Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2016, 05:10   #451
BHPian

re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

This picture was forwarded by a friend; taken in Sydney. Guess the guy needed to move some furniture
Attached Thumbnails
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-chy5gl4.jpg  

Jeeper1941 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 08:52   #452
Senior - BHPian

Kochi' new mosquito fighting machine.

Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_20160712_092823984.jpg
deetjohn is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 09:39   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Kochi' new mosquito fighting machine.

Attachment 1528338

You sure you uploaded the right pic ?
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 09:51   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post

You sure you uploaded the right pic ?
I would think so.
Zoom zoom!
Attached Thumbnails
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-img_20160713_094945.jpg  

mayankk is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 17:10   #455
BHPian

This happened to me the second time around the same area and thus thought of penning it down in this thread. Don't know if it qualifies to be just an unusual incident or a dangerous one.
Last Saturday (09-Jul-16), I was driving down to Belgaum from Mumbai with my wife and sister in law. While passing through Pune (near Pashan Side Road) on the Bangalore Highway, two persons in a motorcycle came close to my car and started vigorously pointing towards my left front tyre! I guess they were trying to say I had a flat tyre. I was driving at a speed of about 60kmph and immediately doubted the guys because I didn't feel anything wrong while driving. Within 500m, these guys started pointing towards a tyre shop beside the road. I decided to trust my instinct and drove on. After a few kilometers and losing sight of the motorcycle, I pulled over and checked the tyres only to find everything is normal.
Now, I remember a similar thing about a year back on my way back from Lavasa to Pune.
I dont know what the intentions were, but I dont think they could do anything bad given the crowded road we were in. But the Lavasa return road was quite secluded and could have been a potential dangerous situation. I didn't stop then also of course
So guys, please be aware of such cons while on the highways.
mrinmoy_s is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 18:46   #456
BHPian

Quite an interesting thread, reminds me of some instances from my life.

Scene 1:- Now this is many many years back when I was in school. I still remember this because of the funny nature of the incident. We used to stay in North Bengal and there was a small bus which used to pick and drop us from school. Now this bus went for major servicing and a replacement bus was arranged for a few days. This replacement bus was very badly maintained. On one fine day me and my brother were seated on the front left seat beside the bus driver looking out of the window. Suddenly we see a tyre rolling past us. We were laughing and wondering where did the tyre come from and suddenly the left side of the bus goes down. Looks like it was the tyre of our own bus which had come off and was rolling by. Dad came to know and we never took that bus again.

Scene 2:- This incident happened around a year back when suddenly I had to work overnight for a few days. It was 3AM in the morning when I left office and I decided to take the company transport. The driver was driving very rash and despite repeated warnings didnt listen. Somewhere near Hebbal he hit a scooter at a four lane crossing. The scooter was coming from the left and the reckless cab driver was doing 80-90kmph. The scooter hit the car and the guy flew over the bonnet and landed on the right side. There was no movement. I was sure the guy was severely injured if not dead. The driver was scared as well and he started making calls to someone. The cab had a company provided security guard and he told us not to come outside as it could be a police case and decided to call company transport desk. Soon I see the guy sitting on the road and scratching his head and looking here and there maybe to understand where he was and what exactly happened. Luckily he was not injured. He then picked up his scooter, put on his helmet and slowly drove away. It was a lucky escape for the cab driver and the scooter guy. We made a complaint to the transport desk the next day and I didnt see that driver ever again. Guess he was removed from the company list of drivers.
adutta2k is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 11:13   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
As we were driving, I noticed the car was giving random squealing noises.
After reading your post, I instantly remembered this car ad I saw many years ago.

mukeshgoel is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 13:12   #458
BHPian

So this happened a while back on the Western Express Highway, near Hubtown Viva.
I was riding towards Bandra on the Highway and was on the left most lane. Usual traffic, moving at 30-40 kmph
There was a couple on a Splendor in front of me, an Octavia on the right of the Splendor and an i20 on the right side of the Octavia.
The i20 suddenly swerved to the left, which caused the Octavia to change the lane and come to the left most lane, almost touching the Splendor in front of me.
The windows of the Octavia were rolled down.
As soon as the Octavia came closer to the Splendor, a Labrador popped up on rear the window & barked loudly at the couple on the Splendor! The rider got a shock of his life and almost collided with another bike.
It was really funny to witness this from a distance and scary too at the same time.
Thank god the speed was less!
driveanddrive is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 14:28   #459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinmoy_s View Post
I dont know what the intentions were, but I dont think they could do anything bad given the crowded road we were in.
Do check this post and the linked threads within it : link
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 17:04   #460
BANNED

Re: Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper1941 View Post
This picture was forwarded by a friend; taken in Sydney. Guess the guy needed to move some furniture
Are you sure it is not photo-shopped ?
I mean the trailer is just tied with a long rope and there is no dent behind the car. One single break, the trailer would make its signature at the back of the car.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 21:35   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Careful while you park during a stormy weather, I damaged a nice car! And, what followed the incident encouraged me to write this.

My office is very next to the beach and I casually pulled up to a parking spot as usual. That was the day Chennai was experiencing a stormy weather due to a low pressure formed in the Bay of Bengal. Without realizing the intensity of wind outside, I opened the door and the wind was blowing so fast that it forced my door wide open and hit the car parked on the next spot, leaving a dent and a scratch of almost 10 inches. Unfortunately, that was a Jaguar XJL! I identified the owner and walked up to his office to offer an apology and a fix. Since, he was unavailable, I spoke with his Executive Assistant and Admin team. They reviewed the damages, took pictures and informed me that they will get in touch after reviewing it with the owner. They called me back a few hours later indicating that the owner decided to ignore it! The damage doesn’t look good on such a beautifully maintained car, however, in a world where most people make a big fuss about silly things, I am happy to have found a nice gentleman with a positive attitude. He happens to be the Founder and CEO of one of the largest matrimony portal in India!
The XJL's body is all Aluminium and repairing that dent will cost multitudes of what an equivalent German car made with steel is going to.
nitrous is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 22:38   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D C View Post
Careful while you park during a stormy weather, I damaged a nice car! And, what followed the incident encouraged me to write this.

My office is very next to the beach and I casually pulled up to a parking spot as usual. That was the day Chennai was experiencing a stormy weather due to a low pressure formed in the Bay of Bengal. Without realizing the intensity of wind outside, I opened the door and the wind was blowing so fast that it forced my door wide open and hit the car parked on the next spot, leaving a dent and a scratch of almost 10 inches. Unfortunately, that was a Jaguar XJL! I identified the owner and walked up to his office to offer an apology and a fix. Since, he was unavailable, I spoke with his Executive Assistant and Admin team. They reviewed the damages, took pictures and informed me that they will get in touch after reviewing it with the owner. They called me back a few hours later indicating that the owner decided to ignore it! The damage doesn’t look good on such a beautifully maintained car, however, in a world where most people make a big fuss about silly things, I am happy to have found a nice gentleman with a positive attitude. He happens to be the Founder and CEO of one of the largest matrimony portal in India!
Really tbhpians do have this habit of developing the sorely missed habit of courtesy, it is indeed a very gentleman like gesture, and courageous too, hope we can emulate you.
arpanjha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2016, 22:46   #463
BHPian

An amusing experience in Mumbai which took place more than 10 years back:

I used to commute in a Meghalaya registered Honda CBZ. I did not change the registration number due to the steep road tax required to be paid.

Traffic police had just opened one lane of Sion flyover for south bound traffic. Occasionally there would be a traffic cop on duty at the entry point to regulate traffic.

One fine day a cop stopped me. I thought he was about to penalise me for out of state registration plate. He asked me what ML in the registration number stands for. I don't know for what reason I said whatever I had said, I replied "Malaysia". Satisfied with my reply he nodded his head and let me proceed. To this day I find that incident very amusing.
Guite is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 15th July 2016, 06:05   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
Are you sure it is not photo-shopped ?
I mean the trailer is just tied with a long rope and there is no dent behind the car. One single break, the trailer would make its signature at the back of the car.
Nope it's not a photoshop. In any case it isn't an actual Lamborghini, but a kit-car. The ride height and the way the car is sitting on the road is all wrong. The dead-giveaway are the wheels and the rear wing.

Also, the trailer is not tied with a rope, it is properly hitched and what looks like a rope is probably the wiring to the trailer lights/indicators.

Here is a real picture of an actual Lambo being used like a truck (it was for a Canadian TV show).

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/05/who...mborghini.html
Attached Thumbnails
Unusual / funny / heartwarming experiences on the road-lamborghinigallardocarscoops50.jpg  

Jeeper1941 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 12:18   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
This will fall under "unusual" category.

A couple of weeks back I was driving towards Vijayawada from Hyderabad and soon after crossing the second toll booth (Korlapahad) I see a small herd of buffaloes standing right in the middle of the road. It was about 4.30 pm. As I drive close, I could see a bike lying in the center of the road and to my horror spotted a man lying prone beyond. As I near the buffaloes suddenly took to their heels. I slowed down and to my great relief find the man moving. Apparently his bike went and rammed these buffaloes. He was bleeding profusely. The next instant I see a couple of local guys rushing toward the victim. I slowed down near an old man standing a little distance away beside the road and asked him the name of the place. My idea was to call the ambulance. After I spoke to him from my parked car, I learnt the name of the place and I became busy dialing 1033, the helpline. Having updated the details, I look up to see this man standing in front of the car and shouting for attention from local people. He wouldn't let me proceed. Apparently, soon after I asked the name of the place, he noticed the accident and guessed that I had caused it. He wanted to detain me. Luckily a woman appeared there and shouted at this man and gingerly he moved away.

As I drove on, within a couple of minutes I got an SMS stating that they have already dispatched an ambulance.

Never knew that trying to be of some help in situations can be risky.
Happy to note that the 1033 folks responded within 2 minutes. I am a part of the team that runs the ambulance service. We are trying to expand our services to other highways as well! Thanks for calling 1033.
soonya is offline   (14) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks