Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2016, 08:36   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection

Was traveling by a VRL bus on Saturday night from BLR to Belgaum. It must be the first toll after Nelamangala, our bus which had Fastag enabled lined up to enter the Fastag lane. The lane was open, but being around mid-night, no other vehicles in the lane. As we started to approach the booth, the operator just lowered the barricade on the entry side and just did not allow us to enter the lane. No amount of telling him about the Fastag helped. We finally had to back-out of the lane, and get into another cash-only lane to go.

So much for Fastag. Apparently, the booth operators (operating agency) says that the bank to which we pay is not available at their location. B S !!

And if Fastag was not enabled, they better close that lane / remove the board ..
Old 11th May 2016, 10:52   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Was traveling by a VRL bus on Saturday night from BLR to Belgaum. It must be the first toll after Nelamangala, our bus which had Fastag enabled lined up to enter the Fastag lane. The lane was open, but being around mid-night, no other vehicles in the lane. As we started to approach the booth, the operator just lowered the barricade on the entry side and just did not allow us to enter the lane. No amount of telling him about the Fastag helped. We finally had to back-out of the lane, and get into another cash-only lane to go.

So much for Fastag. Apparently, the booth operators (operating agency) says that the bank to which we pay is not available at their location. B S !!

And if Fastag was not enabled, they better close that lane / remove the board ..
Please report the details to robangalore@nhai.org, ronhaibangalore@gmail.com. Action was taken when I mailed these ID's with regard to Devanhalli toll.
adnaps is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 17:46   #273
Senior - BHPian

Did a Bangalore-Madras-Bangalore trip yesterday and returned to Bangalore today.

In both ways, in krishnagiri toll, now they accept FASTag in FASTag lane but through a manually hand held scanner device. The booth operator had to come out of the booth and scan the RFID tag in car windshield. And then had to go back to enter the details in the system to open barrier gate. The overall process was more time consuming than the cash payment in this toll. On top of that, all vehicles are allowed in FASTag lane. So until they make a dedicated lane and automatic RFID scanner, it may be wiser to pay toll by cash in Krishnagiri toll in a lane with least no. of vehicles.

BTW, in my last 5 weeks continous trips to Madras, i specifically noticed that in FASTag lane, more and more trucks are entering and still paying by cash although there are other queues which has comparatively lesser vehicles. Don't know why. This is happening in Sriperumbudur Nemili toll and Chennasamudram tolls all the time. Anyone observed this?

I don't think in both Sriperumbudur toll & Chennasamudram toll will ever have dedicated lane for FASTag and by design its going to be mixed lane on these tolls.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 12th May 2016 at 17:53.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 08:47   #274
Distinguished - BHPian

Does Fastag work in attibele, thoppur, omalur toll(all towards salem)?
Old 13th May 2016, 09:48   #275
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
My recent experience (April 30th) with FasTag on this route is detailed here

Attibele should not be a problem, take the left most lane where you will mostly find buses, but be careful - there are 2 barricades with the second one being a real heavy one so a slight miss and your cars' front windshield will be gone, so wait for the sensor to recognise the tag and open the barricade before you proceed.

Last edited by NPV : 13th May 2016 at 09:51.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 09:59   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attibelle toll works like charm. No issues.
I haven't travelled towards Salem side since April when majority of the NHs are covered by FASTag. However, i heard that in Thoppur it is still not working as expected. Can't recollect reading about Omalur toll status.

-Ravi
Old 13th May 2016, 13:48   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Got my wastage today.

Stupid question but here goes:

Have you guys stuck it with the ICICI and Fastag branding or can i just stick the RFID?

The ICICI and Fastag branding are stuck behind the RFID as a separate one piece sticker and both are the RFID and branding are glued. So i assume the rfid only should work. Only issue i see is that it if i remove the branding, the guys at the barriers to the etc lane may not recognise it.
Old 13th May 2016, 13:52   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Got my wastage today.
Stupid Auto correct I guess

Quote:
Only issue i see is that it if i remove the branding, the guys at the barriers to the etc lane may not recognise it.
Yes, I would suggest keeping the branding intact for this same reason.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 14:18   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Attibelle toll works like charm. No issues...
I did Blr-Cbe-Blr a week back. Fastag works only in Attibele. Fastag (dedicated) lanes are yet to be operational in other tolls and are either closed or operated as manual cash lanes.
ventoman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 08:07   #280
BHPian

Fastag Bengaluru Airport to City

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Update as of 2nd May evening.

The Fastag system failed to work. However I was allowed to pass through without payment of toll. In effect I have had a toll free experience for the last 6 days

I guess one fine day they will wake up recover the arrears.
Update as of 13th evening

The system continues to be unreliable. It did not work. Went through the adjacent lane without paying toll. After exiting , parked my car on the side and went up to the supervisor. He in turn connected me to the IT Manager of the Toll company. It turned out that they have issued a mobile reader to the staff for use when the automatic system does not work. After some searching the device was located but the staff had no clue how to use it. Finally an engineer appeared and he could take a manual read.

On further discussion , the engineer mentioned that the automatic system had been working in the afternoon and he suspected there was a error with my tag. I offered to reverse my car and drive through the fastag lane again. Second time around the system failed to work again. On my request the toll company car was brought and the system failed to work even with that.

Point proven I left after the staff accepted the problem with their system.
adnaps is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 09:46   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Fastag update on the Bangalore - Nagercoil/Kanyakumari/Trivandrum stretch

Fastag update on the Bangalore - Nagercoil/Kanyakumari/Trivandrum stretch.

Number of Tolls: 11
Fastag lane available: 10 (Not activated in 5 of them)
Fastag worked successfully: 4
Allowed to pass without payment: 1
  1. Attibele - Fastag WORKED, other vehicles were NOT allowed on the Fastag lane, I received SMS after crossing the toll. Happiness is when you have Fastag and it works without any glitch This is the first time, it has worked for me.
  2. Krishnagiri - Other vehicles were allowed on the Fastag lane, when I said Fastag, they were looking around for the manual scanner, but finally they allowed me to pass without paying the toll. No SMS received till now.
  3. Thoppur - Fastag lane available, but still not activated.
  4. Omalur - Fastag Activated, Other vehicles were allowed on the Fastag lane, as per toll booth guy their system didn't detect my RFID. So, I had to pay cash. When I asked why Non Fastag vehicles are allowed on Fastag lane, he asked me to raise a complaint with higher officials
  5. Rasampalayam - Fastag WORKED, other vehicles were NOT allowed on the Fastag lane, I received SMS after crossing the toll. It looked like these guys were waiting for a vehicle with Fastag, as soon as I said Fastag around 3-4 guys came running in and the Fastag got detected successfully. Everyone watched that and they noted my car number as well.
  6. Velanchettiyur - Fastag WORKED, other vehicles were NOT allowed on the Fastag lane, I received SMS after crossing the toll. This experience was even better, Fastag got detected and my car number and toll amount was displayed.
  7. Kodai Road - Fastag WORKED, other vehicles were NOT allowed on the Fastag lane, I received SMS after crossing the toll. Again worked without any issues.
  8. Kappalur - No Fastag lane available yet, however there were couple of Fastag board.
  9. Etturvattam - Dedicated Fastag lane available but it was CLOSED and not yet activated.
  10. Salaipudhur - Dedicated Fastag lane is available but it was CLOSED and not yet activated.
  11. Nanguneri - Dedicated Fastag lane is available but it was CLOSED and not yet activated.
arun_josie is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 14th May 2016, 12:16   #282
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fastag update on the Bangalore - Nagercoil/Kanyakumari/Trivandrum stretch

Quote:

This is an excellent update @arun_josie. Much awaited one to get complete picture. Thanks very much for posting very detailed update.

-Ravi
Old 16th May 2016, 23:02   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Here is the update during the return journey,

Fastag lane available: 10
Fastag worked successfully: 6

• Like the onward journey, it worked flawlessly in Kodai Road, Velanchettiyur, Rasampalayam, Attibele.
  • This time it worked at Krishnagiri as well, but they used a manual reader. Worst thing is all cars were allowed in this lane.
  • And the 6th toll where it worked successfully this time was Omalur. Only Fastag cars were allowed in this lane.

Here is the pic from Krishnagiri toll. All cars were allowed in Fastag lane.

Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-img20160516wa0020.jpg
arun_josie is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 08:03   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

The person in charge of Fastag of ICICI bank told that it would work on the Bandra Worli Sea Link and said that the website needs to be updated since it's not mentioned there.

Based on that a few of us bought the Fastag since that's the primarily used toll.

First time i used tried it, it did not work. I went to the BWSL office at the toll plaza and they said the ETC is not integrated and not expected anytime soon.

The same night another friend went through ETC and using Fastag and the boom opened (no sms receiving though and no money cut) on going but didn't work on the return.

These guys should seriously pull up their socks.
Old 17th May 2016, 10:50   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Kappalur - No Fastag lane available yet, however there were couple of Fastag board.
[*]Etturvattam - Dedicated Fastag lane available but it was CLOSED and not yet activated.
[*]Salaipudhur - Dedicated Fastag lane is available but it was CLOSED and not yet activated.
[*]Nanguneri - Dedicated Fastag lane is available but it was CLOSED and not yet activated.[/list]
As per the Fastag active toll plaza list, Fastag is supposed to be active at these tolls, but actually they are not active. So, don't depend on the information published in this link to buy Fastag RFID.

http://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Ba...ag/index.page?

Also, when I checked at these toll plazas they said it might take 15-60 days to activate Fastag.

Government launches 'FASTag' - Electronic Toll Collection-snap4.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks