Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2015, 13:07   #766
Team-BHP Support

Re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service

Uber has started accepting cash payments in Mumbai.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 13:25   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Uber has started accepting cash payments in Mumbai.
Some of my colleagues have started using this and reported that it works fine.

I have switched almost entirely to card payments these days. You just store your card details in the app and select the card when requesting a Uber. after the ride is complete and anytime before you need the service again, fire up the app, it will show you the outstanding amount. Enter your CVV and it takes you to a "Verified by Visa/3D pin" page. To bypass this you can select "Authorize using OTP" option. Wait a few seconds, enter the OTP it sends to your device and voila! Payment goes through.

Sounds a bit complicated but it's actually not bad at all once you get used to it. Only problem is it adds a delay to your next booking so not reccomended if you have back-to-back rides planned in the day. But in such cases just load up 1000-2000 or however you need into your Paytm and use it seamlessly by selecting that option. Or just go cash.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:30   #768
Distinguished - BHPian

Uber bringing Car Pool Service to Bangalore- UberPool

http://newsroom.uber.com/bangalore/2015/09/uberpoolblr/

Quote:

Launching soon in Bangalore, with uberPool, you will be able to share a ride—and split the cost—with another person who happens to be requesting a ride along a similar route in your city. When we find a match, we notify you of your co-rider’s first name. The beauty, though, is that you still get Uber’s signature on-demand convenience and reliability at the tap of a button.

With UberPOOL we’ll aim to achieve our shared vision to make Bangalore a city of the future – one that looks a whole lot greener, cleaner, and more efficient thanks to fewer cars and more shared rides. Reducing the number of cars on the roads is beneficial not only to the environment, but also helps reduce traffic and congestion currently faced by commuters in our city.
Not sure about the greener, cleaner, efficient part.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 22nd September 2015 at 10:31.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:42   #769
Senior - BHPian

How to check your rating in uber.

Quote:
Tap on the profile icon in the top-left corner.
Tap “Help.”
Tap “Account.”
Tap “I’d like to know my rating.”
Tap “Submit.”
You’ll get an email from Uber with your rating.
From here - http://qz.com/466787/how-to-find-you...senger-rating/
Rahulkool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 08:51   #770
BHPian

Just saw the surge pricing of Uber Go up to 4x in my area.. Makes the Uber Black less expensive!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-1442978467440.jpg  

Old 23rd September 2015, 11:09   #771
Senior - BHPian

Extensively used Uber on recent trip to Kolkata. Except for one instance, all rides were a good experience. Tried cash payment once or twice, however the one time, driver extracted parking charges from me even when I tried to explain that it is included in the fare. The uber customer service was prompt to refund the amount.

The only time we didn't use uber was catching a 6:50 am flight out of Mumbai. So far availability of uber during very early morning is scarce.

Been using uber now for a while and here are my observations :
1. 99.99% drivers are polite and friendly
2. Cars are well maintained
3. Customer service is excellent
4. Cheaper than regular cabs and auto for 10+ km distance (Mumbai area at least)
5. Availability at mornings is not reliable. Needed to book radio taxis

Note - surge pricing might be applicable at times, but I've needed to use it only once. Usually surge pricing is applicable for a short while and there is an option that notifies you when surge is no longer in effect.

Last edited by blackwasp : 23rd September 2015 at 11:17.
Old 23rd September 2015, 11:48   #772
Senior - BHPian

Why do I still not get the option of cash payment on Uber?
Is it to do with the app? (I am on Windows Phone 8,1)
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:55   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Why do I still not get the option of cash payment on Uber?
Is it to do with the app? (I am on Windows Phone 8,1)
Did you check for an update? Usually new features are implemented via app updates.
Old 23rd September 2015, 15:31   #774
Distinguished - BHPian

Had read about Uber offering free WIFI in their cabs. But assumed it was only for Uber Black and not in Bangalore. Today when booking a ride for my wife, saw a separate tab for Uberwifi under Uber X (Not for Go or Black). Screen shot below (Location for reference only-Not the actual booking location).

Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-uber.jpg

The driver has an Airtel 4G Hotspot device (Link) and you can directly connect to it once in the cab. There is no data usage limit.

As per feedback from my wife, she was able connect and do some work on her laptop through the journey.

A good initiative considering the increasing travel times especially if one needs to get work done on the laptop. Of course one can use personal mobile data plan or the mobile as a hotspot, but that can burn through battery and data limits pretty quickly.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:44   #775
Team-BHP Support

I've pretty much ditched Ola completely after Uber started accepting cash payments (I'm not comfortable saving CC details on apps, I'm paranoid that way). I don't mind carrying some petty cash around, and Uber cabs are cheaper and provide far better service, at least so far.
Old 26th September 2015, 15:38   #776
BHPian

Uber has quietly introduced a "Long distance surcharge" in Hyderabad that kicks in when the trip distance is more than 14kms. After 14kms, the charges for UberGo is 14 rupees per kilometer (vs 7 per km). Thanks to this, my thirty km commute now costs close to 400 rupees - more than 30% increase.

Not sure how this "Long distance surcharge" works in case of surge pricing. For now, I am switching back to Ola.
venuvedam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 20:51   #777
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
Uber has quietly introduced a "Long distance surcharge" in Hyderabad that kicks in when the trip distance is more than 14kms. After 14kms, the charges for UberGo is 14 rupees per kilometer (vs 7 per km). Thanks to this, my thirty km commute now costs close to 400 rupees - more than 30% increase.

Not sure how this "Long distance surcharge" works in case of surge pricing. For now, I am switching back to Ola.
I thought the longer you travel the profitable it is to the taxi driver. But with this surcharge it seems they don't like customers who travel long distances.
Old 29th September 2015, 08:53   #778
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post

This is a Logic Fail by Uber. Drivers care more about securing their daily incentive by completing 8/13 rides. So they would be interested in shorter trips though they might earn less. But uber thinks that drivers will get benefitted by earning more after 15km. These days, drivers request me to split the ride into two so that they can get two rides instead of one for the same duration. Either they request me directly or indirectly try to convince me saying that I will benefit from lesser fares. Sometimes they are even ready to give back the base fare for the second ride.

If your trip is more than 25kms and you arent in much of a hurry, you can split the journey after around 14kms. Shorter trips dont give much of a savings but.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 10:35   #779
Team-BHP Support

Slightly OT - UberWIFI with Airtel 4G speedtest result - pretty impressive!

Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-uber.jpg
Pic courtesy: Friend

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th October 2015 at 10:36.
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 18:24   #780
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest update related to safety from Uber. The in-app SOS button has been replaced by a new 'Help' Button.

Quote:

What’s new?
  • The in-app SOS button has been replaced by a new Help function.
  • One touch allows riders to trigger a real-time Safety Emergency alert to Uber and the local authorities in the rare event of an emergency or incident during an Uber trip.

How it works?

Once the Safety Emergency function is triggered:
  • Riders will have the option to connect with the police via a phone call.
  • Instant alerts with complete rider, driver and trip information are sent to
  • The local Police authorities in cities that have deployed our SOS alert solution and
  • Our Incident Response Team that is on standby 24×7 so our response agents can monitor the trip in real-time, provide instant phone support and relay critical trip information to the police.
  • An automated text message is sent to pre-selected Emergency Contacts with detailed trip status; allowing them to monitor the trip in real-time via GPS.

Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service-ubersos.jpg
Good Update. The SOS button would just send the details to the Police Control room. This adds the option of calling, SOS to the Uber incident team and also to the emergency contacts.

Source: Uber Newsroom

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 8th October 2015 at 18:29.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks