Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 22:18   #1276
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

And this jam at CC was due to diversions in the city. I feel traffic was well managed after 8pm.
Old 13th June 2012, 22:43   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
huge jams around Chandani chowk. Plan accordingly. All entries into CC are jam packed.
The jam was huge!! It took my bus 45 mins to get from Bharat Electronics/NH4 to CC. And that was quick, because we were almost always completely on the wrong side. Ofcourse, that complicated things further , but , rule breakers were on all sides.
All I could see was 1 regular (non-traffic) cop standing at the Bharat Elec circle trying to control traffic and he was seriously overloaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
And this jam at CC was due to diversions in the city. I feel traffic was well managed after 8pm.
I was there after 8 and it was this bad, wondering how it was earlier in the day..?
Which traffic was diverted to Bavdhan ?

EDIT : The highway was moving at a snail's pace from Sutarwadi/Pashan Lake too!

Last edited by sajo : 13th June 2012 at 22:44.
Old 13th June 2012, 23:44   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo

The jam was huge!! It took my bus 45 mins to get from Bharat Electronics/NH4 to CC. And that was quick, because we were almost always completely on the wrong side.
I had foreseen this scenario. So for last couple of days I'm going on my bike to the office.
I was lucky enough to pass the above mentioned stretch in 15 min flat..
And yes! The jam was huge.
Cheers.

Last edited by coriollis : 13th June 2012 at 23:45.
Old 14th June 2012, 10:27   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The jam was huge!! It took my bus 45 mins to get from Bharat Electronics/NH4 to CC.
It was 15 minutes in my case.

Quote:
Which traffic was diverted to Bavdhan?
Sangamwadi bridge - JM road were blocked even after 6pm. So, traffic coming from Nagar road had to choose either Range hills-University chowk-Bavdhan route or Range hills-University chowk-SB road route to reach Paud road.
Old 14th June 2012, 21:28   #1280
MDe
BHPian

Hi, I am coming from Solapur to Pune tomorrow and might reach hadapsar by 3PM. Since the Palkhi is going to move towards Loni, I am worried that I will get stuck well before hadapsar. Please suggest if the following road will be good to get to Pune station:
Theur Phata ->Theur Road ->manjari ->Koregaon park->station. Any help is highly appreciated.
Old 14th June 2012, 21:57   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know where exactly in Khadki are the army disposed off vehicles kept for inspection?
Old 15th June 2012, 10:42   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Hi, I am coming from Solapur to Pune tomorrow and might reach hadapsar by 3PM. Since the Palkhi is going to move towards Loni, I am worried that I will get stuck well before hadapsar. Please suggest if the following road will be good to get to Pune station:
Theur Phata ->Theur Road ->manjari ->Koregaon park->station. Any help is highly appreciated.
I dont know the route of Theur Phata -> Theur Road, but stay off the Pune-Solapur highway at any cost. The road is completely barricaded and no vehicles are allowed on it till today evening (or till post afternoon).

From Manjari to Pune station wont be problem.
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 12:36   #1283
Senior - BHPian

One spell of rains, and the traffic situation goes for a toss!
I was out since noon yesterday, trying to enjoy the first spell of rains. Unfortunately, that wasnt the case. Got stuck in traffic for most of the time.
Water logging on the culverts, traffic in berserk mode and all and sundry honking away to glory.

Sigh, when would we have infrastructure that wont give up? Am I asking for too much? Or is it Monday blues?
Old 18th June 2012, 12:49   #1284
Senior - BHPian

At the Karve road signal near Karishma society, heading towards Paud phata/ Nal stop I see 2-3 traffic cops wading into the waiting traffic and checking something. Its not sunfilm, but I have seen them ask a few random people to pull over. I have noticed this is happening for the last few weeks at least on weekdays. Not sure about weekends.

Any idea what they are upto? I intend to ask what are they checking for if it is not sunfilm. I am sure if I ask such questions while riding/ driving a motor vehicle, they will end up finding something wrong. One of these days I should ride across on my bicycle and ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sigh, when would we have infrastructure that wont give up? Am I asking for too much? Or is it Monday blues?
ahem
But I do agree that a lot more people mutate into moron drivers once it starts raining. I am beginning to think it is the routine biker who switches to his barely used car and thinks he should aim a car (not drive) the same way as he weaves around on his bike (again, not ride)

Last edited by selfdrive : 18th June 2012 at 12:59.
Old 22nd June 2012, 21:47   #1285
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I dont know the route of Theur Phata -> Theur Road, but stay off the Pune-Solapur highway at any cost. The road is completely barricaded and no vehicles are allowed on it till today evening (or till post afternoon).

From Manjari to Pune station wont be problem.
Thanks for the info. I was pushed off the road at Daund itself by the police. They asked me to take a right which lead to a toll booth. The toll booth guys asked me to take an immediate left after the booth. I felt cheated paying toll for the road that I had to take. The road was a single lane, extremely bad road that was only good enough for one car. The road condition was ridiculous. I had to travel 50Kms on the road towards wagholi. Later it met nagar highway from which I proceeded to the city.
Old 26th June 2012, 09:52   #1286
Senior - BHPian

NH4 bypass : They have closed off the highway completely just after Lalani Quantum/ Crystal Honda, if you are going towards Chandani Chowk. Traffic instead is diverted onto the service road, which, ofcourse, is narrow.
Got to know this yesterday while driving back. Long queues and crawling traffic at 8 pm or thereabouts on this road as a result. As of now, they arent actually doing anything (no digging etc), just have closed it off.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 21:50   #1287
Senior - BHPian

NH4 Rants :

- On wednesday, at around 11 AM or thereabouts, a bike brushed against/cut across/something similar to an Innova on the long curve towards Chandani Chowk from Warje. Result : a bunch of Innova occupants and some other people on the road were busy thrashing a few others. No idea about the exact incident, but they had held up the traffic on that narrow section for many minutes. No visible damage to any of the vehicles whose occupants were involved in the punchup. Jam was mostly due to the rubberneckers.
- A company mini bus (my company) rammed into a Tata Indigo which inturn rammed into something else (didnt see) today morning. There was a whole lot of broken glass on the stretch just before Baner/VITS. Tailgating, most probably.

I am really pleased that problems with the NH4 bypass are being addressed. For example, they are building little flyover-ettes over some sections (Warje and Bavdhan) , where there is heavy traffic crossing over. This is similar to the little tunnel under the bridge which connects Balewadi and Baner, between Oxford Nissan and VITS.
Then there is the lane widening. Though , some buildings in Bavdhan would feel like the highway is right outside their bedrooms.

PS : None of the above work has actually been done, or even begun yet. But it makes me really happy that something atleast is in motion, compared to the complete inaction earlier.
Old 4th July 2012, 11:27   #1288
BHPian

Warje - opposite the Aditya Garden Society : I saw a spotted deer lying dead on the divider on my way to Hinjewadi. Must have been crossing and hit by some vehicle.

Where did it come from in this vicinity ? Last I recall some dead deers near the Khadakwasla dam on the NDA side about month or 2 back in the newspapers.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:05   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-rare-one View Post
Where did it come from in this vicinity ? Last I recall some dead deers near the Khadakwasla dam on the NDA side about month or 2 back in the newspapers.
Sad to hear that. It must have been lost and come down from the NDA side, perhaps from the direction of Oasis restaurant instead of returning to Khadakwasla side.
Did the deer in Khadakwasla die of shock, perhaps from dogs barking etc?
Old 4th July 2012, 13:48   #1290
Senior - BHPian

There is some improvement in road conditions on Nagar road - mostly between Kalyani Nagar junction and Khardi bypass. Lot of road re-laying and leveling has been done. Still some work on the outer most lanes is pending.
I don't know how long the roads will remain that good (especially once rains start pouring), but for now, the roads are in good condition. So drive along!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks