Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 12:21   #301
BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Has somebody got fastag for car which is under company car lease plan.

Car is registered in my company's name, should i need to purchase tag as a "Corporate". If so then i need PAN and address proof of my company to get tag.
Old 25th May 2016, 02:42   #302
BHPian

I completed a 930 kilometer journey yesterday and none of the toll plazas in Harayana, Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh had fastag working. On Manesar, HR and a toll near Ajmer, RJ, the sensor could not read my vehicle's tag and the remaining toll plazas just had the fastag lanes barricaded. Sheer waste of time and money I invested in getting this worthless piece of sensor.

To add insult to injury, my mailing address has been recorded incorrectly and they want me to submit my docs again to correct it. I mean, their associate makes a mistake and I pay for it? On complaining that fastag did not work at operational toll plazas, they said that the tag may have a defect and I'll have to reach out to the same POS to get it replaced. I'm in Indore for the next 6 months and wont be driving back to Delhi anytime soon. Effectively, I threw away 1000 bucks
k.sumit is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2016, 14:28   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
The only place I intend to use FasTag regularly is the E-City gates and the system here is as unreliable as possible - works once in a blue moon. The chap manning the gate says there could be a server problem as the system is usually not working. I think there is more to it than appears
Any improvement at the E-City gates? My BETL balance would run out in the next 10 days and I am wondering if I should switch to FasTag. I use the BETL everyday and outstation trips towards Chennai or Coimbatore would probably be once in two months. To make my outstation trips easy, I don't want to mess up my daily commute. Any suggestions?
Old 29th May 2016, 22:02   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Any improvement at the E-City gates? My BETL balance would run out in the next 10 days and I am wondering if I should switch to FasTag. I use the BETL everyday and outstation trips towards Chennai or Coimbatore would probably be once in two months. To make my outstation trips easy, I don't want to mess up my daily commute. Any suggestions?
I got Fastag for the same usageas yourself. I dont use E-city elevated highway often but I did last week and it works. Attibelle seems OK. Krishnagiri on either to Chennai or CBE dont find too many tolls using it. It is a big let down. My wife was skeptocal but it but I debated with her and went to get it - so you know how I feel now when we stand in the queue
rohing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 13:12   #305
BHPian

Quote:
I did a trip on Thursday, the last.

The only thing that had changed is that I was allowed to pass without being questioned as the FasTag reader did not work. On my return, it worked like a charm and I received the SMS shortly thereafter.

The only saving grace is that irrrespective of whether the FasTag scanners read or not, you can take the e-lanes at all times (they're way faster as you may already know) and pay and pass if at all they don't work.

Last edited by pannags : 30th May 2016 at 13:14.
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 13:36   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
It is a big let down. My wife was skeptocal but it but I debated with her and went to get it - so you know how I feel now when we stand in the queue
Quote:
I did a trip on Thursday, the last.

The only thing that had changed is that I was allowed to pass without being questioned as the FasTag reader did not work. On my return, it worked like a charm and I received the SMS shortly thereafter.
I think I will stick to the BETL smart card for now. Hearing these comments I don't think its wise to switch now.
Old 30th May 2016, 15:35   #307
BHPian

Did a bangalore-chennai-bangalore first time after getting fastag'ed. Fastag worked in all except Krishnagiri where I was let off without any during onward, manual scanner used while returning (but no charge reflected in my account yet). Tried using in BETL while returning, it didn't work. Had to pay cash.

On the other tolls where it was working, it's either dedicated closed lanes or a mix. but you surely save a lot of time.
Vizay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 19:01   #308
BHPian

Quote:
I think I will stick to the BETL smart card for now. Hearing these comments I don't think its wise to switch now.
Unless you are driving out of town often, its useless to switch to FasTag. What really angers me the most is that I have to explain and argue every time the system does not work - which is like 70% of the time - that I have enough charge left and will not buy a ticket!
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 19:37   #309
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What really angers me the most is that I have to explain and argue every time the system does not work - which is like 70% of the time - that I have enough charge left and will not buy a ticket!
There is no need to explain or argue - just pay by cash and proceed. See the FAQs on the ICICI Fastag site, @Arun had also mentioned this in his earlier post here
Old 30th May 2016, 20:16   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
Fastag worked in all except Krishnagiri where I was let off without any during onward, manual scanner used while returning (but no charge reflected in my account yet).
I faced the same situation @ Krishnagiri toll. Now it is 15 days passed and the money has not been deducted yet.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 20:23   #311
Senior - BHPian

Again the same situation at every toll plaza's here in and around Mumbai to Ahmedabad route, Even though there are several new signs around the toll's saying, "Vehicle entering the fast tag lane without the appropriate tag will be fined two times the charge", Still the fast tag lanes are used as normal lanes, Its sort of destroys the point of going through the effort of getting yourself a fast tag when you anyways have to wait in the queue like everyone and have to mention the problem people are facing like Double charging, Fast tag camera's not working, I still feel to all this to sort out and for us to have a trouble free toll experience it would roughly take another 2-3 years atleast, Till then i am not going to get a fast tag for myself.
Old 6th June 2016, 10:31   #312
BHPian

Does anyone know / confirm if the daily/multiple trip pass or Return pass calculation works in FASTag? BETL? Or it continues to deduct full amount everytime when you use the FASTag to cross toll irrespective of the number of times you are using it within a day or 24 hrs window?
Old 6th June 2016, 11:04   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizay View Post
Does anyone know / confirm if the daily/multiple trip pass or Return pass calculation works in FASTag? BETL? Or it continues to deduct full amount everytime when you use the FASTag to cross toll irrespective of the number of times you are using it within a day or 24 hrs window?
I travelled last saturday and also multiple times in the past. FASTag correctly deducts the amount if you are returning within the same day, including BETL toll and in all tolls between Bangalore-Madras route. Whatever amount is mentioned for Return trip, only that much is deducted. No double charging, so no worries.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 06:53   #314
BHPian

Has anyone got the 10% of the toll paid using FasTag as cash back as promised by the Government for the year 2016-2017?

Since the investment on the tag is only 200/- (another 200/- being a refundable deposit and 100/- being minimum balance, both of which can be got back on cancellation of the tag account), I am finding it worthwhile even if it fails to get read at 50% of the tolls and I have to spend time in the queue.
Old 8th June 2016, 10:26   #315
BHPian

Fastag lane at Rasampalayam, Namakkal captures the pic of the vehicle and the image is uploaded to Fastag ICICI website.Below is one of such pic
Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-01051001829f.jpg

This toll is very notorious in double charging at times :(. They charged me instead of someone else. Below is the pic of other vehicle

Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-01051001788f.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks