Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 11:00   #1081
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas Ingle View Post
A bad experience day before yesterday.
Sad to hear of this incident, Tejas. But also glad that you walked away with minor scratches.
If nothing, I recommend that you change the route for a few . Or just dayswear a different helmet if you have to take the same route. You never know how big an ego this pig has. It is best that you dont run into him again in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Sad to know about the incident Tejas. Hope you recover soon. At times I feel we should turn into vigilante and teach these #*&$^*#$^ big lessons. At times blood boils so much that I feel it will be better if I let it go through the roof
Rahul, while I agree with you in principle in practice, the scenario is totally different. It is best not to wrestle with a pig in the gutter (which is what I can equate these morons to).
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 12:35   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
This is a rowdy fat person, just celebrated holi, stinking alchohol, staring at me. I question him which angers him.

So I turned into some by-lane and went back home hoping to never meet such people again.
Probably that was a wrong thing I did but I was not at all willing to go through all that stuff.
Thank god you escaped with minor injuries.
But the damage done to our self esteem is not superficial, it is etched deep down. The truth that we cannot do anything is very hard to digest.
Quote:
This moron also seemed to have some contact.
These guys always seem to have contacts. Why is that we are always short of contacts? It is not that we are not that well connected, but 'Why bother? Or 'Do you have time for all this?' is our usual cover up. I now a days feel like we deserve to be bullied. These is entirely my opinion and absolutely no offense to anyone.
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 12:36   #1083
Senior - BHPian

I must say it was a horrible incident. But its no surprise. There are thousands of such morons flooded on pune roads. Speaking on mobiles while driving is a fashion here.

Recently i faced similar incident where i was just entering the Khadki railway underground tunnel and from nowhere suddenly from left a bike rider speaking on mobile appeared and i braked hard and honked badly at him.

Going ahead the tunnel he started abusing me and said in hindi " I dont have eyes on my back, so you should look in front" not only this my sister was with my in my car and he started giving dirty badwords and spit gutka on my car.

I was damn pissed off and cursed myself for braking and not knocking him down. He had parked his bike right in front of me.

Little did he realize what was next in his fate, i just hit the boot release button on my dashboard, opened the door of my car went back, took out my wooden stick and hit him hard on his legs.

He was immediately terrified that i got on top of him and started saying sorry sir, galti se gakli nikla muh se and all.

This was happening right in front of police station with police all round and still they dint intervene or bother to ask what happened.

I pulled the collar of the person and broke his shirt buttons and dragged him near the gates of police station. Suddenly a scorpio guy behind and my sister started shouting to leave him.

I regained my lost mind and paused and let him go. I moved ahead on my way and for full 10kms the guy dint dare to overtake me.

I hate to get engaged in road rage as it causes disastrous results, but sometimes its truly out of my control.
amit_mechengg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 13:21   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post

I hate to get engaged in road rage as it causes disastrous results, but sometimes its truly out of my control.
Wow! It's good that you taught him a lesson. Its good to let the steam go sometimes. I am really surprised that the police didn't intervene even in front of a police station. Not that I expect them to be efficient but generally, when there is a fight on street its a good opportunity for them to milk some money from both parties!
Old 16th March 2012, 14:40   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Tejas,
That area is prone to be full of such low-lifes.
Specially coz, Vadarwadi is nearby.
The best way to avoid getting into a sitaution with a drunk fellow on the road, is to avoid the fellow.
Hope your bruises are superficial and nothing more..

I can relate your incident to MoralFibre's recent similar one.
Monaro CV8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 15:19   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You did the right thing mate. No use fighting with a pig, it is you who get dirty and much before you put any effort at all, we all know what is bound to happen.

Just make sure you do not travel that road on the same bike for sometime.

All the best! Hope your injuries heal soon!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 16:18   #1087
BHPian

Quote:
Little did he realize what was next in his fate, i just hit the boot release button on my dashboard, opened the door of my car went back, took out my wooden stick and hit him hard on his legs.
How to procure this wooden stick? And am serious about it. Better to vent off at times, than rue about our impotency for a long long time.
Old 16th March 2012, 16:21   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How to procure this wooden stick? And am serious about it. Better to vent off at times, than rue about our impotency for a long long time.
I got it from hardware shop for 60rs. Its a wooden log that workers use to attach digger tools onto it. we often call it " Fawda"
amit_mechengg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 18:39   #1089
BHPian

Quote:
I got it from hardware shop for 60rs. Its a wooden log that workers use to attach digger tools onto it. we often call it " Fawda"
Alternately, one can use a cricket stump or a hockey stick or Bamboo batons used by Policemen(Can be sourced form shops dealing in Police uniforms), though not sure of the price.

Hope there are no infractions on this advice for inciting Violence.

Last edited by nawalsingal : 16th March 2012 at 18:40.
Old 16th March 2012, 18:45   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawalsingal View Post
Alternately, one can use a cricket stump or a hockey stick or Bamboo batons used by Policemen(Can be sourced form shops dealing in Police uniforms), though not sure of the price.

Hope there are no infractions on this advice for inciting Violence.
Dont even dare to keep hokeysticks or police dandas. Police may catch you itself for keeping harmful stuffs. A normal log for self protection is ok.

Driving around with hockey gives different impression about yourself

LEts stop discussing what to carry while driving here itself.

Lets not advocate special tools anymore
Old 16th March 2012, 19:08   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sad to hear this. Incidences like this, and the fact that the city leaders are increasingly being chosen on the merits of how many police cases pending against them, frankly I am thinking my days in Pune might be numbered. I love the city for its chill and culture, but this gunda culture is getting too out of hands. Every bugger who know local anna and dada is immune from law.

Good that you walked away from the situation. If the person was drunk, then he won't remember you, so don't worry on that part. Though I would suggest two things:

1. HID for the bike
2. preparation for extra 10 minutes to reach home.

Hope no one has to face this situation.

@amit_mechengg: That's a good suggestion. Let me search for some fawda in my nearby shops!
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 00:49   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
At times I feel we should turn into vigilante and teach these #*&$^*#$^ big lessons. At times blood boils so much that I feel it will be better if I let it go through the roof
Quote:
I must say it was a horrible incident. But its no surprise. There are thousands of such morons flooded on pune roads. Speaking on mobiles while driving is a fashion here.

Recently i faced similar incident
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Wow! It's good that you taught him a lesson. Its good to let the steam go sometimes.
It does feel very good to teach these guys a lesson they would always remember. That guy deserved what Amit did. But the thing you should keep in mind is that they have an ego issue as pointed out by Selfdrive. Tomorrow you may run into the same guy while he is with his buddies and you are with your family. Then you are in deep mess. So my suggestion would be to avoid road rage as far as possible but self defence is a must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Sad to hear of this incident, Tejas. But also glad that you walked away with minor scratches.
If nothing, I recommend that you change the route for a few . Or just dayswear a different helmet if you have to take the same route. You never know how big an ego this pig has. It is best that you dont run into him again in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Tejas,
That area is prone to be full of such low-lifes.
Specially coz, Vadarwadi is nearby.
The best way to avoid getting into a sitaution with a drunk fellow on the road, is to avoid the fellow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
You did the right thing mate. No use fighting with a pig, it is you who get dirty and much before you put any effort at all, we all know what is bound to happen.
Just make sure you do not travel that road on the same bike for sometime.
All the best! Hope your injuries heal soon!
Yup, I will be cautious. It is difficult to avoid this area since I stay very close.
My injuries are superficial and will subside soon. Thanks for the support and wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Thank god you escaped with minor injuries.
But the damage done to our self esteem is not superficial, it is etched deep down. The truth that we cannot do anything is very hard to digest.
I am going through the same feeling. Every time the injuries pain my temper shoots up. But we dont deserve to be bullied. We are bullied because we have a life and we chose not to shadow it under voilent activities. We stay as far as possible from trouble and this is misused by these pigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Sad to hear this. Incidences like this, and the fact that the city leaders are increasingly being chosen on the merits of how many police cases pending against them, frankly I am thinking my days in Pune might be numbered.

Though I would suggest two things:
1. HID for the bike
2. preparation for extra 10 minutes to reach home.
Thats true. The population of these taporis is growing a lot in this city and there seems to be no way to control it.
I too was thinking of better lights on my bike. Looks like its time to get the work done.

One more thing I have noticed is that people drive on the wrong side into oncoming traffic so that they can turn right from the next square without waiting for the oncoming trafic to pass. What makes people try these stunts?
Tejas Ingle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2012, 15:43   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
I am going through the same feeling. Every time the injuries pain my temper shoots up. But we dont deserve to be bullied. We are bullied because we have a life and we chose not to shadow it under violent activities. We stay as far as possible from trouble and this is misused by these pigs.
I know that we do not deserve to be bullied pal! But what do we do? we always succumb to the situation..
This happens number of times this happens and we still keep quiet... Now this situation can lead to sudden and violent explosion of feelings at most undesirable time.. that is bad.. so at least we should vent out our feelings somewhere.
I also have had number of one on one's.. have had bruises and broken bones and once a broken nose also. But now a days I also ignore these nutcases. But I echo your statement of self defense.
Now a days whenever I am angry and about to yell at somebody I have made a habit to visualize my son's face.. It calms you down. It has helped me a lot.
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 10:36   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice a couple of police cars and an army truck, near Mahindra First choice showroom in Bavdhan, last evening?

I was passing that road around 6:30ish, when two police cars, one army truck, a couple of bikers, and a whole bunch of locals were standing on the road blocking one lane.
The truck, had been pulled over to the left, and police were arguing with the truck driver.

No clue as to what was happening. Just that, that scene did cause an unnecessary jam for a bit.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 21st March 2012 at 10:37.
Old 21st March 2012, 11:37   #1095
BHPian

Both the bridges parallel to the Holkar bridge are open for traffic. The problem is vehicles coming from Range hill and going towards Vishrantwadi (holkar bridge route) have to cross the road just before the new bridge and as the road before the bridge is in good condition the traffic is usually very fast.

Taking a U at the end of the bridge going towards yerawada is also not feasible.

As more people start using this bridge this place has potential for chaos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks