Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 11:33   #1021
Senior - BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Horrendous traffic jam yesterday evening from Rahul theatre flyover till Juna Bazaar. From Balewadi to Camp, it took me 1 hour 40 minutes

Thankfully I was in Alto, had it been Cruze, one more hour would have been added

Is this a routine affair or a one-off thingy?
Yesterday was bazaar day at Juna bazaar. So it has to be a regular phenomenon. Even I got stuck there on the bike around noon. To add to the woes, it was hot as hell, left me partially dehydrated + with a few sun-burns.
antz.bin is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 11:55   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Yep. Avoid Wednesday and Sunday evenings to wade through Juna Bazaar. Horrendous traffic. I was passing from Court through Juna Bazaar at 5pm, and the traffic was very slow, but moving. Thank God I was in a car, otherwise I would have been cooked on a bike!

Note to self: Avoid Juna bazaar road after 4.30 on Wed and Sun.
Old 1st March 2012, 12:12   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Yesterday was bazaar day at Juna bazaar. So it has to be a regular phenomenon. Even I got stuck there on the bike around noon. To add to the woes, it was hot as hell, left me partially dehydrated + with a few sun-burns.
The best way to get out of this regular jam on Wednesdays and Sundays (Bazaar days at Juna Bazaar) is to take the left turn at agricultural college and reach the wakdewadi road, from there go straight to Sohrab hall and turn right towards camp etc.

This is all basis you actually wanted to reach Camp-side from Rahul.
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 12:23   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post
The best way to get out of this regular jam on Wednesdays and Sundays (Bazaar days at Juna Bazaar) is to take the left turn at agricultural college and reach the wakdewadi road, from there go straight to Sohrab hall and turn right towards camp etc.

The right turn in the wakdewadi underpass is blocked. So taking a left at agriculture college will mean traveling up to B.U.Bhandari workshop and taking a U turn.

Generally there is a traffic jam from Wakdewadi underpass till COEP in the evenings.
Old 1st March 2012, 12:35   #1025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinephraim View Post

Actually I had to go from COEP to Apte Road HDFC Bank branch and was trying to avoid the (usual) huge jam at Sancheti flyover which extended all the way till Sangam bridge right across COEP. Thinking I opted for the lesser of the 2 evils, I guess I screwed up a bit .

The stupider thing I did yesterday was I took the exact same route to come back as well, in effect, getting stuck in each and every traffic jam.

Last edited by antz.bin : 1st March 2012 at 12:39.
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:52   #1026
BHPian

Is anybody using the Aundh-Ravet road or similar ?

I need an alternative route (to touch the Eway), which will go around the road works that are currently going on at NH4 Pune-Banglore by-pass at the following patches, and which cause major traffic jams at peak hours.
1. HEMRL chwk to Sadanand chwk
2. Wakad Chwk to Sentosa Resort

I normally join the By-pass at Sinhagad Rd. or Chandni Chwk. to go to Mumbai.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:09   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Guys

Just be aware or beware of a silver Indigo numbered MH-13 AC 1353, if you are traveling on the CC-Bavdhan-Pashan route. I have seen this dreadful Indigo 3 times in the last one month. The driver drives the car as if the car has alcohol filled in it instead of diesel. Twice he came very very close to my car and almost scratched, but I somehow managed to sway to left. He has scratched/touched few cars, 2 wheelers already. BTW, there is this doctor's symbol on the rear windshield. Ha...doctor collecting patients..eh?

He took away my swift's left mirror backside plastic cover , this person is immune to any horns or gestures to stop.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:17   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
Is anybody using the Aundh-Ravet road or similar ?

I need an alternative route (to touch the Eway), which will go around the road works that are currently going on at NH4 Pune-Banglore by-pass at the following patches, and which cause major traffic jams at peak hours.
1. HEMRL chwk to Sadanand chwk
2. Wakad Chwk to Sentosa Resort

I normally join the By-pass at Sinhagad Rd. or Chandni Chwk. to go to Mumbai.
From which point do you start?
The best way is Vidyapeeth - Baner - Balewadi - Bypass.
Old 2nd March 2012, 14:05   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo29 View Post
He took away my swift's left mirror backside plastic cover , this person is immune to any horns or gestures to stop.
Since you have his Vehicle no. Check the owner using Vahan, It MAY help you in some way if you know the owners name if you want to lodge a complaint.
kevinephraim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2012, 17:19   #1030
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
And its functional. Inexplicably the "old" new bridge has been closed to traffic. Hopefully it should be only a temporary blockage.
Yeah, the old side of the new bridge needs to be realigned to the "right" side of the traffic as it was catering to the "wrong" side so far. Hope both of them are functional soon and we can all benefit.
Old 4th March 2012, 21:27   #1031
dot
Senior - BHPian

Punekars seems to have stopped contributing to this thread Maybe things are all fine these days on the road.

Koregaon Park Plaza Mall has opened on the Koregaon Park annex Road, almost next to Westin Hotel. What a nice architecture. Suggesting all of you to go there and check it out.

But one thing I foresee is the amount of traffic that will build up as a result of cars and bikes trying to enter and exit the mall. Even though the road has been widened and concrete-ized, during normal rush hours traffic piles up quite a bit.

Now with the mall being functional, there might be even more traffic.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 09:58   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Punekars seems to have stopped contributing to this thread Maybe things are all fine these days on the road.

Koregaon Park Plaza Mall has opened on the Koregaon Park annex Road, almost next to Westin Hotel. What a nice architecture. Suggesting all of you to go there and check it out.

But one thing I foresee is the amount of traffic that will build up as a result of cars and bikes trying to enter and exit the mall. Even though the road has been widened and concrete-ized, during normal rush hours traffic piles up quite a bit.

Now with the mall being functional, there might be even more traffic.
This mall is definitely going to cause a lot of traffic problems. Even now when you take left turn from the bridge towards this mall, people forget the median and are piled up on the entire narrow road from wrong direction and leave you very less place to go ahead.

As soon as you take a turn suddenly people brake abruptly for taking turn towards the citibank building. Worst is the situation during evening times when offices leave.

Recently due to the opening of Reliance mart at aundh the traffic on the Mc Donalds road has gone berseck. People try to take U turn for the mall on the most congested road and block the entire length of the road.

Yesterday due to local people taking action there were few police deployed there who were restricting people to enter the mall by directly taking U turn, but that was only for 1-2 hours. Very soon the condition was same
Old 5th March 2012, 10:03   #1033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
This mall is definitely going to cause a lot of traffic problems. Even now when you take left turn from the bridge towards this mall, people forget the median and are piled up on the entire narrow road from wrong direction and leave you very less place to go ahead.

As soon as you take a turn suddenly people brake abruptly for taking turn towards the citibank building. Worst is the situation during evening times when offices leave.

Recently due to the opening of Reliance mart at aundh the traffic on the Mc Donalds road has gone berseck. People try to take U turn for the mall on the most congested road and block the entire length of the road.

Yesterday due to local people taking action there were few police deployed there who were restricting people to enter the mall by directly taking U turn, but that was only for 1-2 hours. Very soon the condition was same
Another case of Pune's so called "Development" without Intelligence and/or Infrastructure!!!!!!!"
Old 5th March 2012, 11:36   #1034
Senior - BHPian

^^I can so expect a road divider that would be put in place on that stretch (post k'nagar bridge, till Mundhwa junction). While, it may be necessary, if not done in the proper manner, it would be another road work, gone down the drain.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:00   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

On a related note, I happen to think the parking at Phoenix Market City on Nagar Road is very well managed. I had gone once on a weekend and there must have been literally thousands of cars and bikes there but it didn't cause any disturbance to the traffic. It's good that at least some malls are taking responsibility for maintaining the sanity of the neighbourhood they operate in!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks