Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2022, 13:23   #2161
BHPian

Re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd18 View Post
Need to know whether stations have any car parking or any alternate place to park for a to and fro journey.
There is a big parking space(quite well maintained) below the over bridge at Empire Estate complex(near Ranka Jewellers). It should be half a km approx from the PCMC metro station.
abhi_tjet is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 09:39   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygodbole View Post
Request you to update on status (though it will mean more time spent looking for the changes.)
The bridge demolition and related work had not yet started at least on Thursday (15/9) when I travelled to office and back. I read an article this morning which said that the demolition has been postponed by 8 more days, so maybe the new planned dates are 24-25th Sept. Whether it will actually take place then is anyone's guess.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 11:31   #2163
BHPian

Yesterday I travelled from to Mulshi road and back.

Joined the highway at Dukkar khind, crossed over and continued on the service road. Took a left at Ved Bhavan and started to go towards Chandani Chowk.
Took the left fork towards NDA. (Right fork takes you back to the highway and Mumbai. Prominent signage is in place).
Continued towards NDA. Then took a U turn and headed towards Chandani Chowk. Took a left and I was on Mulshi road.

While coming back, again following proper signage, I took the exit marked for Kothrud, which put me back on the other (Kothrud) side of the highway. After joining the highway I still had the option to take the left fork to proceed to Bavdhan in case I wanted.

Of course work is still going on, but I didn't face any issues.
RedTerrano is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 19:51   #2164
BHPian

There was a huge traffic jam at Wakad near Hinjewadi bridge on NH48( Dehu-Katraj bypass road) towards Baner(Pune) side.

A heavy vehicle has overturned and spiral effect can be seen.
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-4c3111d4e6744ce499a3cea56c8f84e2.jpeg

rd18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 08:55   #2165
Senior - BHPian

The left lanes (in both directions) on the bypass have been cordoned off for about 50 metres or so right under the old bridge. Traffic was royally messed up when I crossed that patch around 7.45 AM today. Don't know if it's a temporary measure or they plan to keep it that way till the demolition is completed.

If you are travelling from Warje to Wakad, another option is to start going towards Mulshi using the route given by RedTerrano in post 2163 above, then take a U turn after a short distance and join the bypass via the ramp, around 50-75 metres after the old bridge (where the Shivneri/Shivshahi/other pvt bus operators pickup passengers). This route is supposed to be one of the diversions once the demolition work begins, but don't know if it is open yet.

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 20th September 2022 at 09:05.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 09:37   #2166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
...take a U turn after a short distance and join the bypass via the ramp, around 50-75 metres after the old bridge (where the Shivneri/Shivshahi/other pvt bus operators pickup passengers).
If I understand correctly, this is the ramp which you are referring to.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-screenshot-20220920-09.33.16.png

I have tried it our (not recently)
From what I understood (there was no signage put up back then) it is only for coming off the highway onto Mulshi road.
In any case I would urge caution plying that patch. It is a curved road with ramp walls blocking the view and you know Punekars.
Stay safe.
RedTerrano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 07:52   #2167
BHPian

Bridge update:
As per the latest news, the bridge is scheduled to be brought down on 2nd Oct 2022.

The demolition involves blocking the NH, stopping the traffic at a safe distance, actual blasting and rubble clearance. Alternate routes are being setup (which will be published) and all arrangements are scheduled to be reviewed on 27th Sep.

As per one earlier report, once the bridge is taken down, the highway can also be expanded to 3+3 (compared to the current 2+2) lanes.
RedTerrano is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2022, 08:40   #2168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
If you are travelling from Warje to Wakad, another option is to start going towards Mulshi using the route given by RedTerrano in post 2163 above, then take a U turn after a short distance and join the bypass via the ramp, around 50-75 metres after the old bridge (where the Shivneri/Shivshahi/other pvt bus operators pickup passengers).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTerrano View Post
From what I understood (there was no signage put up back then) it is only for coming off the highway onto Mulshi road. In any case I would urge caution plying that patch. It is a curved road with ramp walls blocking the view and you know Punekars..
I tried the above option today to join the bypass near the MSRTC Bus Stop. It was quite smooth at least at 7.45 AM. Also, there is a big board with "WAY TO MUMBAI" written on it right at the start of this ramp. Even then, like you said, it's better to watch out for traffic coming up the ramp from the bypass and going towards Mulshi. I guess once the bypass is blocked due to the bridge demolition, this would be one of the planned diversions to redirect traffic that is coming from Warje/Kothrud and travelling towards Wakad/Mumbai.
comfortablynumb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 08:45   #2169
BHPian

Quote:
the bridge is scheduled to be brought down on 2nd Oct 2022.
It's official!
The demolition is scheduled at 0200 AM on 2nd October 2022.
The highway will be closed for traffic from 1100PM (1st Oct) to 0800AM (2nd Oct)
Approximately 600 KG of explosives will be used for the demolition.

Considering the time, it is quite possible the Boom can be heard at quite some distance.

https://www.punekarnews.in/pune-chan...ge-demolition/

Last edited by libranof1987 : 28th September 2022 at 10:08.
RedTerrano is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 10:04   #2170
BHPian

Quote:
It's official!
The demolition is scheduled at 0200 AM on 2nd October 2022.
The highway will be closed for traffic from 1100PM (1st Oct) to 0800AM (2nd Oct)
Approximately 600 KG of explosives will be used for the demolition.

Considering the time, it is quite possible the Boom can be heard at quite some distance.

https://www.punekarnews.in/pune-chan...ge-demolition/
Yes, it will be done by same company which demolished Noida twin towers. They seem to be the go to company now in India for this type of work.

https://punemirror.com/pune/others/A...cid8631147.htm

FLYER
Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-0d79fcc72be241e0b0792caa5fd4f086.jpeg
rd18 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 12:32   #2171
BHPian

So the demolition has happened and it took a little longer to open the road than anticipated earlier.

More details on the following news article from Indian Express:

https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...-shut-8185216/
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2022, 12:45   #2172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
So the demolition has happened and it took a little longer to open the road than anticipated earlier.
That patch seems to have been reopened for traffic after 10 AM, according to this article.

https://www.esakal.com/amp/maharasht...dge-pune-dro95
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2022, 08:22   #2173
Senior - BHPian

New ramp opened up from today for Mumbai, Mulshi, Bavdhan. Previous road towards Mulshi has been closed.
After taking U turn at NDA road, take down ramp to proceed to highway towards Mumbai. If one has to go Mulshi/Bavdhan, go further on highway for few meters and take left ramp(2-way) and then take right.
sukiwa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 19:58   #2174
Senior - BHPian

'Someone' told me that he took an under construction stretch of Pune Ring road from Mahalunge near Sunny's world, took the road to cross Symbiosis and reached somewhere close to Forest Trails Township near Manas Lake. All of this in about 25 min without touching the highway. I am not too sure about the route either so I need to recheck with him.

Anyone else ventured this route? Apparently it's not visible on Google Maps and I tried to find the road from Bhugaon side but couldn't due to lack of time and the fact that it was not present where it should have been as per the map on PMRDA website. Will check with that 'someone' and try again this weekend. The reason for this could be the fact that this map is for the Internal ring road (120 odd km) and it seems that they are prioritising the external ring road (173 km long).

I hope it turns out to be true since it is a major and much awaited infra project for the entire city which will help make the city smaller (in terms of getting from one end to the other) and ease traffic on many major routes.
Old 25th November 2022, 15:18   #2175
Senior - BHPian

Now one can reach from Warje-Karvenagar area to Kothrud Depot in 10 minutes !

From Warje junction, drive towards Chandani Chowk for about 2.5 kms. Once you see WOODS ROYALE society on the left, exit the highway and take the service road and go under the subway under the highway. After coming out of the subway on the other side, take the left turn and keep going for about 900-1000 meters and take the right turn and voila, you are on Paud road near Kothrud Depot.

Two days back, we had to drop our daughter to the school and it was kind of late compared to the usual timing. But reached 15 minutes before time using this route.

Google map link - https://goo.gl/maps/nKez5KDZKNbJfTsw9

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-screenshot-20221125-3.17.42-pm.png
ajay_satpute is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks