Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2024, 07:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: NH 47 Road Condition Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Hi all, what happened to NH 47? It looks like it's been erased from history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
It’s been around 10 years that Old NH47 was renamed to NH66.
Old NH47 is now NH544. It is old NH17 that is NH66 now (which now goes all the way from Panvel till Kanyakumari).

This new NH544 breaks off NH44 at Sandaipet trumpet interchange on Salem bypass and merges with NH66 at Edapally junction in suburban Kochi.
Old 20th July 2024, 08:23   #17
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
NH66 was earlier NH 17. Runs from Mumbai to Kanyakumari via the coast. This is the one now getting 6 laned in Kerala and in my view would be a game changer for road travel in Kerala once done in the next 2-3 years.
This will be a game changer only depending on if and when the work is completed.
I traveled recently from Bangalore to Kochi (NH544) and then took the NH66 to Kollam-Alappuzha-Trivandrum.

Driving on the NH66 after Vytilla is a nightmare to say the least! At many places the progress is extremely slow and in many places it seems like work has been stopped. I’m not sure if the locals and state government aren’t extending their full cooperation to this NHAI project?
Old 20th July 2024, 09:41   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This will be a game changer only depending on if and when the work is completed.
I traveled recently from Bangalore to Kochi (NH544) and then took the NH66 to Kollam-Alappuzha-Trivandrum.

Driving on the NH66 after Vytilla is a nightmare to say the least! At many places the progress is extremely slow and in many places it seems like work has been stopped. I’m not sure if the locals and state government aren’t extending their full cooperation to this NHAI project?
Work is definitely progressing well from Kasargod almost till Kochi. Several small sections have also opened temporarily. Personal experience as of this month is from Calicut till outskirts of Kochi. Fairly sure that most of this section will be completed in the next 1-2 years Max. Kasargod to Calicut also should be mostly done based on videos I have seen. Kochi Trivandrum seems to be the slowest as you said and will take more time.

There are pockets where locals have raised issues, this is more related to enabling additional underpasses for cross traffic. In many places in Malappuram/Calicut Districts, NHAI has approved additional crossover underpasses.

Considering the land acquisition is 100% done, I don't think the state government has any reason to create any delays. In fact the government will want to get major parts of this done before the next state election in 2026.

Having said all this, one never knows when things will all slow down or grind to a halt.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks