a ticket etc and you will have to collect it from the police station here. I said OK do that its 15mins from home or Ill send my office boy to collect. He was then like no no why waste time give me hundred bucks and leave it. I showed him my wallet, thanks to NaMo I only had a 2000RS note and 20 bucks and a few coins. I asked him if he will give me change
Very sadly he gave back the license and told me to carry on !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks