Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2006, 00:31   #1
BHPian

Something unusual......a B.E.S.T. driver charged for lane cutting

Guys, its unusual but yes, a B.E.S.T. bus driver was stopped by the traffic constable & fined for lane-cutting. He probably thought that he would get away with such dangerous lane-cutting (which they normally do). From the inner most lane (left) he takes an extreme right turn squeezing & obstructing vehicles in the other two lanes. Felt like getting down and slapping the crook as I was in the centre lane myself.
Just then, a traffic constable asked the driver to pull aside & stop.

I hope that such reckless & irresponsible behavior of B.E.S.T. bus drivers is dealt with ceriousness. Its feels too unsafe to be driving our babies along with these red monsters who are always on the look out to bully you & act as the big daddies.....(Tbhp members who have driven in Mumbai know that)
Old 2nd August 2006, 00:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

im soo happy this happened.these guys do every wrong thing they possibly could.lane cutting , jumping signals at time , rash driving.and ive never seened them booked.im happy this happened.i hope that driver learns a lesson.

all these BEST guys use the size of their vehicle o bully every one else.

rev
Old 2nd August 2006, 00:57   #3
Senior - BHPian

I dont think all of them are bad...i've had good experiences too with these drivers. Good to see the traffic police doing its job.

Drifter
Old 2nd August 2006, 02:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

yea i not sayin ALL of them are bad.im sayin most of them really push their weight around.

rev
Old 2nd August 2006, 12:08   #5
BHPian

Yeah, some are considerate whereas most are not.
Old 2nd August 2006, 12:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autozealot
From the inner most lane (left) he takes an extreme right turn squeezing & obstructing vehicles in the other two lanes.
This happens every 10 mins at Chembur Naka going towards RK studios at the Akbarally's busstop. Where did this happen ?

A cop pulling up a BEST driver ..starnge bedfellows !! Was the cop having a bad day or was it the driver's bad luck .. I wonder

Sure feels nice to hear the cops doing their stuff. Wish there were more of his kind on the roads.
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:15   #7
F50
Senior - BHPian

All of them are not bad but i admire their judgement while driving, its just great. This incident was strange cop catching a BEST Driver.

Once this happened to me, a BEST and myself crossed a signal under yellow. Driver got away as he was in 1st Lane and I was caught as i was in 2nd.
I argued and didnt pay him anything coz I think crossing under Yellow is an offense. But I asked him one question as follows :

Me : Mere ko ek cheez bolo, us Driver ko kaiko nahi pakda?
Cop : Nahi woh uske pagaar(wage) mein se katega!!

I just said thank you and left. As he gave plenty to laugh about.
Do you think Cop is going to take all the pain to note down the Bus no. then go to Depot and ask about the shifts of drivers and routes and bit more asking and telling and then it wil be deducted from his wage.
Highly Impossible!!

Last edited by F50 : 2nd August 2006 at 13:16.
Old 2nd August 2006, 13:48   #8
BHPian

[quote=normally_crazy] Where did this happen ?

At Tardeo (Bombay Central)
Old 2nd August 2006, 14:01   #9
BHPian

[quote=F50]

Me : Mere ko ek cheez bolo, us Driver ko kaiko nahi pakda?
Cop : Nahi woh uske pagaar(wage) mein se katega!!

Same incident F50, a long time back I was standing at a pedestrian crossing & saw a BEST bus just breaking the red lite. Traffic cop was standing next to me & completely ignored what had happened. I straight away told him-
" Abhi private gaadiwala hota toh tum choddta kya?" guess what he tells me......" Arre Sir jaane do, garib aadmi hai, pagaar me se sau (100) rupiya katjaayega to kamaayega kya!"
I completely disagreed with him. I mean, does that give them the 'licence to kill'

Why do we have to face such double standards from the law enforcers

Last edited by autozealot : 2nd August 2006 at 14:02.
Old 29th August 2006, 20:15   #10
BHPian

Serves him right!!!

Hi,
This is really a good one. They drive like killers and they deserve punishment. However, no one I think had the guts to catch goverment idiots.

This traffic guys has the real guts.. Hats off to you Sir, you have done an excellent job. Now this will serve as an example for other killer drivers on the roads that they too can be punished.
Old 29th August 2006, 21:18   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Makes my day to see B.E.S.T drivers getting caught for once!

I just hope the trend continues, but if it does the commuters are gonna have delays coz the drivers keep breaking the law. Which is the main reason why cops dont catch them. However i think they should start a challan system similar to the one in Delhi to B.E.S.T drivers and have the fine amount billed to homes directly.
Old 12th September 2006, 01:50   #12
BHPian

I'd like to know--did the traffic cop DO anything besides asking the driver to pull aside? I'm willing to wager nothing happened beyond some choice gaalis if the bus driver really managed to cheese the cop off. While Bombay cops turn a blind eye to the misdeeds of BEST drivers, and as much as I hate it, I'm glad we in Bombay don't need to face Dilli's buses--BEST drivers are angels compared to the Dilli bus drivers!
Old 12th September 2006, 11:50   #13

just pulling the driver over isnt the solution, they should be fined and booked under IPC as they are risking lives of not only the commuters travelling but also the car passengers, best punishment is to make them drive the bus without pay for a week, so they learn to to respect the work and the law
Old 12th September 2006, 12:01   #14
BHPian

It was a rare incident first of all. When a traffic cop catch holds of a bus-walla he must be really having a bad day I guess. Even though he doesnt manage to actually get the license, the bus route & regn. no. are enough to make the driver poorer by 50-100 Rupees after informing the concerned Depot Master. Traffic cops dont like to be abused (gaalis) be it BESTwalla or a RR walla

az
Old 12th September 2006, 16:53   #15

Thats so brave of the police.....hey just wanted to know if he has some relatives in Hyderabad.......the bus drivers in Hyd are all the Killers.....

they have no patience..and no common sense....

henceforth the license should be given based on the patience of the driver..and not his driving skills..

cheers
Annu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks