Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2006, 01:38   #1
Senior - BHPian

Horrible crash on FC road

Got to know about this in the evening from my father. It happened Thursday morning around 2.30AM
Apparently 2 boys & 2 girls from MIT Talegaon Medical collage had came to Pune in the evening & they were taken around Pune by their friend.
They went to club in the night & while returning on Fergusson Collage road they were travelling at very high speed, & driver lost control hit island head-on. One girl died in hospital & all others are seriously injured.
Apparently there were almost hundred feet long tyre marks left behind.
Look at the state of the car

This road is usually very well light-up & also at the junction there is more than enough space.
All blame goes to the driver.

Link to article (In Marathi)
Link
Old 4th March 2006, 01:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

ouch...that is one smashed up car...pity about the girl who passed away..
Old 4th March 2006, 01:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

my condolesence to the girl who past away.may her sould rest in peace.
man that car is smashed pretty bad.i dont know why people dont take responsibilty when they have power.cases like these come and goo but no one seems to be taking note.

Drive safe
Rev
Old 4th March 2006, 06:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

The driver was drunk.

Quote:
FROM THE TIMES OF INDIA PUNE
Rash driving snuffs out student’s life on city road
TIMES NEWS NETWORK
Pune: One medical student was killed and five others, including four medical students, were seriously injured in an accident at Good Luck chowk, Deccan, during the wee hours of Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Dipti Vishwanath Shashtri (18) of Nehrunagar, Kurla. His friends, Deepak Kishor Sharma (19), Rahul Bhardhan Nair (19), Priyanka Pradeep Asrani (18), Fatima Khanip Shaikh (20), all from Mumbai, and Shivanand Ramanand Shenoy (25) of Kothrud sustained serious injuries in the mishap. Fatima was reported critical on Thursday evening.
The students were studying at Mimer medical college at Talegaon Dhabhade, and were staying in the college hostel.
The Deccan Gymkhana police said all the students, who had gathered for a party in Pune, were going from F.C. Road to Kothrud when the Santro car went out of control and rammed into a signal post around 2.30 am. Such was the speed of the car that brake marks were seen on the road 100 feet before the site of the collision.
In their statements, Priyanka and Deepak said they arrived at Shivajinagar railway station at 8 pm, where Shenoy picked them up. After dropping in at Shenoy’s residence, they visited a night club at Fatimanagar where three of them had drinks.
They decided to spend the night at Shenoy’s place as it was too late to return to the hostel. The accident happened on the way to Shenoy’s residence at Kothrud. Dipti, who died in the accident, was sitting on the front seat.
Speaking to TOI, Rahul’s father E.R. Bharadhan said all the victims were first year students and were close friends. “They all came to Pune for a get-together.”
The police have charged Shenoy with rash driving under Indian Penal Code sections 279 and 304 (Punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder). Sub-inspector M.B. Jagdale is investigating the case.
Old 4th March 2006, 07:21   #5
Senior - BHPian

man thats sad.. also bro i am unable to see the picture of the car.. can you please post it again.
Old 4th March 2006, 23:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
man thats sad.. also bro i am unable to see the picture of the car.. can you please post it again.
Here you go bro

Last edited by adya33 : 4th March 2006 at 23:13.
Old 4th March 2006, 23:56   #7
Senior - BHPian

Condolences to the family of the girl. BTW, the driver of the car, is a relative of my friend. He is still reported to be in a serious condition.
Old 5th March 2006, 01:14   #8
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and use of abusive words/photographs in posts/avatars/signatures/topics is STRICTLY prohibited.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further to prevent your account from being permanently disabled on this board.

Last edited by ported_head : 5th March 2006 at 12:54.
Old 5th March 2006, 02:03   #9

That was really very sad. The picture of the car sent a chill down my spine!!
I'm gonna avoid drinking and driving (leave aside speeding) from now on.
Old 5th March 2006, 03:36   #10
Team-BHP Support

I will post pictures of a Palio 1.2 and an Uno crashed in a similar fashion and similar state of mind (drunk ) where the drivers walked out of their cars unscratched and unscattered but the cars are a total loss (wreck to see)!!! And coincidently it happened the same night at around the same time in Pune. Watch this space.

Last edited by moralfibre : 5th March 2006 at 03:38.
Old 5th March 2006, 05:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
Here you go bro

Jesus.. what was he trying to do.. man they were doing some high speeds to do this kind of damage..
Old 5th March 2006, 11:44   #12
Senior - BHPian

Holy Cow ! Thats one real smashed car there - man these other people are lucky they reached the hospital alive - Condolences to the family of the girl. !

OFF TOPIC - just read in Midday yesterday , Pune has become a party hotspot for mumbaikars after the police here has begun to clamp down on dance bars and discs and pubs. People from mumbai drive to pune on saturday evening and party till early morning sunday - and drive back ....whats the moral of this story ?

Avoid driving Pune- Mumbai on early Sunday morning - lots of drunk drivers on their way back.
Old 5th March 2006, 11:57   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Condolences to the family of the girl. BTW, the driver of the car, is a relative of my friend. He is still reported to be in a serious condition.
He better stay that way!
Old 5th March 2006, 12:11   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
He better stay that way!

dude.. relax.. what ever said and done i am sure he will never drive again.. taking a life is a punishment in itself.. an incident that will always haunt you no matter what you do.
Old 5th March 2006, 12:55   #15
BHPian

ouch..like to offer my condolesence to the girls family.

this is what drinkin + drivin equals to... :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks