Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2021, 11:42   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Dangerous Trend : Kids standing & sticking out of Sunroofs!

A friend once said
If the intellect developed in proportion of the wealth, the world would be heavenly.

And everytime I see this on the road I think that's partly true because this thread has real world examples of it decreasing in proportion of the wealth gained.

Either ways driving through all this and more, on our roads, has desensitised me to a lot of things which some years ago were unthinkable.

Why can't the sunroof sound a harsh alarm if it detects anything/anyone between it. They already have pinch sensors so this is a question of will. This should also be mandatory IMHO.
Further on the system can close the sunroof once the obstruction is removed and not open until the car is stopped and restarted.
But just the alarm itself will be quite a deterrent.

Last edited by shancz : 11th October 2021 at 11:47. Reason: ccl
shancz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2021, 21:30   #152
Team-BHP Support

And yet another idiot in Mumbai.

Self explanatory picture.

Dangerous Trend : Kids standing & sticking out of Sunroofs!-5db31b42503f4101af74bb35f17bb221.jpeg

Dangerous Trend : Kids standing & sticking out of Sunroofs!-1e09554627fd41f7a64b43b85b420359.jpeg

Last edited by vb-saan : 12th November 2021 at 07:15. Reason: Photo orientation
Old 16th November 2021, 17:25   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Dear Parents, Please DO NOT do this stupidity

Dangerous Trend : Kids standing & sticking out of Sunroofs!-20211116_140642.jpg

I have noticed this so many times. Posting 3 such instances when I was able to capture them on cam.

Sunroof is for letting natural light in, not to jut your offspring out

It is quite irritating to see kids standing up and sticking their head out of the sunroof. These Parents are educated and financially sound enough to buy nice cars but their literacy and common sense goes down the drain when they choose to do this stupidity.

Dangerous Trend : Kids standing & sticking out of Sunroofs!-screenshot_20211116171340_instagram.jpg

A child sticking himself/herself outside the sunroof faces the following risks :

1. Being hit by insects/ stones/ other foreign particles

2. A sudden braking can be strong enough to break a few ribs

3. A kid standing on the rear seat is a potential distraction to the driver + a hindrance to internal rear view mirror.

It's completely unsafe! Please refrain from doing this. Please!

This Audi was parked. Still, not a good thing to do.

Dangerous Trend : Kids standing & sticking out of Sunroofs!-screenshot_20211116171658_youtube.jpg

Today, more and more cars are getting sunroof. It's high time people have some awareness in using it.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 16th November 2021 at 17:29.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 10:53   #154
Senior - BHPian

How about this - They were on the way to the highest peak in Karnataka, Mullayyana Giri.
Name:  xchikkamagaluru21654058275.jpg.pagespeed.ic.DzRhG_rpW.jpg
Views: 485
Size:  64.1 KB
Link: ಮುಳ್ಳಯ್ಯನಗಿರಿಲ್ಲಿ ಜೀಪ್ ಟಾಪ್ ಮೇಲೆ ಕೂತು ಹೋಗುತ್ತಿದ್ದವರ ಮೇಲೆ ಪೊಲೀಸ್ ಕೇಸ್
(English: Police case against tourists at Mullayanagiri who were traveling on top of the car)
Old 25th June 2022, 20:49   #155
Team-BHP Support

No sunroof? No problem! Where there’s a “tool” there’s a way. Presenting a box full of ‘tools’ found zipping around Bhushi dam today.

Dangerous Trend : Kids standing & sticking out of Sunroofs!-toolbox.jpeg

Last edited by Axe77 : 25th June 2022 at 20:52.
Axe77 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 20:56   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
And yet another idiot in Mumbai.

Self explanatory picture.

Attachment 2231394

Attachment 2231292
Just saw this post. Could we please delete the car ownership details? It is a breach of privacy of the owner.
Remembering Yogi government's posters about rioters at public places.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 21:29   #157
BHPian

Spotted in Bangalore. 3 Kids on standing out of sunroof.

Dangerous Trend : Kids standing & sticking out of Sunroofs!-screenshot_20220621120131.png
chaitanyakrish is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 23:07   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Just saw this post. Could we please delete the car ownership details? It is a breach of privacy of the owner.
Anyone who regards their licence plate as private had better keep the car locked up. It is not private. No breach of anything. In fact, I vote for name and shame!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th June 2022, 23:23   #159
BHPian

Today had a heart in mouth moment.

Two kids were standing one behind other with their head and body through sunroof in a red Kia car on the busy electronics city road around 7.30-8.00AM. The younger kid 's neck was just at the level of the car roof.

The car was stuck behind lorries moving parallelly for sometime and just after the flyover the driver tried to overtake the lorry in the front. He was forced to apply sudden brakes to avoid a slow moving tempo on the left. I literally screamed when i saw this. Luckily nothing untoward happened and the car continued to move very fast and disappeared with in minutes.

I hope they realise how serious this could have been.
Do not want to post the video.
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 00:43   #160
avk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post

I hope they realise how serious this could have been.
Do not want to post the video.
Please share the clip to Twitter account of blrtrafficpolice. They are known to take action.
avk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 06:46   #161
Team-BHP Support

This disease is spreading in small towns too. Courtesy the main stream cars having sun roof. 2 or 3 kids out of sun-roof, one kid holding a baby by making it sit at the sun roof opening, heart in mouth situations.

And it doesn't just end here. Saw the kid of a intervention Neurologist DM popping out its head, just imagine. Someone who daily opens brains for a living.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 06:52   #162
Senior - BHPian

This has now become a craze. Every Saturday morning you can see at least a dozen cars like this, on Kanakpura Road. And this is on the state highway, with flowing traffic. I wanted to post one pic that I captured, but soon enough, saw a few more within minutes and I gave up.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 09:04   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Anyone who regards their licence plate as private had better keep the car locked up. It is not private. No breach of anything. In fact, I vote for name and shame!
License plate is not private but other details are.

There is a process to fetch personal details of the vehicle. Authorities know who has fetched these details through app etc and in an untoward incident can track the person.

There is a reason why government does not publish the owner's details on a free for all portal. I think we should respect that. Who will be responsible if some kidnapper get the details of the owner from here and decides to kidnap the child?

Regarding naming and shaming, I don't think we have that right too. Conviniently hiding our names and our car registration number in every post and finding and sharing owner details on a public forum is too much.
Old 26th June 2022, 09:38   #164
BHPian

Quote:
License plate is not private but other details are.

There is a process to fetch personal details of the vehicle. Authorities know who has fetched these details through app etc and in an untoward incident can track the person.

There is a reason why government does not publish the owner's details on a free for all portal. I think we should respect that. Who will be responsible if some kidnapper get the details of the owner from here and decides to kidnap the child?

Regarding naming and shaming, I don't think we have that right too. Conviniently hiding our names and our car registration number in every post and finding and sharing owner details on a public forum is too much.
Did you know that police and MVD in many states do ask public to take pics of motorists violating traffic laws and share it with them on their pages on social media to book the offenders?

Then, even as a parent, I feel the concerns of privacy you raised are a bit over the top.
jalex77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2022, 10:12   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I will be guided by the broader Moderator group on whether it is in line with forum expectations and respect that decision, whichever way it goes.

But to your specific point(s): apologies chief but its apples and oranges. Maintaining anonymity as a choice on a public post is distinct from assuming right to privacy when I go about in public. The plate details are from a public source which is one click away. If I drive my car on a public road, I am fully cognisant that it connects me to identifiable information.

If you believe it is inappropriate - I respect that, because its a viewpoint and one that arguably has some merit. One could argue in favour of naming and shaming or argue that its not appropriate to post details. But that’s a subjective view point and each side of the coin has its justifications.

But if you’re saying this is contrary to law, please quote me the legal provision where posting the above is contrary to law, instead of using random phrases like “right to privacy” and quoting Yogi incidents.

EDIT: @MT_Hyd: FYI, this is my personal viewpoint (not a Mod opinion). I have reported your post so the broader group of Mods can weigh in, and take a considered call to edit my post if needed. Like I said, on pure prudence, I can see the merit in each side of the argument.

Last edited by Axe77 : 26th June 2022 at 13:22. Reason: EDIT text added
Axe77 is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks