Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2016, 13:42   #286
BHPian

Re: Fastag update on the Bangalore - Nagercoil/Kanyakumari/Trivandrum stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
As per the Fastag active toll plaza list, Fastag is supposed to be active at these tolls, but actually they are not active. So, don't depend on the information published in this link to buy Fastag RFID.

http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...ag/index.page?

Also, when I checked at these toll plazas they said it might take 15-60 days to activate Fastag.

Attachment 1507900
My suggestion. Stand your ground and ask for the supervisor. Make a complaint to NHAI later by email mentioning time date and toll location.As per the SOP published on NHAI website, if the system does not work the toll operator has to allow the vehicle free of cost. I suspect the toll operator are reluctant to implement the fastag and we as a community have to force the issue.
Old 17th May 2016, 15:45   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
My suggestion. Stand your ground and ask for the supervisor. Make a complaint to NHAI later by email mentioning time date and toll location.As per the SOP published on NHAI website, if the system does not work the toll operator has to allow the vehicle free of cost. I suspect the toll operator are reluctant to implement the fastag and we as a community have to force the issue.
I have already raised a request with ICICI Fastag customer care based on the below information. And they said this issue is already escalated with NHAI. Are you aware of any email id of NHAI which can be effective for this kind of issue?

Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-snap2.jpg
Old 17th May 2016, 16:04   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
already escalated with NHAI. Are you aware of any email id of NHAI which can be effective for this kind of issue?

Attachment 1508064
May be you can report in mail ID mentioned by Adnaps here.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 16:46   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Finally I got the Fastag after 13 days!
Why it caused so much of a delay?

When I applied (May3rd), I went to the ICICI bank branch with my colleague's cheque (I hadn't got one).
I was writing the payee name when the lady in the Bank was dictating. I heard one letter wrong and misspelt it.
I couldn't correct it as it wasn't my cheque and the cheque owner wasn't with me.
So she agreed to send her executive to collect my cheque from my home the next day (which he promptly did)
I was informed that my ID would be ready by tuesday (May 10th)

When I called, my application was misplaced
But then by the next day, they found it and things moved forward.
On Friday(May13th), I got a message that my ID is active and I could login. I checked everything on-line and it was fine.
I called them up again and the lady told me that I could come and collect it.

When I went there, she couldn't find my tag
The executive who had collected the cheque had kept it with him to deliver to me!
I was not at home during the weekend and hence he finally delivered it yesterday (May16th)

So what was a 3 day process, became a 13 day process!!!
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 15:07   #290
BHPian

Traveled to my hometown near Namakkal and came back yesterday. Fastag was operational in all the tolls except Thoppur. Krishnagiri toll allowed all vehicles to use the Fastag lane. Toll counter person had to manually scan the tag. In all other places, it was just a zip thru.

Glad to see things coming in place
sbala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 13:13   #291
BHPian

How about the FASTag application documents, if the car is registered in Company's name (as in CarLease programs). Does the employee needs to attach any authorization letter?
Old 19th May 2016, 20:05   #292
sud
BHPian

Just got mine today. I am going to Chennai tomorrow and will see how many tolls accept it.
Old 19th May 2016, 20:48   #293
Senior - BHPian

Krishnagiri - major confusion on which Lane is Fastag. Ended up paying cash

Vaniyampadi: did not work at all. Wasted 15 min

Worked everywhere else

Pallikonda did not apply the daily pass rate - 75 both ways

Last edited by sridhu : 19th May 2016 at 20:50.
Old 21st May 2016, 01:21   #294
sud
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud View Post
Just got mine today. I am going to Chennai tomorrow and will see how many tolls accept it.
All tolls worked for me starting atibele on the way from whitefield, bangalore to chennai. But except atibele and vaniyambadi toll, others were allowing all other vehicles to pass by. So it beats the purpose.
sud is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 09:18   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
May be you can report in mail ID mentioned by Adnaps here.
Thanks for the pointer. I sent an email (robangalore@nhai.org, ronhaibangalore@gmail.com) regarding the Krishnagiri toll issue allowing all cars in Fastag lane and regarding the incorrect information about the active toll plazas in NHAI/ICICI Fastag website.

But since these tolls comes under Chennai circle, I was asked to email rochennai@nhai.org, nhaichennairo@gmail.com, kri@nhai.org. No response so far.

Meanwhile others who face issues at Krishnagiri toll or other tolls in Tamil Nadu which are still allowing all vehicles in the Fastag lane, please drop an email at rochennai@nhai.org, nhaichennairo@gmail.com, kri@nhai.org.

Lets report these incidents regularly and bring attention to this. There will be strength in numbers.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th May 2016 at 16:02. Reason: Fixing minor spacing issue affecting mobile users.
arun_josie is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 19:12   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the pointer. I sent an email ... ...
That's a nice initiative, I have been doing the same by writing complaints with complete information of what happened to the PMO's grievance redressal. The NHAI Chennai Regional Manager called me and spoke to me at length about the problems that they are facing and what steps they are taking to rectify it. I was satisfied with the response and he also informed me that all tolls have been given 2 handheld scanners which can be used in case the automatic scanning fails. So anyone facing issues with automatic scanning please ask for the handheld scanners. I have also given him the link to this thread which he has promised to follow, so any issues or problems please post here as well mail the relevant authorities.

The government has pushed through with an ambitious project and given subsidy to the users as well, it's time we as a community fight for its effective implementation which can save the country thousands of crores.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th May 2016 at 16:03. Reason: Shortening quoted post, since its right above yours ;)
shyampsunder is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2016, 19:21   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Finally I got the Fastag after 13 days!
Why it caused so much of a delay?
I believe you have a BETL tag as well. Have you you found a solution to both the tags being read when you use the BETL RFID lanes?

-- wind

Last edited by ampere : 9th December 2016 at 13:24. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 23rd May 2016, 08:53   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
I believe you have a BETL tag as well. Have you you found a solution to both the tags being read when you use the BETL RFID lanes?
-- wind
For now the FASTag is not pasted permanently. I'll paste it only after the BETL RFID balance becomes zero
Old 23rd May 2016, 10:52   #299
BHPian

I couldn't use FASTag on Bangalore-Mangalore highway over the weekend. The FASTag lanes are blocked and the operator mentioned around 2 months to get it started. Had complained on pgportal which gets you a typical response. I will complain again. Does anyone know if NH48 comes under Chennai RO?
Old 23rd May 2016, 11:17   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmania View Post
I couldn't use FASTag on Bangalore-Mangalore highway over the weekend. The FASTag lanes are blocked and the operator mentioned around 2 months to get it started. Had complained on pgportal which gets you a typical response. I will complain again. Does anyone know if NH48 comes under Chennai RO?
You can contact Bangalore RO, they are responsive and can guide you if this comes under a different RO.

Tel: 080- 28397156 / 28397171
Direct Fax: 080- 28377171.
E-mail : robangalore@nhai.org; ronhaibangalore@gmail.com

Last edited by arun_josie : 23rd May 2016 at 11:21.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks