Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2009, 20:39   #1
BHPian

Road Rage? Go to JAIL! Mumbai Police sets an example

I was shocked when I read this. Road rage has never done any good to anyone nor will it ever do.

Maybe Mumbai BHPians can be on the lookout for the Honda City & its driver. He seriously needs to be brought to justice.

Source: Road rage claims life at Mumbai airport - Mumbai - City - The Times of India

Quote:
MUMBAI: A youth died of injuries sustained in a quarrel between the drivers of two cars after a minor accident outside Mumbai airport early on Tuesday.

The incident occurred a few metres before the bridge leading to the departure terminal when a black Honda City car grazed a Santro being driven by Tanwar Zoheb while overtaking it at high speed.

"I accelerated and then overtook them to go my way but suddenly the other vehicle zoomed up and stopped in front, blocking my path," Zoheb said, adding his cousin, Rashid Iqbal Tagala, 22, got down and started protesting with the driver of the car, in which there were at least two other youth.

Suddenly, the Honda driver grabbed Rashid's collar and drove off at very high speed, dragging him on the road, before suddenly releasing him.

Rashid's head hit the vehicle as he fell on to the road, sustaining several injuries on his head and his legs while the Honda City sped off towards the Western Express Highway.

With the help of some pedestrians, Tanwar put Rashid in his car and tried to take him to the nearest hospital. However, two hospitals declined to admit an accident case and Rashid was finally taken to the R.N. Cooper Hospital at Juhu. He succumbed to his injuries around 12 noon, his father Hasratali Tagala said.

The Sahar Airport police have registered a case and are on the lookout for the vehicle.

Rashid, a resident of Jogeshwari suburb, ran a mobile outlet in Borivli.
Old 15th December 2009, 20:54   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The case should be registered against the 2 hospitals who refused , .I am angry ,very angry against the hospitals .
black12rr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2009, 20:59   #3
BHPian

This is horrible.

I think that guy in honda city may not have wanted to kill but now has asked for more in the bargain. Dangers of losing your cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
The case should be registered against the 2 hospitals who refused
+1
Old 15th December 2009, 21:00   #4
BHPian

This is really ridiculous. How can the hospitals refuse to admit an injured person? I strongly agree with black12rr's view point.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

There have been clear Supreme Court guidelines that accident victims should not be refused admission in facilities equipped to handle trauma victims.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 15th December 2009 at 21:11.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2009, 21:09   #6
Senior - BHPian

It's very sad. While reading it a thought came to my mind, that anyone of us, or someone close to us, could be a similar victim of road rage.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:16   #7
BHPian

Pathetic. Such Hospitals are business oriented place and definitely not there to save lives of people.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
There have been clear Supreme Court guidelines that accident victims should not be refused admission.
True. The FIRs should also be filed against the hospitals- should file for manslaughter. let them defend.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:20   #9
BHPian

Its really Very Bad on the Honda City's Drivers part. Maybe he did not intend to do such, but anger is followed by mishaps.

As for the hospitals, really Very sad. Maybe if the hospital would have allowed him, then he wouldnt have died.
Old 15th December 2009, 21:35   #10
BHPian

How to survive road rage?

hi all.

i have been giving this road rage stuff some serious thought for a long time now. here are a few of my thoughts:

1. To avoid road rage, dont have it in the first place. Most tradegies occur because rather than giving it a second thought about getting a minor scratch repaired through insurance, at least one of the parties stepped out of his car and started a confrontation or a fight. when one sees adrenaline flowing on the road, either ego or anger takes over and gets the better of you. And you can never predict how stupid or in-human the other person is or can get when provoked. Rule 1: NO HEROISM ON THE ROAD.

2. BE POLITE NO MATTER WHAT. In today's India. its always better to lower your glass, politely say sorry, take the other guy's phone number and give him yours, say youll call later probably through your lawyer and will get it settled.then silently try to drive away. Rule 2: NO ANGER ON THE ROAD.

3. HOPE FOR THE BEST, PREPARE FOR THE WORST Like i said earlier, youll never know how the other guy responds. So it is imperative that at all times you remain physically away or out of range of attack as one of my friend puts it. If there are elders or ladies or children with you, be doubly cautious. Always approach a policeman if he is around before you decide to confront. Always also tell people standing around of what happened, it may prevent you from being mobbed by angry and frustrated indians floating all over the earth. Always note down the car number and other details like car make, colour, other noticeable points such as if he is a doctor or any garage's sticker is stuck on it etc, before you get out of the car. Rule 3: KEEP YOU "SITUATIONAL AWARENESS" AT HIGH LEVELS ALL TIMES.

PS: Sorry for the long post, Mods, but i feel very strongly about the road rage thing.
SX4LOVER is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th December 2009, 21:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

The hospitals should be brought into highlight by our gloriou Media. Bring them to shame.

May the young guy's soul RIP
Old 16th December 2009, 11:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
The case should be registered against the 2 hospitals who refused , .I am angry ,very angry against the hospitals .
+1 to that! Isn't there a rule or court order than an injured must first be treated before asked for formalities, et all? Can't any kind of an action be taken on such inhuman acts?!

Old 16th December 2009, 11:29   #13
Senior - BHPian

Instead of blaming hospitals, you should look at the reason they refuse - the harassment they have to undergo at the hands of cops later. Question the policing system first, the hospitals later. After all, they are there for business, they do not lose by giving someone first aid, so the problem is much larger than that.

I once had a mobike accident where I could have lost my life - this happened on a busy highway near Bangalore. In the 2 hours I lay by the side of the road, not a single "citizen" cared to help - some stopped, gawked and moved on despite entreaties for help. So, why blame hospitals, look inward at yourselves - what would you have done?
Old 16th December 2009, 11:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
hi all.

i have been giving this road rage stuff some serious thought for a long time now. here are a few of my thoughts:

1. To avoid road rage, dont have it in the first place. Rule 1: NO HEROISM ON THE ROAD.

2. BE POLITE NO MATTER WHAT. Rule 2: NO ANGER ON THE ROAD.

3. HOPE FOR THE BEST, PREPARE FOR THE WORST Rule 3: KEEP YOU "SITUATIONAL AWARENESS" AT HIGH LEVELS ALL TIMES.

PS: Sorry for the long post, Mods, but i feel very strongly about the road rage thing.
+1 to that...

There have been multiple times, when I have been ready to bash up the driver on the other side, even with my parents, wife and kid in the car with me. From now on, I am going to be ultra cool! I actually have started implementing this, by not minding the few scratches, or cuts that people make, but at times, i have also been guilty of giving in to the adrelin and go faster than the other guy.

Will try to avoid that too.

My heart goes out to the poor guy who was dragged and killed by the guys in the city. Hope that those guys are bought to book!
Old 16th December 2009, 11:58   #15
Senior - BHPian

Its always best to avoid confrontations with strangers, unless you are left with no other option.

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks