Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2006, 23:43   #46
Senior - BHPian

I hope he gets an R6 the next time around. This is an HR reg bike, and if what I hear is to be believed, it's not gifted by Yamaha. Expect a lot of people to try and get a bite of this one now.
Old 11th April 2006, 00:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I hope he gets an R6 the next time around.
I think a R1 is better then a R6 he already had that one till he got the R1.

Also 350kmph is ridiculus to be written.

Butttttttttt R1 will be whipped by a BUSA any day.
Old 11th April 2006, 03:24   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I think a R1 is better then a R6 he already had that one till he got the R1.
ported head needs a 600 cc engine for his engineerig project.

manson.
Old 11th April 2006, 11:22   #49
BANNED

Why do all the news reports claim John's bike had the headlights turned off. I have had 3 bikes in the US. None of them had an option of turning the headlighrs off, they have all had daylight running lights. Is it common for Indian superbikers to modify their bikes to not have daylight running lights?
-Prasadee
Old 11th April 2006, 11:38   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee
Is it common for Indian superbikers to modify their bikes to not have daylight running lights?
-Prasadee
Unfortunately Yes it is, and the reason is SO STUPID it borders on insanity.
IF your vehicle, be it a car or a bike has DRL's, a MILLION people will yell at you on the street.. "boss light chalu hai" or things of that nature.
To avoid this the "importers" put a killswitch on the handlebar to turn the DRL's off..
Old 11th April 2006, 11:46   #51
BHPian

Guys, If you have the picture of John's crashed bike please host it..
Old 11th April 2006, 11:47   #52
Team-BHP Support

since i live in the neighbourhood i'll add my 2 cents...

a) The bike is an R1 - I'm no expert though
b) I've seen JA on his bike a few times and he has always been responsible and even courteous; even offering me right of way when the road from Union Park to Carter Road was only partly usable (it is now completely closed for repairs)
c) The boys he ran into were fans of his and probably did not press charges on that account (and that the fact that they had only minor bruises and that from what I am told JA actually took them to a hospital before admitting himself)

I am not a JA fan. I dont want Hindi moives as I dont follow the lanugage (Sam over on ICE can tesitfy to my Hindi). However I have run into JA twice by accident and on both occasions he was very well mannered, courteous and a perfect gentleman. I am impressed by the way he carries himself in public.

OT: I have also run into another (male) model turned actor and he was just as courteous even high fiving my 4 yr old son. I guess the media likes to make mountains out of molehills - they need a story and a nice guy does not make good copy.

Last edited by navin : 11th April 2006 at 12:10.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2006, 12:01   #53
BANNED

Navin.. agreed.. having gone on a few rides where JA has been present I completely agree with you.. he's just a REGULAR guy that likes to ride..
The joke in the group when we heard about this was that the cyclist was probably overtaking John coz he rides so SLOWLY!
He's always been polite with fan's no matter where he is..and the media is just looking for the next "SCOOP" so that their damn TRP's go up... sick bunch

Last edited by ported_head : 11th April 2006 at 12:54.
Old 11th April 2006, 12:14   #54
Team-BHP Support

The OTHER model-actor who i ran into actually volunteered to baby sit my son while we ordered our coffee. My wive's friends were sooo jealous and I did not even know who the guy was. He was just someone who was sitting on the table next to us with his wife and 4 year old daughter. He had no airs or entourage.

Seems like the media just like to print garbage. Wonder why they aren't sued for what they print.

Last edited by navin : 11th April 2006 at 12:15.
Old 11th April 2006, 12:38   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasadee
Why do all the news reports claim John's bike had the headlights turned off. I have had 3 bikes in the US. None of them had an option of turning the headlighrs off, they have all had daylight running lights. Is it common for Indian superbikers to modify their bikes to not have daylight running lights?
-Prasadee
Apparantly our great Mumbai police have a difference of opinion on the headlight issue!

Read this post on a similar incident that just happened to me
Old 11th April 2006, 13:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

This should clear things up as it has quotes from the horses' mouth:

http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?...l~after~arrest
Old 11th April 2006, 14:14   #57
Team-BHP Support

Law is an ***

I agree with R.Tech about this part.
From the reports it appears that the cyclist was coming on wrong side of the road. And there were two people on the cycle which is against the law.
They are not injured, its john who got injured while trying to save them.

So now for saving them he has to be arrested?!

The signal this sends out is this. When you are driving and a pedestrian comes in front, dont sewerve, if you injure tourself you will only get into jail, instead hit and run away.
Old 11th April 2006, 15:30   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
I agree with R.Tech about this part.
From the reports it appears that the cyclist was coming on wrong side of the road. And there were two people on the cycle which is against the law.
They are not injured, its john who got injured while trying to save them.

So now for saving them he has to be arrested?!

The signal this sends out is this. When you are driving and a pedestrian comes in front, dont sewerve, if you injure tourself you will only get into jail, instead hit and run away.
It doesnt matter whose fault it is - they were on a cycle and he was on an R1 - in the eyes of the police, the poor are always the injured party and the rich are always at fault, since they cant benefit from the poor anyways, but they can get loads of moolah off the rich, or atleast try to.

This - after I had to pay 1000 bucks to an idiot biker, who was breaking the signal and daydreaming at the same time and happened to bang into my rear - just because he was on a bike and I on a car, and the rotten traffic cop was just interested in making money out of either of us, and I seemed like the softer target

Last edited by goldie_malhotra : 11th April 2006 at 15:31.
Old 11th April 2006, 16:08   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't understand the law.
The cycleist said it was his fault and that JA saved their lives but still he is getting arrested even though he wasn't DUI, wasn't speeding, and was wearing the necessary safety gear.
BTW, the articles i have read - Times of Indian and Mid-Day have said that it was an R1 and one of them quoted a 1.5L repair cost while the other got Adil D (of overdrive fame) to evaluate the damage or something.
Old 11th April 2006, 16:13   #60
BHPian

In the eyes of our so called upholders of the law, the bigger vehicle is always at fault. I remember a traffic CI telling me when my car hit a motorcyclist (entirely the two wheelers fault), that since you were driving the car, the fault is yours!
When will our police change. I guess they never will.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks