Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 16:03   #1
BHPian

32 people dead because Bus driver was on his Cellphone

Quote from TOI:

Quote:
MANALI: Thirty-two people were killed and twenty-five others injured while several people were unaccounted for after an overloaded and speeding private bus fell into the strong currents of river Beas in Jhiri village, around 20kms from the district headquarters of Kullu in Himachal Pradesh, on Wednesday afternoon.

Eyewitnesses said that the driver of the bus was talking over the phone when he lost control of the bus and it veered off the road. The Beas river runs almost parallel to the road from the hill station of Manali to the lower hills of Himachal with the speed of water flow being dangerously-high during the summer months due to the melting of glaciers on higher ranges.
Full article here: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/19962378.cms

I'm sure you all know it, but let this be another reminder to you never to use your mobile phone while driving.
Old 9th May 2013, 16:10   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: 32 people dead because Bus driver was on his Cellphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
I'm sure you all know it, but let this be another reminder to you never to use your mobile phone while driving.
Very unfortunate people. This is how one pays for another's misdeeds. How educated these people travelling in the bus where on the traffic senses and all, but they have to pay with their lives for that driver. RIP.

Only today morning I was almost banged by a lady driving an Alto as she suddenly changed lanes. I was on my bike and could have been seriously injured if the car had hit me. I honked but she continued swaying right & left. Then I noticed, she was talking on her cellphone while driving. I felt like giving her a piece of mind, but then it could have been projected in a different angle, if she complained. Such is the state of traffic senses.

Last edited by saket77 : 9th May 2013 at 16:14.
Old 9th May 2013, 16:55   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Then I noticed, she was talking on her cellphone while driving. I felt like giving her a piece of mind, but then it could have been projected in a different angle, if she complained. Such is the state of traffic senses.
A sad accident and may the souls RIP.

I did give few of them left and right seeing them driving while talking through mobiles. It irritates me so much and I feel I have almost kicked them.

But will make them stop and convince them to spare 2 minutes rather endangering the life of others and themselves.

People like to take things granted!
Old 9th May 2013, 17:01   #4
BHPian

Things are getting bad to worst. Sorry will be a small word for the families of those victims. I see almost every day people talking while driving. Is it so important? If yes, why not use a hands free or blue tooth device. Cops are easily outnumbered so no point in blaming them. Those white collar babus sitting in expensive vehicles with smart sunglasses talking on phone also think it's a status symbol. What they don't think is that they are some of the nutheads in this country.

When will people have some common sense. I think never.

Thanks!

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 9th May 2013 at 17:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks