Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:49   #2116
BHPian

re: Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants

Fell for the well known scam of the attendant filling petrol for less that what you ask for and then claiming to fill out for the rest without resetting to zero.

It all happened so quickly that when I asked the attendant, he started to say something in Marathi and since I don't speak the language, couldn't argue in rush hour.

Happened at the Indian oil pump on Airport Road Tingre Nagar.
Old 23rd October 2019, 14:36   #2117
BHPian

Planning to do a trip Mumbai to Kankavli on the 30th October - Wednesday.

Will be taking the expressway from Mumbai to Pune and shall reach Talegaon by say 8:30 am.

Being a working day, do you guys envisage there will be a lot of traffic around this time to cross Pune and reach Satara?
Old 24th October 2019, 16:04   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Being a working day, do you guys envisage there will be a lot of traffic around this time to cross Pune and reach Satara?
Not really
Usually the traffic is going towards Hinjawdi. You will be coming in from the opposite direction. I should say, expect "normal" traffic.
RedTerrano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2019, 10:12   #2119
BHPian

Apologies if OT here.
I request moderators to please merge in appropriate forum thread.

Pune Traffic Police have launched an initiative called Aabhar. Its for all those vehicles who do not have any pending challans.
I could claim two separate coupons for both of my two wheelers, one with existing paid challans, the other with no fines to be, or already paid.

The idea behind this scheme is to reward citizens of Pune who have nil traffic violations against their vehicle number. The intent is to reward a law abiding citizen so that s/he can be encouraged to abide by traffic rules and regulations and encourage others. Traffic Branch will provide the award to citizens in form of coupons which can be redeemed by the citizens at the participating establishments. The participating establishments shall provide minimum discount of certain amount ranging from 10-50% to these eligible citizens.

More info here : http://www.aabhaar.punepolice.gov.in/
Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2020, 08:27   #2120
Senior - BHPian

Trailer broken down in the middle lane, approximately opposite Aga Khan palace, if you are traveling towards Kharadi. Even at 8.15 it took our bus 5 min to cross a 100 metre patch due to the disrupted traffic

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 16th January 2020 at 08:28.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 08:45   #2121
BHPian

Some good news for Punekars. Free movement to Vehicles turning Left at Traffic Signals. Hopefully it is implemented soon.
https://indianexpress.com/article/ci...stion-7109123/
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 01:33   #2122

If you would like to see recent road conditions and traffic in and around Pune, you might consider checking out my YouTube channel. I regularly post updates from the routes I drive on. Hope these videos might help someone here. I look forward to your feedback.

https://youtube.com/drivingby
onjon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 13:24   #2123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onjon View Post
If you would like to see recent road conditions and traffic in and around Pune, you might consider checking out my YouTube channel. I regularly post updates from the routes I drive on. Hope these videos might help someone here. I look forward to your feedback.

https://Youtube.com/drivingby
This is good, thanks for sharing .
Maybe you could add periodic updates to each of the areas that you visited once/earlier, so that folks get to know 'before' and 'now' kind of status.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 14:25   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onjon View Post
I regularly post updates from the routes I drive on.
Just went through your video of Hinjawadi Phase3 to Ph1 travel. Thanks a lot for this.

Looking at the setup of these roads - I would like to stay away from traveling this route till those barricades/partitions are removed.
Nightmare would be an understatement to travel on this if work from is revoked even within next 6 months. Start today reach (Wakad) tomorrow will be the tagline.

Even a Sunday has more traffic on this road than what you faced. Just wondering on the progress they made for Metro, when lockdown rules were relaxed since Oct last year. They are going slower than a snail's pace.

The second video of ph1 to Maan is a bit relaxing - considering that still is in excellent shape. This was my main travel route to Quadron from Wakad.

Any alternate routes developed or ready to travel to Balewadi?

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 28th September 2021 at 14:33.
Old 28th September 2021, 15:28   #2125

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
This is good, thanks for sharing .
Maybe you could add periodic updates to each of the areas that you visited once/earlier, so that folks get to know 'before' and 'now' kind of status.
Thank you, yes I intend to do that.

It has always been a challenge for me personally to understand road conditions, parking etc when I go to a new area. So I thought of starting this channel hoping it might help someone with something
onjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 16:48   #2126

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Just went through your video of Hinjawadi Phase3 to Ph1 travel. Thanks a lot for this.

Looking at the setup of these roads - I would like to stay away from traveling this route till those barricades/partitions are removed.
Nightmare would be an understatement to travel on this if work from is revoked even within next 6 months. Start today reach (Wakad) tomorrow will be the tagline.

Even a Sunday has more traffic on this road than what you faced. Just wondering on the progress they made for Metro, when lockdown rules were relaxed since Oct last year. They are going slower than a snail's pace.

The second video of ph1 to Maan is a bit relaxing - considering that still is in excellent shape. This was my main travel route to Quadron from Wakad.

Any alternate routes developed or ready to travel to Balewadi?
Yes the Line 3 Metro construction is progress and it looks like it will be a while before the barricades go away. There is a new road that is connecting Maan Road to Balewadi Stadium. Most of it is ready except the first few hundred meters from Maan Road. Hope to cover that route soon.
onjon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 23:28   #2127

I filmed Baner Road on the morning of October 1, 2021 from near the University Chowk to the NH48 Flyover. Many sections have been barricaded for the Metro median pillars construction(yet to begin), but is still quite drivable. The traffic was also usual. Here is the link to the complete video for reference

onjon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 17:22   #2128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Fell for the well known scam of the attendant filling petrol for less that what you ask for and then claiming to fill out for the rest without resetting to zero.

It all happened so quickly that when I asked the attendant, he started to say something in Marathi and since I don't speak the language, couldn't argue in rush hour.

Happened at the Indian oil pump on Airport Road Tingre Nagar.
This petrol pump is notorious for this and hence you always need to be vigilant.
Old 21st November 2021, 21:07   #2129
Senior - BHPian

Witnessed a horrible stretch between Ambegaon Budruk (nr Sinhagad Road) and Warje sometime ago.

Pune : Roads, traffic conditions, route queries and other assorted rants-01de9f0d925e4191bd8775084201e438.jpeg

Travel best avoided or rescheduled on this route.

Unusually high number of Mumbai number plates around, looks like on the way back from Goa/Mahabaleshwar etc
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 14:48   #2130
BHPian

Guys,

I have to share this experience. 2 weeks back I had dropped my parents to Mahabaleshwar. I wanted to go to Yamai devi shrine located in Aundh sansthan near Satara.

So I thought of taking the "Medha" ghat going on towards Satara from Mahabaleshwar. "Medha" is a small town on the way hence the name. I had never been through it so thought this is a good opportunity to explore. Next few hours were pure bliss!

The entire road right up-to Satara was absolutely a marvel to drive. I got to drive on an absolutely newly made road (mix of concrete and tar sections) with not a single pothole! Width was almost similar to Pune-Bangalore highway. The only bit rough patch were on small construction activity being done on small culverts. If anyone wants to go to Satara from Mahabaleshwar, pls follow this "Medha" route. Also no tolls (at least as of now).

The road to Aundh via Rahimatpur has also been widened and newly made. Absolutely no potholes or bumpy surface. Only rough patches were at the railway crossings and few culverts where work is being done. Quality is such that travel time from Satara to Aundh was reduced by 30 minutes.

So enjoy these roads and drive safely! After a long time, saw the turbo of my Tjet whistling off happily.

While we (including me) rant and rant on the miserable quality of roads, this is one of those rare instances where I fully appreciate the effort of all those workers, contractors and agencies, ministries who would have worked hard to make these beautiful roads! Hope the quality of these roads remain sustainable for years to come.

Cheers.
SSD2122 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks