Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2015, 18:19   #676
BHPian

Even if you don't remember the numbers you can always log into www.Uber.com and check your invoices. That has all the details.
Old 16th May 2015, 19:15   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
So then clearly Uber is still not serious in its verification process as in the 5 trips that I have taken so far in Delhi, 4 were regular private number plates. I thought after the ban, they must have got that aspect pretty figured out.
Incredible. Please give me your trip details and I'll try and pass it on to Uber India team.

The wife uses Uber and/or Ola atleast 2 - 3 times a week. Neither have I in my travels ever seen a private number Uber car in India. Outside of India they only use private number cars.

Was the registration number same as the one displayed by the Uber app? Uber would be really stupid to enroll unlicensed taxis.
Old 16th May 2015, 19:25   #678
BHPian

re: Review: Uber Premium Taxi Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjun04 View Post
Even if you don't remember the numbers you can always log into www.Uber.com and check your invoices. That has all the details.
Nope. It doesn't. Only the name of driver is mentioned and whether it was an UberGo/X/Black.
Old 16th May 2015, 19:33   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

I will report it next time. I have deleted the receipts from my inbox. The trip details on Uber app do not mention the number plates and I want to to be sure before filing a complaint. Will definitely do so the next time I use their service.
Old 16th May 2015, 20:41   #680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am not sure about that sir. Aren't all licensed taxis supposed to have yellow number plates? I have taken 5 rides with Uber till date and only once the cab was a yellow plate one. Rest of the time it was a private car being run life a taxi which I think is in violation of the law.

Also just like Ola, Uber should also get their logo painted on these cabs. It will help increase their visibility and also induces more confidence as a customer regarding the credentials of the cab.
I got a white plate car with Ola too - albeit just once. When I confronted the driver how was he driving a white plate car as a cab, his reply was, number plate broke last night and he wasn't able to procure a yellow one in time (I boarded the cab at 9 am). After getting down, I checked the rear plate and it was indeed yellow!
Old 16th May 2015, 21:18   #681
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I got a white plate car with Ola too - albeit just once. When I confronted the driver how was he driving a white plate car as a cab, his reply was, number plate broke last night and he wasn't able to procure a yellow one in time (I boarded the cab at 9 am). After getting down, I checked the rear plate and it was indeed yellow!
Well just asked my sister too and she confirms that even she has encountered Uber cabs with regular white number plates on occasions and at other times it has been the regular yellow number plate. So I guess this is quite rampant in Delhi.
Old 16th May 2015, 22:57   #682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
In India, merchants don't have the option. It is mandatory to use 2 factor authentication. I feel safe with move by RBI. Now, I am comfortable handing over my card in restaurants, shops & online, without the fear of anybody noting down the card number & CVV. Just with these, they cannot make any purchase. They would also need to know the pin, which only I know.
Think again.

If anybody notes down your card details, he can use it on international websites. All he needs is card number, expiry and CVV number (and sometimes card holder's name). All this information is right there on your card. That anybody can give these details to his friend in Bangladesh (or any other country) and his friend can buy stuff from all over the world online.

Scary ?

My suggestion, remember or make a note of the CVV of your card and scrap it on the card so that it is not readable by anybody.
mukeshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 10:08   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
However, I wasn't allowed to book a cab post that on Uber. Got a message saying "Please try a different payment service". Shot a mail to their Pune customer care, didn't get a reply. Then shot a mail to their global customer care, and they replied asking for my photo ID proof. Sent them the entire explanation, and a scanned copy of my photo ID, and then they set my account right, along with an apology mail.

Can you share the Global customer care ID? I am in a similar position- only I think there was some problem in the driver's phone (it malfunctioned throughout the journey). I got the notification only the second day- and the app stopped working thereafter. There was always *enough money* and I have been running pillar to post to debug this strange error
Old 18th May 2015, 17:18   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Can you share the Global customer care ID? I am in a similar position- only I think there was some problem in the driver's phone (it malfunctioned throughout the journey). I got the notification only the second day- and the app stopped working thereafter. There was always *enough money* and I have been running pillar to post to debug this strange error
I wrote to support@uber.com, and those chaps responded and got the issue resolved. They wanted a copy of my ID card though.
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2015, 19:03   #685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
I wrote to support@uber.com, and those chaps responded and got the issue resolved. They wanted a copy of my ID card though.
Thanks a ton. I have tried every possible debug around this thing- reset my account, re-linked my PayTM etc, I owe you one. This is the power of an online community I suppose.
Old 2nd June 2015, 16:48   #686
BHPian

Quote:
A woman has accused a driver contracted with taxi aggregator Uber of trying to sexually harass her after she hailed his cab to go to Gurgaon from Delhi.

Authorities in New Delhi have maintained that Uber is banned in the capital and is operating without permission. However, the transport ministry said in April that such companies should be better regulated but are not banned.
Source
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/case-...elhi-767912?fb
driving_smartly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 17:05   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Read this on TOI this morning. Dont know whats happening with Uber making headlines for all wrong reasons.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/47508229.cms
Old 2nd June 2015, 21:54   #688
Senior - BHPian

Of late, I am finding it difficult to get an Uber cab. Well, getting only surge prices at 2.xx times the actual rate even during off peak hours and from prominent locations. Is uber trying to make back all the cash they dolled out during the initial promotion days or am I just plain unlucky?
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:32   #689
Team-BHP Support

For the last month or so, I've noticed that the position of the incoming Uber is very erratic!

The car jumps around a lot, switches directions, moves forwards & backwards. Nowhere near as accurate as it used to be.

Is this because:
1) Most cabs no longer have their phone (ie. gps) on their windscreen/dashboard since Uber became "illegal" (though the problem started long after this change)
2) Most Uber drivers now have Android (Xiaomi?) phones. Is their GPS worse compared to the iPhones?
3) Some sort of App update that is using different reporting/averaging?

Anyone else notice this?

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd June 2015 at 10:33.
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:46   #690
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Of late, I am finding it difficult to get an Uber cab. Well, getting only surge prices at 2.xx times the actual rate even during off peak hours and from prominent locations. Is uber trying to make back all the cash they dolled out during the initial promotion days or am I just plain unlucky?
Jaguar, see below reason from shady_lawyer. From 10am - 5PM the bonus for the trip is lesser (Rs.125).

What the uber drivers do nowadays is switch off the phone between this time. This results in huge surge pricing from 4PM till 5PM. From 4PM to 5PM you will see surge till almost 2X.

At 5:05PM, the surge disappears and number of cabs increases like crazy. Why? because they don't want to take a trip at 4PM which will end at 5PM in some area where they don't get return ride. Imagine getting a trip to JP nagar at 5PM where nobody is returning from.

At 5PM they are all online ready for the additional bonus.

My dad has been noticing this everyday for last few months. He usually leaves work at 4:30Pm (Mg road). Since last 1-2 months there's always surge at 4:30PM. Either he needs to book at 3:45PM or wait till 5:05PM.

Looks the drivers have got greedy and figured out a bunch of loopholes.

The other day I got an Innova for Uber X. The driver drove for Uber X and Uber Black which was good. He doesn't get too many passengers for black which becomes a problem if he has to drop to outskirts as chances of return are lower. That time he switches over to Uber X as it's easier to get a trip back. You can do that on same phone but you can only login to one of them at a time.

What he was also doing was having a phone logged on as rider. He used to see which area had surge pricing and rush there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
The math as explained to me works as follows. Between the hours of 8 AM-10 AM (used to be 12 PM) earlier and between 5 PM and 10 PM, uber pays the driver a sum of Rs. 300-350 per completed trip. The caveat being you need to have a certain acceptance rate to qualify for the higher bonus slab. Between 10 AM to 5 PM the bonus is a flat Rs. 125 subject to the same caveat.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks