Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2014, 20:05   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service *EDIT: Banned in Delhi, Telangana, Thailand & Spain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Uber in bangalore is offering 50% discount for airport to city travel.

Attachment 1287979

Will try it in coming travel and see how it is.
Will use tomorrow and confirm.

I used Uber from my house in Sarjapur road to Airport on Saturday. The total fare was Rs.750 for 51.6kms!!

A Meru/Mega costs around Rs.1200.

What I did not understand is why they levy airport toll both ways. Even to go to airport my bill showed Rs.115 as airport toll.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 20:08   #122
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service *EDIT: Banned in Delhi, Telangana, Thailand & Spain*

There is a 'commercial tax' levied on all commercial vehicles, for a taxi it is 45/- one way. On the Mehrauli Gurgaon road there is a small toll plaza just after the Arjangarh airforce station, similarly on the NH8 there are a couple of operational booths on extreme left hand for the same purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I noticed that Uber still charges a round trip toll between Delhi and gurgaon, even though it's been scrapped. I wonder why that is. They haven't yet responded to my email about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I am not extremely sure about this, going by what a Uber driver was telling me. He said toll-tax is collected for taxis going to Delhi from Gurgaon at the border, but not the other way round, ie- a yellow board entering Gurgaon from Delhi. He said, the driver pays cash and it is added to the bill amount.
It should definitely not be a round trip definitely. How much is the amount?
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 20:29   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
See what I mean? Used them 3 times yesterday. Waiting period consistently less than 10 minutes. 1 Altis and 2 Innovas.....haven't gotten a premium Euro in over a month though

Uber rocks if you're visiting an area with zero parking, or on late nights out.

Attachment 1287549
Looks like it was even sooner!!!

UberX now in Mumbai. You can totally forget taking your car out now.

Check out the rates: http://blog.uber.com/MUMuberX
Old 16th September 2014, 00:19   #124
BHPian

Anyone using Uber, use this coupon reqq7

Users receive ₹300 of Uber credit toward their first ride when they sign up with that invite code. I got that from a friend and I got ₹300 worth drive in Chennai. I got a Merc in one of the drives.

Infact I had a funny situation. Out of the USA consulate, as soon as we got out of the Visa Interview, my FiL wanted to have the tender coconut. While having the coconut a auto driver asked if we wanted a Taxi. By then I had already requested Uber services, just to compare I asked about the price to my hotel and he quote an notorious fare. I just shrugged of and said its very expensive. Within a minute of this conversation the merc from Uber landed up and we got it and drove.

FiL started laughing and said the expression of the rick driver who was standing on the road end was PRICELESS!!!
Twinn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 10:41   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Looks like it was even sooner!!!

UberX now in Mumbai. You can totally forget taking your car out now.

Check out the rates: http://blog.uber.com/MUMuberX
Tried to use UberX yesterday and even though there were a car or two 13 mins away I got no response after trying twice. Switched to Uber black and had a car under my house in 15 mins. Surprisingly Uber doesn't let me put the pick up location as my building complex, I have to put it 2 mins away and then direct the driver where to come. Its a bit silly, but I would think these guys would be expanding every couple of months.
Old 16th September 2014, 11:51   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
There is a 'commercial tax' levied on all commercial vehicles, for a taxi it is 45/- one way. On the Mehrauli Gurgaon road there is a small toll plaza just after the Arjangarh airforce station, similarly on the NH8 there are a couple of operational booths on extreme left hand for the same purpose.
The amount was 68/-. Do Delhi registered cabs also need to pay this? He never stopped at the toll booth hence the doubt.
Old 16th September 2014, 12:27   #127
Senior - BHPian

All DL-Y; DL-Z registered taxis hired by us do pay up.

Quote:
The amount was 68/-. Do Delhi registered cabs also need to pay this? He never stopped at the toll booth hence the doubt.
Old 16th September 2014, 15:23   #128
BHPian

Their site was down, apparently for some upgrade
In Pune, they have introduced Uber X and I got a request to upgrade the app.

Having used Uber AND Ola initially - to compare their services, I can say with reasonable confidence that Uber is far superior to Ola. Now, having introduced the UberX I am interested to see how Ola customers react and if they shift loyalties.

Though this is not a comparison thread, these are the reasons why I like Uber (apart from the fact that I don't have to carry cash):

- Unlike Ola, they dont text you that driver has reached 20 and sometimes 40 min before the driver ACTUALLY reaches you.
- I am yet to find an Uber driver who says that I don't know where the airport is
- Most Uber drivers are very polite, very very polite.
Old 18th September 2014, 15:35   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I noticed that Uber still charges a round trip toll between Delhi and gurgaon, even though it's been scrapped. I wonder why that is. They haven't yet responded to my email about it.
Quote:
I hired a Ola last week from Gurgaon to Delhi, and had to pay this amount. In my case it was 65. Your cab didn't make a stop as he must be carrying a monthly pass - basically a shiny hologram kind of a sticker pasted on the windshield.

Ola driver told me earlier they used to get this pass, but passengers often complained about the extra 65 bucks in the bill, so now they take it on the spot and handover the receipt.

Further, he added, it is very easy to pay and get this receipt while entering Delhi but a not so pleasant experience while entering HR or UP from Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
There is a 'commercial tax' levied on all commercial vehicles, for a taxi it is 45/- one way.
Bang on!
Old 18th September 2014, 21:56   #130
Senior - BHPian

How good is Uber in "urgent" cases?

Like you want to move out of your house/office/place in the next 10-15 minutes.
Do the Uber blokes arrive fast (on an average) or its hit or miss - sometimes in 5 minutes other times more than 30 mins?

Also what about availability during off-normal hours like extreme late night and wee morning hours? (The exact time when you won't find autos and the Merus and Olas never respond)
Old 19th September 2014, 02:21   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post

Do the Uber blokes arrive fast (on an average) or its hit or miss - sometimes in 5 minutes other times more than 30 mins?

Also what about availability during off-normal hours like extreme late night and wee morning hours? (The exact time when you won't find autos and the Merus and Olas never respond)
I won't use uber for emergency purposes. It all depends on how many uber tied up cars are plying around in your locality at that time.

By the way, I am in San Jose, CA currently for a business trip and configured Uber app to my local CA number, added the official credit card to my Uber account (which I otherwise use it to pay my official bills including local cabs while on business travel). VOILA. Now I get to pay almost half the amount for all my cab commutes within the city. Available classes are uberX, uberXL, BLACK CAR and SUV

And oh, about the rides I got to get in? Yesterday it was the C Class and today its one of Jeep's SUV for UBER X class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

If you cancel before 5 mins = no charge.
If you cancel after 5 mins = you get charged.
If the driver cancels (after 5 mins?) = he has to pay the penalty.
Is it different else where in CA? Today I booked the cab through uber. After 15 minutes or so, the driver called me and informed that she was stuck in slow traffic due to an accident and will take more time to reach my place. She asked me to cancel the request and raise a new one so that I can get a ride quickly. I told her about the cancellation charges, since its more than 15 minutes, she assured me that she called the Customer care to inform about the delay and was asked by them to cancel the booking myself without any cancellation charges.

Last edited by ajmat : 19th September 2014 at 09:25.
Old 19th September 2014, 07:09   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Max waiting time for me has been 18mins. I stay in the outskirts of Bangalore. In town waiting is not more than 10mins.

Availability during off peak hours i.e. late night/early morning is easy. The problem is peak hours as cabs are booked out. Sometimes it's difficult to get a cab and even if you do they charge a higher fare known as Surge pricing.

They are actually more reliable for urgent cases. I have had Meru/Ola ditch me with confirmed advance booking.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 10:03   #133

Quote:

IMO, It depends on where you live ie. in the outskirts or within the City. I stay within in the city limits in Chennai and my waiting time is mostly between 10 and 25 minutes. From what I've seen, uber is most common in the IT corridor. So if you stay anywhere near the IT corridor then you're sure to find one easily.
Old 19th September 2014, 13:03   #134
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore - Taxi app Uber offers free Mini Cooper rides

Quote:
Uber has partnered with Mini to take car enthusiasts on a spin on Mini Hatch * the original three-door Mini, the Mini Convertible, and the Mini Countryman.
“The offer is only on Saturday and offers a 15-minute ride per trip with a maximum of two people per vehicle,” said Bhavik Rathod, GM of Uber Bangalore. Enthusiasts can open the Uber app any time between noon and 8 pm and request for a ride. Users can also call a toll free number to make the request.
Old 19th September 2014, 16:49   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Bangalore - Taxi app Uber offers free Mini Cooper rides

Good marketing. If only this could be self driven too. ;-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks