Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2006, 18:27   #1
BHPian

Cycle Wala Scratched my car !

Today has been a bad day :(
Morning while coming to office,a cycle wala came and banged into my car sideways leaving few prominent scratches on my black car..Fortunately,there's no dent.
By the time I realized what had happened,the smart cycle wala ran away fearing that I would come and thrash him !
I am fed up of these cycle walas...no discipline and they are never bothered about their life ! its a mess especially in Pune with so many cycle walas...They keep crossing signals without thinking that they might be hit by a speeding vehicle...they just tend to be in their own world...day dreaming.It doesn't matter if you have a cycle,bic,car but what I hate is this indiscipline...Few scratches on my car is due to such buggers when I was never at fault..
Old 2nd August 2006, 18:35   #2
BHPian

had similar issue

I have a bumper sticker behind my car-

it reads - ACCIDENTS HELP REDUCE POPULATION
Old 2nd August 2006, 18:36   #3
BHPian

Thank your lucky stars that it was only a cycle wala and you only had scatches.

Many of us at T_BHP aren't that lucky. Speaking of cycle wala's, once while waiting at a red signal, the cycle guy waiting next to me just fell down on my Baleno's bonnet. Luckily he was a malnourished thin guy and nothing happened to my bonnet.
Old 2nd August 2006, 19:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

@nitinhegde: Welcome to the club
Old 2nd August 2006, 19:38   #5
Senior - BHPian

So far only one Scootywalaah brushed from side to my car, but there are tons of scratches gathered over last 1.5 year. All of them when car was parked. Now what will you say?

So, just take it as cruel part of life and don't think much.
Old 2nd August 2006, 19:45   #6
BHPian

What about the guys who walk past and scratch your parked car....GRRRR....waiting to get my hands on one of them. Sheer destructive mentality. Have a brand new car (2 weeks) already scratched on one side.
Old 2nd August 2006, 20:57   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eflanker
had similar issue

ACCIDENTS HELP REDUCE POPULATION
True, but for every 1 idiot killed on the road, 3 of his even-idiotic puberty-stricken kids take his place
Old 3rd August 2006, 10:39   #8
BHPian

Quote:
I have a bumper sticker behind my car-

it reads - ACCIDENTS HELP REDUCE POPULATION

Let's Hope and Pray that it is not your or your loved one's name which is struck off from God's lift in the next accident.. to reduce population.

A victim of an accident may not find that sticker funny IMO
Old 3rd August 2006, 11:02   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
So far only one Scootywalaah brushed from side to my car, but there are tons of scratches gathered over last 1.5 year. All of them when car was parked. Now what will you say?

So, just take it as cruel part of life and don't think much.
yeah,there are few scratches on my car for no reason...I park my car at night in the reserved closed parking after coming from office...and one fine day in the morning I find 2 scratches ! I was so sure that it might have been caused by the kids of the servant quarter workers who are always playing near my car.I was so furious that I wanted to go and bang those kids & scold their parents but then I thought it could turn worse..they might induce few more scratches to take revenge...These kids are notorious and I have seen them doing this intentionally on few other cars in the parking lot....they sit on the bonnet and do all kind of wild stuff...:WTF:
One day I also saw them playing with - what you call buggari,bhavra near my car...if it hits yr car then you'll have a big dent !
I was so upset for few days that I used to take a round every one or two hours to check if someone is upto some mischief!
Old 3rd August 2006, 11:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ACCIDENTS HELP REDUCE POPULATION
You have enough guts to have such a sticker in your car. If you get into some accidents and the mob reading such a statement will end up " beating to death will also reduce population". Boy that's a risky one

Though your intention is to give a warning to the guys who're undisciplined, there might be many who had lost their loved ones in accidents & reading such statement would definitely hurts them a lot.
Old 3rd August 2006, 11:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Chill out man. I have a 1.6 of the same color as yours and I exactly know how it feels. Initially I used to be furious but not anymore. It hurts, but it also pays by thinking that there was nothing I could do.

I had once bashed up an auto-wala for grazing my Left side mirror, incidentally the crowd around had sympathies for the autowalah not me, as the auto guy was percieved as one of theirs. Even the policement were watching. Although, nothing happen as I sensed hostility coming much earlier, later on I myself felt very bad about hurting the autowalah (as there was no damage to my car). Teaching him a lesson never solves the problem (cos there are many others). So just feel that you are much better placed than them and go about life. Everyone else knows that in Indian context iis almost next to impossible to avoid scratches (unless u live in a very upmarket neighbourhood and never venture in crowded places -even them nothing can be assured). If possible get the panels touched up once every year would cost not cost you much.
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:52   #12
BHPian

Yepp...1100D,I agree, I posted here to console myself... I am deftly calmer now......heheheheheheee
Old 3rd August 2006, 14:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

My ride's also hurt......Kids cycling(racing/off roadin) in the lane put a small deep dent on my parked Baleno door....

Now i'm in search of some sticker to hide it??? any suggestions !!!
Old 3rd August 2006, 14:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
My ride's also hurt......Kids cycling(racing/off roadin) in the lane put a small deep dent on my parked Baleno door....

Now i'm in search of some sticker to hide it??? any suggestions !!!

Contact CRY (they will be able to provide the best sticker in your case)!
Old 3rd August 2006, 14:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinhegde
Today has been a bad day :(
Morning while coming to office,a cycle wala came and banged into my car sideways leaving few prominent scratches on my black car..Fortunately,there's no dent.
The Sunday before last one, me and my wife decided to do a drive to North Madras (the road runs along the sea) and being Sunday, the roads are free. My black car is gleaming after the 3rd service done the previous day.
We leave after lunch and are waiting at a signal with a Govt. bus alongside. In between, there is just about enough space for a bike to squeeze through, albeit with difficulty. I can see in the RVM an idiotic biker behind me eyeing that space to go thru. Before I can close that gap,the idiot has already made his move - his bike goes thru mostly, but the crashguard hits the front bumper. I think whether I have enough time to get down and go for him. But then the signal turns green and he is off. And he is driving fast, and turned his head back - checking if I am after him. I drive on thinking it is not worth the trouble.

We drive along the coast and finally park the car and sit on the rocks (sea wall) placed along the coast. There are some kids playing in the sea and one of them after finishing his swim, heads for the shore and straight to my car. He looks at his reflection in the window glass. Not satisfied, tries to yank open the RVM, ruffles his hair (leaving salt water on the gleaming car). And then proceeds to sit/jump on the bonnet making it wet and dirty. By this time, I have reached the limit of my patience and run to him. His sister sees me coming and warns him and he runs off. Leave it at that.

We finish the drive, have tea at a restaurant and head for a place of worship to spend some time with God. We come out after sometime and what do I see ? A guy sitting cooly on the bonnet. I am undecided now. Should I blast him ? But its the compound of a religious place - not a good place to create a ruckus. Give him a glare, he gets the message and moves away.

By the time I reach home, I am only thinking of all these incidents and I am irritated and mad. But then, what can be done ? You can't go around thrashing all those that mess with your car. Can you ?

To top all this, the next day, I am on my way to office, stuck in a traffic jam near a school. There are kids all around on cycles, walking etc. Everyone is at a complete stop and this one kid tries to go around my car and falls onto the rear passenger door with his cycle, leaving a 5-inch scratch on the door. Again, what to do to a small kid ?

And nitin, you think you had a bad day ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks